embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

ntilagoa

Hi @quickmic

I think that I figured it.

If I start kodi and there are updates to made to the library, it starts the update ok. If for any reason the update stops (connection drops or I start seeing a tv channel or whatever) the next time I start kodi the update start from beginning but when arrives to the item where it stops before it stops there and I have to delete server file and reconnect again to update normally.

This only happens connecting to a remote server that do not have kodi companion installed. Connecting to a local server with kodi companion installed works ok.

quickmic
7 hours ago, ntilagoa said:

Hi @quickmic

I think that I figured it.

If I start kodi and there are updates to made to the library, it starts the update ok. If for any reason the update stops (connection drops or I start seeing a tv channel or whatever) the next time I start kodi the update start from beginning but when arrives to the item where it stops before it stops there and I have to delete server file and reconnect again to update normally.

This only happens connecting to a remote server that do not have kodi companion installed. Connecting to a local server with kodi companion installed works ok.

Perfect, that's something I can work with. I'll perform some tests.

• Like 1

misterkoat

How does this addon handle different streams? E.g. i have 1080 and 720 files, i havent seen a way to select the stream i want it just plays the first file added. I use direct paths.

quickmic
12 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

How does this addon handle different streams? E.g. i have 1080 and 720 files, i havent seen a way to select the stream i want it just plays the first file added. I use direct paths.

Do you mean multi version or really different video stream in a single container? Multiversion is supported.

misterkoat
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Do you mean multi version or really different video stream in a single container? Multiversion is supported.

say, i have Show s01e01-1080hvec.mkv and Show s01e01-720hvec.mkv, when starting playback previously id be asked to choose a stream file because they are the same episode in the server.

quickmic
3 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

starting playback previously id be asked to choose

Do you mean, it worked before with previous versions and now (latest version) it's broken?

misterkoat
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Do you mean, it worked before with previous versions and now (latest version) it's broken?

I used the Emby addon (which gave options) for a very long time but when I switched to Emby next gen I don't recall ever choosing a file to stream despite having multiple versions and dimensions. It's just the other day, I had a very low quality file in the server and later added a higher quality one. Everytime I'd start playback, it chose the low quality one without giving me an option to choose

Edited by misterkoat

quickmic
Just now, misterkoat said:

I used the Emby addon (which gave options) for a very long time but when I switched to Emby next gen I don't recall ever choosing a file to stream despite having multiple versions and dimensions. It's just the other I had a very low quality file in the server and later added a higher quality one. Everytime I'd start playback, it chose the low quality one without giving me an option to choose

Well as mentioned, it should work. Does Emby server detect the episode as multiversion or as 2 individual episodes?

misterkoat
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Does Emby server detect the episode as multiversion or as 2 individual episodes?

as multiversion

quickmic
3 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

as multiversion

I perform a test, works fine here. Do you have more multi version episodes? Can you try another one?

When was your last full sync of next-gen's db?

Which skin do you use?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version available:

Delta changelog:

- fix progress updates
- remove smb and http from sources.xml
- fix node update on library removal
- fix translations
- add db locks, especially for Android -> thread safety
- fix folder remove
- change landscape artwork for movie content
- update nodes (following Kodi "standard")
- fix playposition on remote controlled playback
- fix Apple TV node issues
- add episode sorting for dynamic content

Currently it's not in Kodi repo, I wait for feedback before upload.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Centory
On 10/17/2021 at 11:45 PM, Centory said:

When i add manually a movie to a boxset, this will don't automatically update in kodi, only after refresh boxsets. With versions (i think 6.0.9-6.1.11) before 6.1.13 was this working.

Hi @quickmicalso with version 6.1.4, to test i have deleted a movie from a collection in emby-server (4.7.0.15), but in kodi nothing happens. Only after "update collections".

quickmic
7 minutes ago, Centory said:

Hi @quickmicalso with version 6.1.4, to test i have deleted a movie from a collection in emby-server (4.7.0.15), but in kodi nothing happens. Only after "update collections".

Will check it again..

• Thanks 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, ntilagoa said:

Hi @quickmic

For me this new version do not fix the problem when connecting to a remote server without kodi companion installed.

Thank you

There must be something else or something additional wrong. I performed a test, it's fine without kodi companion.

ntilagoa

Yeah. I think I found the problem.

It has to see how I connect to the remote server. Manually connecting gives problems. Connecting using “emby connect” works fine. Don’t have idea why this happens, but at least it’s resolved 

Edited by ntilagoa

quickmic
2 minutes ago, ntilagoa said:

Yeah. I think I found the problem.

It has to see how I connect to the remote server. Manually connecting gives problems. Connecting using “emby connect” works fine. Don’t have idea why this happens, but at least it’s resolved 

You did manually connect? What exactly did you use as server? Fake the actual IP/URL, but I need to know the EXACT scheme.

quickmic

I know what's going wrong, but don;t know why. I checked your log (you send me via PM) again.

I can see that the port is missing. you log shows:

2021-10-16 12:25:57.245 T:12657    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.emby.emby.EmbyServer: ---[ INIT EMBYCLIENT: ]---
2021-10-16 12:25:57.245 T:12657    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.emby.emby.EmbyServer: --[ server/DEFAULT ]
2021-10-16 12:25:57.402 T:12657    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connect
2021-10-16 12:25:57.402 T:12657    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: testing connection mode 2 with server MYSERVERNAME
2021-10-16 12:25:57.402 T:12657    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: tryConnect url: https://xxxxx.yyyyy.com/emby/system/info/public
2021-10-16 12:25:58.636 T:12661    INFO <general>: initializing python engine.

As a test, I tried to connect to your server. I skipped before actual login, but in case you have an invalid connection in the log, don't be alarmed. This was me. Anyway, my log looks like that:

2021-10-22 21:00:44.550 T:45811    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: testing connection mode 2 with server MYSERVERNAME
2021-10-22 21:00:44.550 T:45811    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: tryConnect url: https://xxxxx.yyyyy.com:443/emby/system/info/public
2021-10-22 21:00:44.698 T:45811    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: calling onSuccessfulConnection with connection mode 2 with server MYSERVERNAME

As you compare both, you can see, the port is missing in your log. I have no idea why, are you 100% sure the server ip/url was correct and also the port?

Can you assign me a test account on your server?

obituary
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I know what's going wrong, but don;t know why. I checked your log (you send me via PM) again.

I can see that the port is missing. you log shows:

Just a thought...but with URLs, https usually means you can leave off the port and it is implied. Does the connection dialog box let you leave port empty if you use an https URL? Might be useful to be consistent though.

quickmic
17 minutes ago, obituary said:

Just a thought...but with URLs, https usually means you can leave off the port and it is implied. Does the connection dialog box let you leave port empty if you use an https URL? Might be useful to be consistent though.

Not sure if it's possible to leave it blank. First I wanna know what causes the issue before I add default values. Actually it shouldn't be possible to to connect to the server (what worked in your case) but websocket crashed due to lag of the port. I have an assumption what's going wrong. To verify my theory I need a test account.

Emby next gen is duplicating replaced media (in the server). I'm replacing some movies and TV Shows on my collection with H265 encodes and everything gets doubled.

Im manually removing the entries from the server before I replace with the H265 encodes but it's useless because the addon is duplicating everything.

I remember this has happened before, when angelblue05 was ahead of the project, and it was fixed. But on 6.1.3 is happening again

PS: I notice the addon removing some entries on KODI (it shows the progress bar with the .db numbers) but most of the stuff I replace gets duplicated.

PS2: Using native mode

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
3 minutes ago, djhifi said:

Emby next gen is duplicating replaced media (in the server). I'm replacing some movies and TV Shows on my collection with H265 encodes and everything gets doubled.

Im manually removing the entries from the server before I replace with the H265 encodes but it's useless because the addon is duplicating everything.

I remember this has happened before, when angelblue05 was ahead of the project, and it was fixed. But on 6.1.3 is happening again

PS: I notice the addon removing some entries on KODI (it shows the progress bar with the .db numbers) but most of the stuff I replace gets duplicated.

PS2: Using native mode

Please upgrade to 6.1.4. I fixed some bug related to that matter.