embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
8 hours ago, ntilagoa said:

Really???

You should have ask permission before trying to connect to the server, don’t you think? 
I do not trust you anymore, and will not post again on this forum.

Bye 

I think you got this totally wrong. I DID NOT connect to your sever at all, I just entered the IP. This is like ping. If you afraid of a ping, pull the internet cable immediately.

I got hundreds of invalid logins on my mailserver each day.

btw, why do you think I asked you for a test account to you server, if I would already have the option? Anyway I stop explaining myself, have a nice day.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

BaukeZwart
7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

@all

I've uploaded 6.1.5 to Emby Kodi beta repo.

6.15 beta is running flawless here. 

• Like 1

quickmic
8 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

6.15 beta is running flawless here. 

Well, there are still some issues I'm working on. Nothing serious, but should be fixed.

• Thanks 1

nuentes

I've installed 6.15. Only complaint is that after watching an episode, the Last Played date for the series is wiped out. So instead of the Last Played date being set to today, it's set to null. This was an issue in earlier versions of 6.x as well. It's quite annoying for the way I primarily sort my series, actually.

Otherwise, looking good.

quickmic
11 hours ago, nuentes said:

I've installed 6.15. Only complaint is that after watching an episode, the Last Played date for the series is wiped out. So instead of the Last Played date being set to today, it's set to null. This was an issue in earlier versions of 6.x as well. It's quite annoying for the way I primarily sort my series, actually.

Otherwise, looking good.

Thanks, will check that. Should be an easy fix.

Edit:

I checked that, actually it is updated but not using the same time format as Kodi did. Probably this is an issue.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New experimental version available: 6.1.6-build 44 (ex4)

Changelog:
- improve threading
- fix German translation
- fix progress updates
- fix mark as watched/unwatched

The reason why experimental, progress updates and are quite modified. I hope it fixed all the progress update issues, but not very well tested yet.

Also removed several unnecessary threading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

knewknow
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

New experimental version available: 6.1.6-build 44 (ex4)

Changelog:
- improve threading
- fix German translation
- fix progress updates
- fix mark as watched/unwatched

The reason why experimental, progress updates and are quite modified. I hope it fixed all the progress update issues, but not very well tested yet.

Also removed several unnecessary threading.

Thanks @quickmic

I tested the watch status on my upstairs box. I change 3 movies to unwatched in Kodi and 3 movies I “reset resume position”.

I then checked them on the box downstairs and after sync, the ones that were marked unwatched were synced correctly but the others were still in the same resume position as previously.

• Like 1

quickmic
11 hours ago, knewknow said:

Thanks @quickmic

I tested the watch status on my upstairs box. I change 3 movies to unwatched in Kodi and 3 movies I “reset resume position”.

I then checked them on the box downstairs and after sync, the ones that were marked unwatched were synced correctly but the others were still in the same resume position as previously.

Well, "reset resume position" isn't supported yet but will be in next version. 

knewknow
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Well, "reset resume position" isn't supported yet but will be in next version. 

Ah ok. I thought that “reset resume position” translated to setting something to unwatched. Thanks again @quickmic. 6.x is turning out really great.

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available:

EXPERIMENTAL VERSION 6.1.6-build 56 (ex4):

delta changelog:

- add reset resume position support

• Thanks 1

wanderjarra

I'll get the log, but I noticed that when I install version 6.1.5 of the Beta repo, my Coreelec restarts right away. If you do manual installation it works normal.

@quickmic

quickmic
2 hours ago, wanderjarra said:

I'll get the log, but I noticed that when I install version 6.1.5 of the Beta repo, my Coreelec restarts right away. If you do manual installation it works normal.

@quickmic

Strange, I'll check it with my Kodis. Currently I have no libreelec tested.

@all

There is a issue with Xbian. Will be fixed in next version.

On .15 now and I still find the plugin is not picking up every changes I make on the server if I change too much movies, for example. Sometimes it fixes if I exit and reopen KODI, since the plugin eventually picks them off. But sometimes it simply ignores some of the new movies deleted+re-added (on the server) and picks up only new stuff I added after that.

Wierd.

Sometimes it's not even picking up all the changes I make on a movie genre, for example I create "Genre: B" and add 20 movies to it in the server. Emby for KODI then proceeds and creates that genre on the client but only adds 5 of the movies not all the 20.

Also with collections I think it's having issues, I also removed all 3 movies of Lord Of The Rings on the server, replacing with better encodes, and on KODI the addon is not importing the collection from the server.

EDIT: Making a database reset fixes all the above, so I think there might be issues with the Incremental Sync of the plugin?

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
12 hours ago, djhifi said:

Also with collections I think it's having issues, I also removed all 3 movies of Lord Of The Rings on the server, replacing with better encodes, and on KODI the addon is not importing the collection from the server.

If you remove something from Boxsets, a manual boxset refresh must be triggered. Currently there is no other way. Adding content should be covered with regular sync on Kodi start.

quickmic

Sometimes it's not even picking up all the changes I make on a movie genre, for example I create "Genre: B" and add 20 movies to it in the server. Emby for KODI then proceeds and creates that genre on the client but only adds 5 of the movies not all the 20.

I'll check that. How did you add the Genre? Usually I use the Emby server metadata manager, but there I cannot "add" movies to a Genre.

I can add a Genre to a movie but seems you are doing something different.

• Like 1

Using 6.1.5 I have a problem with episodes that are only partially deleted.

Scenario is more of a corner case I guess: An episode is added to Emby and later upgraded to a higher quality version, meaning the same episode is added, deleted and re-added. Possibly all before Emby for Kodi knows of the first version because the client was offline the whole time.

On Emby server everything is fine, but in Kodi this results in a duplicate of the episode that has no fanart and is a dead link.

This problem is rather new. Not sure if it only appeared with 6.1.5 or a little sooner. It hasn't been long, though.

quickmic
10 hours ago, tube82 said:

Using 6.1.5 I have a problem with episodes that are only partially deleted.

Scenario is more of a corner case I guess: An episode is added to Emby and later upgraded to a higher quality version, meaning the same episode is added, deleted and re-added. Possibly all before Emby for Kodi knows of the first version because the client was offline the whole time.

On Emby server everything is fine, but in Kodi this results in a duplicate of the episode that has no fanart and is a dead link.

This problem is rather new. Not sure if it only appeared with 6.1.5 or a little sooner. It hasn't been long, though.

Currently I cannot reproduce the issue but in theory it's a removal before added issue.

The sync queues are staggered which means: Delete Items -> Update Items -> Progress update items

If Emby server reports: 2 new/updated items and 1 removed (the one removed is one of the new items), situation as follows:

1.task remove -> item not found

2.update/add item -> 2 new items (one invalid, cause was removed from Emby server, but not found by plugin in removal task)

As mentioned, this is theory, cause my Emby server doesn't report 2 new items. It reports one even if: 1. item added -> sync Emby server, 2. rename item -> sync server 3. Start Kodi

btw, I don't think is is a new problem. If my assumption is correct, this was always the case.

I try to design a test case, but yours in not reproducible.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Probably you have folders removed -> different case.

When it comes to edge cases, I need really exact instructions what you have done. Probably post the folder structure before and after.

3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Probably you have folders removed -> different case.

When it comes to edge cases, I need really exact instructions what you have done. Probably post the folder structure before and after.

I don't think it has to do with folders. The two most recent occurences were with single episodes in an existing folder.

This is what it looks like in Kodi:

image.png.e32189acda100392f759b9e7403768e7.png

Season 9 folder has existed since September:

image.png.63a77684b96b9df2b6cb79f91de43c7d.png

Episode 6 was added and replaced on Emby server in the same night, so Kodi was probably not running at that time.

Emby log shows:

2021-10-28 03:09:45.684 Info LibraryMonitor: Season 9 (/video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9) will be refreshed.
2021-10-28 03:09:45.781 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /bin/ffprobe -i file:"/video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9/The Goldbergs (2013) - S09E06 - The Hunt for the Great Albino Pumpkin [HDTV-720p][AC3 5.1][x264].mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2021-10-28 03:09:45.892 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0

2021-10-28 06:46:51.893 Info LibraryMonitor: Season 9 (/video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9) will be refreshed.
2021-10-28 06:46:51.968 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Episode, Name: The Hunt for the Great Albino Pumpkin, Path: /video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9/The Goldbergs (2013) - S09E06 - The Hunt for the Great Albino Pumpkin [HDTV-720p][AC3 5.1][x264].mkv, Id: 189257
2021-10-28 06:46:51.968 Info App: Deleting path /config/metadata/library/07/073d540874680116afa5e4a48c65a380
2021-10-28 06:46:52.117 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /bin/ffprobe -i file:"/video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9/The Goldbergs (2013) - S09E06 - The Hunt for the Great Albino Pumpkin [WEBDL-720p][EAC3 5.1][h264].mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2021-10-28 06:46:52.241 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0

I am certain this is a new problem because this procedure happens all the time on my server and I never had a problem like this before.

Edited by tube82

quickmic
4 hours ago, tube82 said:

I don't think it has to do with folders. The two most recent occurences were with single episodes in an existing folder.

This is what it looks like in Kodi:

image.png.e32189acda100392f759b9e7403768e7.png

Season 9 folder has existed since September:

image.png.63a77684b96b9df2b6cb79f91de43c7d.png

Episode 6 was added and replaced on Emby server in the same night, so Kodi was probably not running at that time.

Emby log shows:

2021-10-28 03:09:45.684 Info LibraryMonitor: Season 9 (/video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9) will be refreshed.
2021-10-28 03:09:45.781 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /bin/ffprobe -i file:"/video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9/The Goldbergs (2013) - S09E06 - The Hunt for the Great Albino Pumpkin [HDTV-720p][AC3 5.1][x264].mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2021-10-28 03:09:45.892 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0

2021-10-28 06:46:51.893 Info LibraryMonitor: Season 9 (/video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9) will be refreshed.
2021-10-28 06:46:51.968 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Episode, Name: The Hunt for the Great Albino Pumpkin, Path: /video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9/The Goldbergs (2013) - S09E06 - The Hunt for the Great Albino Pumpkin [HDTV-720p][AC3 5.1][x264].mkv, Id: 189257
2021-10-28 06:46:51.968 Info App: Deleting path /config/metadata/library/07/073d540874680116afa5e4a48c65a380
2021-10-28 06:46:52.117 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /bin/ffprobe -i file:"/video/TV Shows/The Goldbergs (2013)/Season 9/The Goldbergs (2013) - S09E06 - The Hunt for the Great Albino Pumpkin [WEBDL-720p][EAC3 5.1][h264].mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2021-10-28 06:46:52.241 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0

I am certain this is a new problem because this procedure happens all the time on my server and I never had a problem like this before.

I've send you a test version. You must repair sync all TVShows or reset your complete db.

It should fix an edge case with inconsistent season information which could result in double episodes.

Not sure if this is fixes your problem, but it was the only issue I found.

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available: 6.1.6-build 74 (ex5)

delta changelog:

- fix Xbian filecopy permission issue
- unify playsession Id
- player callbacks threaded
- fix nodes
- fix settings load
- add option to modify last synced date
- fix series removal/inconsistencies

Comment:

Due to changes in the db records, it's recommended to resync TVShows or rebuild the complete DB.

last synced date: Don't set this value if there is no good reason. It's actually a debug option, and DON'T set it to long in the past. This could result in VERY long syncs! Couple days is usually more than enough, once again. Don't touch it, if there is no reason and you know what you are doing!

@tube82

This version has a bit different (more elegant) approach fixing the episode issue as the one I send you via PM. If you still have problems, please try this version.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Comment:

Due to changes in the db records, it's recommended to resync TVShows or rebuild the complete DB.

Well, this is a nightmare for large libraries.

Anyway , thank you for your great work.

quickmic
12 minutes ago, Onana said:

Well, this is a nightmare for large libraries.

Anyway , thank you for your great work.

Well, it's not mandatory but if you have issues with not removed episodes, it must be done.

btw how long does a complete DB resync take? Some users reports long syncs, I cannot confirm that. With LAN (not wlan) and a more or less powerfull emby server it's quite fast.

I sync in 40 minutes on a PC; on a RPI4 1,5h and trust me. I have a huge collection.

Also I recommend full db resync, cause usually it's faster than a specific repair sync but depends on use case.

Edited by quickmic