VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

WilhelmStroker
39 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

If you set the option "... watched after percent" to zero, no playback state is stored in Emby. Does it not work for you?

Oh I haven't tried that yet, that sounds like it'll do the trick. Will test and report back. Thanks!

hstamas
20 minutes ago, WilhelmStroker said:

Oh I haven't tried that yet, that sounds like it'll do the trick. Will test and report back. Thanks!

Its still going to scrobble to Trakt during playback at least in Playlist mode. I don't think there is any way around that?

pünktchen

I don't know, because i don't know what Trakt scrobbling is doing. Does it already send data to Trakt after playback start or only after stop?

hstamas
21 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I don't know, because i don't know what Trakt scrobbling is doing. Does it already send data to Trakt after playback start or only after stop?

Trakt start scrobbling at playback start @pünktchen. I believe in regular mode since the TV playback engine doesn't report to Emby that a specific file is playing Trakt wont detect playback. In Playlist mode it does since Emby is aware of specific file playback.

Edited by hstamas

pünktchen
46 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Trakt start scrobbling at playback start ...

Oh yes, then there's nothing i can do in Playlist Mode.

hstamas
6 hours ago, pünktchen said:

If you set the option "... watched after percent" to zero, no playback state is stored in Emby. Does it not work for you?

My use case is exactly the same as @WilhelmStroker . I use the live tv feature more for background noise a lot of the time so I want only already watched content playing. Problem has been that my "continue watching" gets all filled up with this especially if I do a lot of channel surfing switching back and forth between my channels.

I tried setting the option in one of my channels to 0 in "Set tv show episodes watched after percent" but when ever I save and then go back in to check its back to the default of 80%. 

Do I need to be running the beta version of the server for this to work? Im on a Mac and @Luke hasnt released a current version for Macs in a couple months as far as I can tell.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, hstamas said:

Problem has been that my "continue watching" gets all filled up with this especially if I do a lot of channel surfing switching back and forth between my channels.

There's a setting under Playback Options to reset the playback progress with Playlist Mode. This should remove partially watched items from Continue Watching.

I tried setting the option in one of my channels to 0 in "Set tv show episodes watched after percent" but when ever I save and then go back in to check its back to the default of 80%.

Oh, that's a bug then.

Do I need to be running the beta version of the server for this to work?

With the beta server you can also remove Next Up shows.

hstamas

Man, it’s such a shame we can’t get @ebrto even consider adding the ability to pull up the guide during video playback. It’s really all that’s keeping me from coming back from Kodi and the PseudoTV plug-in (which is coming along really nicely itself).and using the native Emby app full time :(

• Like 2

Spaceboy
6 hours ago, hstamas said:

Man, it’s such a shame we can’t get @ebrto even consider adding the ability to pull up the guide during video playback. It’s really all that’s keeping me from coming back from Kodi and the PseudoTV plug-in (which is coming along really nicely itself).and using the native Emby app full time :(

@ebr will you please respond to this

Pseibold

This looks awesome.  Question on installation.  that I'm not seeing here (might edit your first post to add this info)

When setting up a channel,  under channel rules, there is a field to input "tags"  What are these tags, and where are they defined?

Also, for me, and maybe I set up EMBY wrong...  but I have a library called "TV shows"  and it has lots of TV shows.  when configuring the channel, I can select TV shows (because its a library) but I cannot select any tv show under it.  Like Chopped (which would be X:\tv shows\chopped\)  

Is there any way to specify TV shows by name.   Say "Star Trek|Star Wars|xxxx etc"  ?  or am I just missing it?

hstamas
37 minutes ago, Pseibold said:

This looks awesome.  Question on installation.  that I'm not seeing here (might edit your first post to add this info)

When setting up a channel,  under channel rules, there is a field to input "tags"  What are these tags, and where are they defined?

There is an area to add tags when you edit the metadata. It's near the bottom of the list. For me I use tags to define my "channels" I choose certain TV shows and add a tag for the channel I want it to show in. CH1, CH2 etc.

Works well.

crusher11

Is there a way to disable the "Episodes of the same TV show" minimum/maximum? Most of my channels only consist of one TV show to begin with.

Not sure what the "mixed content interleaving" does, either? Does it mean we'll always get exactly X episodes followed by exactly Y movies? Is there no way to have that be completely random?

pünktchen
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Is there a way to disable the "Episodes of the same TV show" minimum/maximum? Most of my channels only consist of one TV show to begin with.

With only one show it shouldn't matter or what do you get as result?

1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Not sure what the "mixed content interleaving" does, either? Does it mean we'll always get exactly X episodes followed by exactly Y movies? Is there no way to have that be completely random?

Correctly identified! Currently there's no random only, but i've noted it for the next version.

Pseibold

What does this mean?  I get this on several stations but not in all.  I can confirm the movie or show plays fine when selected manually 

11DB104C-A4E8-4130-900E-790F3F00F244.jpeg

pünktchen

Roku? Sorry, but ask in the app forum. The plugin itself doesn't send or receives any http requests. The server sends the remote control commands that are working with every other app.

crusher11
8 hours ago, pünktchen said:

With only one show it shouldn't matter or what do you get as result?

Correctly identified! Currently there's no random only, but i've noted it for the next version.

I set it to 1000, figured that'd be big enough to function. Not sure what happens if it's lower.

It might be better to have "max consecutive episodes" and "max consecutive movies"? Set it to 0 to have it completely random, otherwise you can cap it at a certain number without making it an exact pattern? Not sure, I'd only ever use the "truly random" option.

crusher11

I have this in my Comedy channel's "exclude shows by name":

Psych|*Bullshit*|White Collar|Upright|NCIS

But I'm still getting episodes of "Penn & Teller: Bullshit!" on the channel.

pünktchen
8 hours ago, crusher11 said:

But I'm still getting episodes of "Penn & Teller: Bullshit!" on the channel.

It's a bug with multiple asterisks.

Pseibold

Kudos!!!!!  I must say, this is everything I could have asked for and more!  Every time I wanted or thought of something else, just playing with (or reading and guessing what a setting meant) solved my problem.

One question, do you have any documentation on how to export this?  I see that it is possible to export the M3U and Guide, but not quite getting it to work.  I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly, but not sure what  (I have a few family members that still use plex (sadly) and haven't upgraded to the much better EMBY!  so I'd like to export the stations to plex if possible.