VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

On 9/12/2020 at 3:15 AM, Inx192 said:

Once again, this plugin just gets better.

I am still tweaking my channels but a couple of things I have noticed that are a problem to me.

1. Most TV channels created are listing two random episodes from the same show one after the other in the EPG before it changes show.

2. It seems like everyday a couple of the shows play the same episode. There is no reason for this as I have a large enough collection of each genre to not repeats on a daily basis or even weekly.

Each channel is only setup by genre and all set to continuous playback (live).

Capture.PNG

Was there an update recently that I missed? 

I haven't checked in months. 

pünktchen
10 hours ago, pmac said:

... yet the episode order seems completely random.

Is this expected behavior? or should my episodes be playing in order (while also being interleaved with movies and other shows)?

All of my channels are set to Continuous Playback (Live), Mixed Content, Random (Interleaved)

There's "Random Series (Ordered Episodes)", but it will only show up with contenty type "TVShows". It's currently missing for mixed content. That's just an oversight.

pünktchen
2 hours ago, Sammy said:

Was there an update recently that I missed? 

I haven't checked in months. 

Just compare your installed version with the release notes from the start post.

19 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

There's "Random Series (Ordered Episodes)", but it will only show up with contenty type "TVShows". It's currently missing for mixed content. That's just an oversight.

Ah okay, sounds like it'll be added eventually then, thanks!

I just found this plugin the other day, but have been asking for this feature to be added to Emby since it was still called Video Browser, lol. Thanks for all your hard work, it's coming along great!

hstamas
On 9/13/2020 at 12:46 AM, pmac said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to just play that show from your normal library view?

I like to use the plugin for more background noise more that intently watching content. I tune into a channel and let it run. If I focus on an episode that I dont want to watch but know the episode "airing" further down the timeline interests me I like that I could skip ahead and start playback from that point.

Still keeps the hands off randomness appeal of the plugin intact but doesnt force me to have to sit through episodes I dont want to watch.

21 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Just compare your installed version with the release notes from the start post.

Downloaded 0.8.6 but got 0.8.1. Has the version number not been updated in the latest download?

pünktchen
4 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Downloaded 0.8.6 but got 0.8.1. Has the version number not been updated in the latest download?

Where do you see this version number, at the dll or in Emby?

1 minute ago, pünktchen said:

Where do you see this version number, at the dll or in Emby?

In the my Plugin Library I see this

image.png.51b4e2e72bd8bb8eab52f1a18be18d02.png

But I downloaded the one labeled 0.8.6 from the first post in this thread

image.png.5525677f870b6285815029d92a3e7263.png

PuffyToesToo

It seems sometimes when playing a channel, it fails to end the stream once I turn my TV off. Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, so thought I'd ask or otherwise let you know.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, PuffyToesToo said:

It seems sometimes when playing a channel, it fails to end the stream once I turn my TV off. Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, so thought I'd ask or otherwise let you know.

That's not a plugin problem, it's the normal behaviour with Emby's live tv. The player needs to send a stop request to the server or it streams forever.

PuffyToesToo
23 hours ago, pünktchen said:

That's not a plugin problem, it's the normal behaviour with Emby's live tv. The player needs to send a stop request to the server or it streams forever.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll mention it in the correct thread. 

pünktchen
11 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

Thanks for letting me know, I'll mention it in the correct thread. 

In one of those many "Transcoding files fill harddrive" or "Emby doesn't release tuner" threads. 🤫

• Thanks 1

Any chance the folder selection is not only pulling from the checkboxed folders? I am attempting to select all 70's movies from 2 folders (Movies, Movies.New). I am using the dates to pull in all the applicable movies. Looks great, but then looking at the guide it appears to include some of my "Adult" Movies that are in a folder that was not chosen on the folder selection (Adult.Movies). Totally able to work around it, I am just giving the adult movies the XXX tag and attempting to not include in the scan (!XXX in the Tags). Just wanted to pass along if it is a legit issue. Thanks again Punk, shit is the bomb man.

Capture.JPG

pünktchen

It's because of the naming of your folders. In the background i request all videos where the path starts with ...

mnt/Movies.Adult/Movies.Erotik starts with the path mnt/Movies

Edited by pünktchen

This plugin is great!

I am having an issue with an episode ending and not starting the next episode. Either it will hang or spin busy or drop to the guide. I can select the next episode and it will then play. This happens on Android TV and my browsers. I am sure it's something I have setup wrong or am missing. I've only installed the latest version of the plugin. last night I cleared cache removed virtualtv.dll and deleted xml file it created but after fresh install same issue.

ffmpeg-VirtualTV23_20200922160723.txt embyserver.txt embyserver-63736387563.txt hardware_detection-63736387592.txt

Edited by krazzey

pünktchen
1 hour ago, krazzey said:

This plugin is great!

I am having an issue with an episode ending and not starting the next episode. Either it will hang or spin busy or drop to the guide. I can select the next episode and it will then play. This happens on Android TV and my browsers. I am sure it's something I have setup wrong or am missing. I've only installed the latest version of the plugin. last night I cleared cache removed virtualtv.dll and deleted xml file it created but after fresh install same issue.

From the logs it looks like you've set "Single Playback" as the channel playback method. Then that's the normal behaviour. Okay it should not hang but just stop after playing exactly one video, but that's out of my control. You probably want to use "Continous Playback" for a channel with tv shows.

1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

From the logs it looks like you've set "Single Playback" as the channel playback method. Then that's the normal behaviour. Okay it should not hang but just stop after playing exactly one video, but that's out of my control. You probably want to use "Continous Playback" for a channel with tv shows.

Thank you! That was my issue it's working great now!

MischievousMet

You've been doing some amazing work already, but I have another feature request. Would it be possible to "suspend creation of new program data" on a channel by channel basis?

pünktchen
1 hour ago, MischievousMet said:

You've been doing some amazing work already, but I have another feature request. Would it be possible to "suspend creation of new program data" on a channel by channel basis?

Not in the next time. In general, everything new that would be channel specific is on hold because of the static hardcoded channel amount. Making changes to the html config page is always a horror for me.

MischievousMet
On 9/23/2020 at 1:43 AM, pünktchen said:

Not in the next time. In general, everything new that would be channel specific is on hold because of the static hardcoded channel amount. Making changes to the html config page is always a horror for me.

Is your hardware the reason it's a horror or what exactly?