Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

CBers

Just added a new library of Video Podcasts with a type of TV to MB3, but although they show up and play in the web and Android clients, I get the following message when accessing Media Folders in this app:

SORRY

HUH.. Looks like i have no content to show you in this view I'm afraid

If I pause one of the videos in one of the other clients, it shows in this app as a resumable item and then plays OK.

What type do I need to set this library to, to get playback to work please?

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

If you add content as TV the program will expect there to be seasons and stuff - just add it as some other type (not tv, movies, best may be home video)  (and if podcasts isn't a type possibly ask Luke to add it - I would expect lots of people to collect podcasts...)

• Like 1

it's not really necessary. they're just videos like anything else. home videos will work fine.

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Fair enough - I just see it as a preventative measure to stop end users making the same mistake as CBers... Could be handled exactly the same way server side, although I do profess my ignorance at the server code, not looked in a long time!

CBers

Thanks guys. Will give Home Videos a try.

Edited by CBers

My Home Videos collection are playable, but the client doesn't show their Metadata, any plans to fetch Metadata of video and photo contents?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

Is it worth it - For me the only metadata i see from images is a 1 liner saying the camera name and settings... Home video i don't know what metadata is assigned to that!!

Personally my issue is i don't want to select a single item to be taken to its details page when there is virtually nothing to display (Like the web client on photos) I find it an unnecessary menu... I may implement a menu in the imageplayer to show metadata like this.

53c4286c430f6_Capture.png

The menu idea sounds pretty, it works for me, can you include persons in Metadata? I love to tag people in my photo collection, the most I like about MB3 is that you can assign Metadata to all contents, including home videos, I use that to tag people in my videos and photos, as far as I tested, I'm able to find people photos and videos in simple Cast list ; but unfortunately, that's available in movies only, when I select a person in cast list, your client will list down all relevant videos and photo albums, wherever the person has been tagged in a content Metadata as person. Now in the list, I'm unable to play the photos but videos are playable by simply pressing play button

Edited by DaN

SamES

Hi @@SamES @@CBers

I had recently looked into this but have made a second adjustment. v0.470b released:

• Changes to backdrops for tv show and tv episode pages to try find images to show when there are none

Excellent, thanks.  Works well.

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

My Home Videos collection are playable, but the client doesn't show their Metadata, any plans to fetch Metadata of video and photo contents?

Is it worth it - For me the only metadata i see from images is a 1 liner saying the camera name and settings... Home video i don't know what metadata is assigned to that!!  

Personally my issue is i don't want to select a single item to be taken to its details page when there is virtually nothing to display (Like the web client on photos) I find it an unnecessary menu... I may implement a menu in the imageplayer to show metadata like this.

53c4286c430f6_Capture.png

c0m3r

Any progress on implementing a quality setting chess?

Not sure if you missed my post chess? Thanks

ABNParatrooper

Hey guys how are you uninstalling the app? I need to remove it so I can install the latest version. When I highlight it, press tools or info I get nothing.

Hey guys how are you uninstalling the app? I need to remove it so I can install the latest version. When I highlight it, press tools or info I get nothing.

Go to options, and delete it

u4a2usa8.jpgIt works as expected

he5utyra.jpg

Thanks, will continue testing other media types if they can get benefit of this.

Edited by DaN

My initial testing :

I navigated to one of my home videos, and the layout now shows the cast

ujurunyj.jpg

When I moved to a person, the relevant contents (Photos & Videos) are shown, but selecting any does nothing

3ahezapu.jpg

chessdragon136

Ok just pushed out v0.475a which should fix the issue. The original code used its own algorithm on how to decide what to do dependant on type, and I have now deleted all that and used the same algorithm as navigation, so it should work...

Let me know.

Thanks @@chessdragon136 for quick action; it navigates as expected now, when selecting a video it takes me to a similar page, when selecting an album, it shows all relevant photos; perfect, as expected

Edited by DaN
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

v0.475 released:

• Fixes to photo player so it doesn't try to show non photo content that is in the same folder as photos!
  • The info button during the photo player will show some photo information
  • Photos now have support to be shown from cast pages. This means for people who have videos tagged with friends they can find photos where they are tagged and initiate a slodeshow directly from there.
  • Video content that is not movies or tv now doesn't directly play when selecting them, but instead takes you to an item page where you can select play or chapters (or cast or suggestions if there are any to show)
  • Like 2

CBers

@@abnranger67 - you can install over the top.

Ok, after some time spent with testing, the video contents has a uniform layout, the feature of person selection and finding all relevant contents is an awesome search alternative, now @@chessdragon136 what's in your mind for upcoming update?

Edited by DaN

Will there be any possibility for support of dvd folder rips?

I think that will work once the client is able to play a transposed stream, right now it's direct play, correct @@chessdragon136?

DaN

using Tapatalk