Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

So it did look like my screenshot before? (Sorry I shouldn't have asked the question in the negative, gets confusing!)

CBers

I've never had TV episode images show.

It's been mentioned in this thread before.

Synopsis is displayed OK.

Edited by CBers

Yep, mine used to look like your screenshot, but now that's what I'm having, also the play control changed

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

CBers

Yep, mine used to look like your screenshot, but now that's what I'm having, also the play control changed

What do you mean by "play control changed" ?

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Ok a guess on this - the app has hit a problem loading that page probably due to null data returned from the server, and as such the "controls" have remained set to that of the previous menu, where the play button starts playback of the item selected. Why there is no data returned I don't know - what server version are you on - if dev can you fall back / test on beta? As for handling null data i need to look into it but oddly enough i don't know how to set my system up to replicate the issue for testing.

chessdragon136

Ok just pushed out v0.465a

Minor implementations in preparation of image viewer - images currently disabled again as viewing an image in its current state will cause you to get stuck in the program!

Fix notifications to add break lines so all of the message is shown (see some screens from a few pages ago!)

Alteration to Test Mode debug for @@DaN issue

@@DaN -> Please update to this, navigate to the menu and press the red button 3 times - should see a notification pop up stating test mode is true. Then navigate to an episode and you should see a URL - type that in a browser and save the results out to me please :D

@@DaN - I can't replicate this - is it all tv? Is it only when experimental is true? How is your tv set up in the server library? these updates are such minor updates that I don't see how they break, and given Cbers issue which turned out to be Server side im wondering if its the same again.

Can you provide server logs?

TV episodes are not playable in either mode, I Uninstalled the client and reinstalled it, before enabling the experimental mode, I tried to play TV content, and they didn't play ; my TV contents are setup as TV Shows and they were playing in older versions, I'll share screen shots and server log as well, shortly

• Like 1

CBers

For what it's worth, I am running v0.465 and TV, movies and music all playing OK here with experimental mode on.

ginjaninja

Music queueing is great. Best of any client so far, well done chessdragon and thank you.

Feature Suggestion:

1. In album artist view, have two rows of albums. Row 1 = albums of the album artist ordered by release date. Row 2 = albums where the artist is present but not album artist, ordered by name.

2. When entering an album on row 2 bold/highlight tracks belonging to artist or show artist name against track. Or only show tracks on album matching artist with button to show all tracks.

ginjaninja

Current client version shows no content under artists with names

artist, the.

chessdragon136

@@DaN - Thanks for the info, have been able to find the fault, replicate it and fix it - code introduced to show the premieredate caused the crash as it seems if the value is null it is not returned from the server and my program didn't account for that

version v0.465b released to fix episode page crash

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2

chessdragon136

Ok @@CharlesC -> I see that you have music organised without Artists (So music folder / Albums)

Please update to v0.465c just released which should see if you have any music albums and will enable music for you (but disables the album artist view)

Let me know

chessdragon136

v0.470 Released

Initial image playback now included -> Requires Experimental mode in the user settings. 

Basically just displays the image on the tv - defaults to slideshow. Pause button will pause on current image, left right will control and stop or return will get you back to the menu. Play plays from stop, continues slideshow. 

Let me know 

• Like 2

Well done chess, that's one of the feature I was waiting for; now here\s my initial notes:

• Photos are not sorted; simple alphabetical sorting is recommended at this stage
  • Images are displayed to the left; though they're scales to fit the screen; but it could be better if they're centered
  • The viewer background should be part of the settings; or make it black, it's preferred ;)
  • Controls works just fine; I like it when it starts in slideshow mode, but later that could be part of the settings.
  • I use either folder.jpg or backdrop.jpg as album cover; so when the album I browse has backdrop.jpg, it displays on all images as a thumbnail, I now thumbnails are not there yet, but when folder.jpg is used, slideshow displays only folder.jpg image and it gets repeated.  

Regards,

DaN

chessdragon136

Well done chess, that's one of the feature I was waiting for; now here\s my initial notes:

• Photos are not sorted; simple alphabetical sorting is recommended at this stage
  • Images are displayed to the left; though they're scales to fit the screen; but it could be better if they're centered
  • The viewer background should be part of the settings; or make it black, it's preferred ;)
  • Controls works just fine; I like it when it starts in slideshow mode, but later that could be part of the settings.
  • I use either folder.jpg or backdrop.jpg as album cover; so when the album I browse has backdrop.jpg, it displays on all images as a thumbnail, I now thumbnails are not there yet, but when folder.jpg is used, slideshow displays only folder.jpg image and it gets repeated.  

Regards,

DaN

Ok new version out - v0.470a

• Items are now sorted alphabetically
  • Background is black
  • Images are centered

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final points - Settings are not easy to incorporate and to be fair the pause button stops the slideshow and the left right (or ff/rw keys) skip to the next image without restarting the slideshow - only the play button starts the slideshow. I thought that was the best way to do it - the only setting probably required is the transition time...

And final point - Urm... I didn't design the photo player to play metadata images so that has not crossed my mind in the slightest - I have a photo library and all my images are marked as primary, so it only shows primary images (so not thumbs or other types) Can you detail your exact usage please (how you navigated to show the photos, the library setup...) Its a thought I've not had so let me know and i'll ponder how to do it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for quick action; slideshow controls are perfect, I mentioned "I liked it" it would be even better with transition time controls. for the backdrop and folder images handling; as mentioned, I use them as album cover in various MB clients; you can test that by adding backdrop.jpg and folder.jpg in two different folders; my photo content is setup as Photos type; you may test that and you should see what I mean; I have a question, are you able to read the metadata of a photo content from the server?

Regards,

DaN

chessdragon136

Ok @@DaN I think I'm missing something:

I have the following test setup:

Photo Library Test2

Inside which are 2 folders containing:

New Folder -> backdrop.jpg

New Folder (2) -> folder.jpg

Using my app if i try to navigate within either folder my app says there are no items to show so I can never get it to show in the slideshow.

To me, this is correct behaviour as files which have those special names are treated as metadata items to the above folder (hence you see the backdrop image as the image of the above folder( in my case New Folder) and not as individual photos to display -> This is the same behaviour as the web interface.

53c1a031e23c1_Untitled.png

53c1a03e83d0d_Untitled2.png

53c1a0ee331de_Untitled3.png

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1

I didn't mean to have photo folders with backdrop or folder.jpg only on any, I meant photo content folder, so some images inside, besides you place folder.jpg or backdrop. Please try it that way.

Edited by DaN

CharlesC

Ok @@CharlesC -> I see that you have music organised without Artists (So music folder / Albums)

Please update to v0.465c just released which should see if you have any music albums and will enable music for you (but disables the album artist view)

Let me know

Thank you so much, just updated to .470a and it looks like it is working have to wait for a full test as the little ones are using the app to watch movies, will report back later today.

Charles

EDIT :

I have now had a chance to use it more, and it appears to work near perfectly, some minor formatting issues when the artist name is very long (the text is squashed up), but other than that nothing but music !

Charles

Edited by CharlesC

SamES

I've never had TV episode images show.

It's been mentioned in this thread before.

Synopsis is displayed OK.

Same here, I've never seen TV episode backdrop images appear either.  Looks like they should be though.

For the record, in MB3 server:

• My episodes have only Primary defined.  
  • Season Folder has Primary, Banner and Thumb defined
  • Series has Primary, Banner, Art, Logo, Thumb and 3 Backdrops defined.

Not sure why the season and episode doesn't pick up a backdrop.  I only see the small primary image on the episode screen (with no backdrop), and the small selected Season Primary image on the Series screen (again without a backdrop).

Let me know if you want a debug/info file

CBers

I reported back at the end of April that TV backdrops didn't show.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5979-samsung-smart-tv-app-public-alpha-test/?p=93843

Its because their is no backdrop in the season folder itself and thats where it looks like it looks for the background, hst put a copy or link of ur tv series backdrops into the season folders n u shud be gud to go :-)

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Same here, I've never seen TV episode backdrop images appear either.  Looks like they should be though.

For the record, in MB3 server:

• My episodes have only Primary defined.  
  • Season Folder has Primary, Banner and Thumb defined
  • Series has Primary, Banner, Art, Logo, Thumb and 3 Backdrops defined.

Not sure why the season and episode doesn't pick up a backdrop.  I only see the small primary image on the episode screen (with no backdrop), and the small selected Season Primary image on the Series screen (again without a backdrop).

Let me know if you want a debug/info file

Hi @@SamES @@CBers

I had recently looked into this but have made a second adjustment. v0.470b released:

• Changes to backdrops for tv show and tv episode pages to try find images to show when there are none
  • Like 2

CBers

<p>

Hi @@SamES @@CBers

I had recently looked into this but have made a second adjustment. v0.470b released:

• Changes to backdrops for tv show and tv episode pages to try find images to show when there are none

Nice, thanks Chess.