Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

CBers

Loving the 8x2 poster display (only just updated to v0.480).

Great work @@chessdragon136.

Anyway of collapsing movies into collections/BoxSets please?

Would still like to see playable trailers in movie views if possible please.

Edited by CBers

CBers

Any chance of having random backgrounds, similar to the web client, instead of the grey background we have now please?

• Like 1

CBers

For every movie in the 8x2 display, the name of the movie/TV show seems to be indented by a whitespace character.

Edited by CBers

Jasin

Any chance of having random backgrounds, similar to the web client, instead of the grey background we have now please?

How would that look? There isn't much space between everything and the text would be harder to read.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How would that look? There isn't much space between everything and the text would be harder to read.

You're right, I think that requires higher resolution, when the above suggested layout will show smaller on high resolution

Edit: also darker transparent area for the Metadata will be comfortable for reading

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by DaN

CBers

The same as it does now in the web client.

I'm meaning backgrounds for the whole screen with movies/TV shows/media folders etc. in the foreground.

Edited by CBers

CBers

Problem with music display (Music->Suggested):

IMG_20140720_204052.jpg

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Right background image can be possible - in fact I've just done it:

Only thing is I've had to make a mess of code so it turns off on the Episode, Movie & Show pages where a large backdrop is shown for most of the page as it looks weird!

As for broken music I can't sort that now. It takes too long and i'm going to sleep.

Collections will be re-worked. Not sure how to do that yet. Probably more user options in the settings, which needs a re-work as i now have more than 1 page of settings and thats going to be a real pain! 

Trailer support - I'll have a look.- will just appear as another menu in the left lift on the movies page once i work it out. Shouldn't be difficult. Just need more hours in the day

53cc236d07d49_Capture.png

• Like 3

CBers

Thanks @@chessdragon136.

Updates recently have been awesome.

The background on your image above was what I was getting at - thanks.

Edited by CBers

above1

So I saw a previous post on this topic on donating.   Where would I donate to this project?   I LOVE the Samsung app and would like to donate to @@chessdragon136 for his time and effort into this.   

I've been using the app for a while now and the progress on it has been incredible.  

Thanks!

Larry

Edited by above1
  • Like 1

MrFlibbles

For a short time there was a "donate" option available on Chess' profile. Looks like that forum option is no longer available. Perhaps chessdragon can add a link to his first post in this thread?

chessdragon136

To be fair if the app was on the marketplace it would most likely be ok - its just this "sideloading" of apps through the developer account. 

chessdragon136

Ok v0.482 is available 

• Music layouts should be fixed
  • Series and Movie page have nice metadata layouts - Pretty much finalized.
  • Random backdrop image is shown in the background. It's hidden behind a 95% alpha grey so its hardly noticable but it beats the solid grey. Images change per login / run of the app)
  • Like 2

c0m3r

Thanks for the updates Chess. Did you look at whether you could centralize the title etc instead of it being to the left?

chessdragon136

Thanks for the updates Chess. Did you look at whether you could centralize the title etc instead of it being to the left?

In truth I just don't like the central idea - it looks weird when i have other metadata off to the left of the title which i've done to make best use of the limited space. 

Sorry. 

above1

I know this may be way way way down the road, but I figure I'd ask to maybe have it put into queue or the back burner somewhere.   

I have some movies that are 3D HSBS - Media browser has the metadata field where you can specify if the movie is 3D and in which format it is in.   The Samsumg API have the ability to set the 3D mode.   If it's possible to read the 3D flag from MB3, Then could we set the TV to the 3D mode the movie is in when played, provided the TV supports the 3D mode?

Thanks!

Larry

Edited by above1
  • Like 1

Jasin

To be fair if the app was on the marketplace it would most likely be ok - its just this "sideloading" of apps through the developer account. 

Does Samsung have some requirements for the marketplace? Or are you just waiting on a more finalized version?

Ok v0.482 is available 

Awesome, Thank you

I have a problem with the new update:

The backdrops are not changing, also I feel they should like 50% or less transparent, it's difficult to read item names

e4a8azut.jpg

They're annoying in item detailed views

reganara.jpg

DaN

klave7

Doing a quick search of this thread I saw that fast forward was removed in April.  Was it ever re-implemented?  All I can get is a quick 30 second jump forward, rather than being able to scrub forward.  I just installed this for the first time today, I'm not certain what version that puts me on.

Jasin

I updated the app last night and see it is .480 but I don't see the portrait view or an option to set it. Am I missing something?