Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

CBers

I've answered that before - i have no idea

OK. I thought it might be listed in the Samsung SDK somewhere.

I tried googling it, but nothing definitive - seems like a generic error message.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Ok re-released v0.482 but without background image - that is much more difficult than originally thought due to trying to support css2 and 3. 

CBers

Ok re-released v0.482 but without background image - that is much more difficult than originally thought due to trying to support css2 and 3.

Music looks OK now. Thanks.

Shame about the background images. Could you change the grey static background to a black one in the interim ?

Anything specific you need testing?

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Like the new library layout with plenty of movie information; but

Play doesn't work in anything but TV shows, also what's meant by css2 and 3?

DaN

Edited by DaN

CBers

DaN

Don't say that, I haven't tried movies yet. I had the same problem a few weeks ago, which turned out to be a problem with MBS. Which level of MBS are you running?

CSS is Cascading Style Sheets. They're used to format the layout of HTML etc.

CSS2 and 3 are the different versions of it.

Edited by CBers

Don't say that, I haven't tried movies yet. I had the same problem a few weeks ago, which turned out to be a problem with MBS. Which level of MBS are you running?

CSS is Cascading Style Sheets. They're used to format the layout of HTML etc.

CSS2 and 3 are the different versions of it.

Movie chapters section works, if l select any scene it plays, bout play doesn't respond, I'm not sure about server version, I'll check it when I'm home

And thanks for the info on Css, I assume the layout will be smarter and better designed

DaN

klave7

DaN

I can also confirm that Play does not work in Movies, neither does resume, though selecting a chapter does. 

Edited by klave7

I can also confirm that Play does not work in Movies, neither does resume, though selecting a chapter does.

Could you please mention your MBS version #?

DaN

chessdragon136

It's probably mu messup after removing the code for backdrops - did it in a rush to get a decent version out and made a hash of it.

I'm not at my pc, stuck waiting for trains so will look at it when i can

Sorry guys! 

As for CSS its the markup language for html. Basically newer tv's use html 5  and css3 but older ones use html4 and css2. Samsung changed their rendering engine which causes problems. But hey ho.  

• Like 1

CBers

It's probably mu messup after removing the code for backdrops - did it in a rush to get a decent version out and made a hash of it.

I'm not at my pc, stuck waiting for trains so will look at it when i can

Sorry guys!

No worries ;)

Smaky

I have just installed the app in my UN60D6450 TV. Installation worked just fine. However, whenever I launch the application I get the screen asking for the Server IP address and port or the web addres. I am unable to enter the addrres using my remote. Regardless of the setting for keypad I select (Green button) I always get characters and although I could cycle until a digit is shown, that does not happen for the zero digit (which enters a space).

Do I need to do something to have the remote input just numbers?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out... pressing "Shift" changes between input modes.

Edited by Smaky
  • Like 2

chessdragon136

Ok v0.482a  released to fix issue where movies were broken.

• Like 2

CBers

Ok v0.482a released to fix issue where movies were broken.

That's all working now, thanks :)

c0m3r

Can someone please find me some suitable open source icons and I'll happily implement them - Im not an artist and can't make my own.

Have a look at the link below Chess. There doesnt appear to be any claim to the icons and they are pretty simple. Should do just fine unless someone with graphical experience makes some better ones.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8151-mediainfo-icons/

chessdragon136

Ok Collections question - Can collections only be of one type? Using the web interface I can only seem to add movies to collections? Are collections essentially just movie boxsets now?

Does anyone know?

CBers

I think @@ebr or @@Luke will confirm, but I believe you can add TV shows, music and movies into a collection in the Dashboard, but they do differ from BoxSets.

I personally use the Auto-BoxSets plugin to group my movies into collections, but don't group TV so, music and movies together.

I think that's right, but I could be completely wrong :D

Ok Collections question - Can collections only be of one type? Using the web interface I can only seem to add movies to collections? Are collections essentially just movie boxsets now?

Does anyone know?

I have some collections, you just add movies to a folder that is named as boxset, and the MBS will recognize as a collection

DaN

CBers

I have some collections, you just add movies to a folder that is named as boxset, and the MBS will recognize as a collection

DaN

Do you not use the Auto-BoxSets plugin? It'll do it all for you.

Bohemi

Hi,

I installed v0.482a successfully with the installation steps from this topic. My TV is a Samsung UE40EH5300.

I can connect to the server but in the next screen where you can select the user, it stops. I can only change the server or go to smart Hub main page.

Did I mis a step?

rgrds

chessdragon136

Hmm sorry @Bohemi 

When you say it stops what do you mean? Does the page load fully (take a picture of the users page if you can) Can you see your user? and what happens when you select it? 

And what buttons are responsive on that page (it sounds like you can navigate away from the page once its stopped.

Edited by chessdragon136