Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

@@AndyNichs - Pushed out another version, won't fix the issue but I'm hoping the error message will show a URL - can you try it and let me know

Note: I forgot to update the version no, is still v0.460b but update and test please

Ok too many people to multi quote - sorry...

Music - Im sure the play pause stop keys should control music if you have the music bar open. I can see it in my code base at least.. As for song album art its a low priority.. 

Play/Pause/Stop - working. Back/Forward - not working.

Album Art :( (sad for the time been)

SamES

@@SamES - Any chance on a small test video so i can fix your problem please - I've not forgotten.

Hi @@chessdragon136, I'll get one to you but am a bit caught up for a few days.  I need to find/make something small for you.  Thanks for the follow-up, your dedication is much appreciated.

FYI, I have a hunch it may be interlaced MPEG2 video in mkv that may be the problem (as opposed to progressive scan).  

AndyNichs

Hi, me again :) Quick question: Should I be seeing a music option on the top menu now I've upgraded to the latest version? The only reason I ask is that I don't see it and people are talking about the update that includes music?

chessdragon136

Enable experimental mode in the settings menu for music - once you do you need to restart the app.

chessdragon136

@@SamES - Any chance on a small test video so i can fix your problem please - I've not forgotten.

AndyNichs

Yeah tried that last night but still don't see the music folder. Its not a problem as I don't use the browser for music but thought I'd ask the question...

chessdragon136

You really should do though - check the setting is true and restart.. 

It assumes that folders are configured as music folders and not any other type) 

chessdragon136

v0.460d released to fix SamES problem

Files with no default audio track and more than 1 audio tracks were not played correctly

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Shameless donation plug

I was in PC world earlier and came close to buying a more modern Samsung for testing, then sadly i looked at the price! 

I'm at a point in developement where to include elements like subtitles (that work natively in E,F G H series but not in my D series stuff) i need access to a tv that i can use for testing..

Any contributions are welcome 

(I feel bad for asking but the app will always be free so i can only rely on donations)

Shameless donation plug

I was in PC world earlier and came close to buying a more modern Samsung for testing, then sadly i looked at the price! 

I'm at a point in developement where to include elements like subtitles (that work natively in E,F G H series but not in my D series stuff) i need access to a tv that i can use for testing..

Any contributions are welcome 

(I feel bad for asking but the app will always be free so i can only rely on donations)

I support this donation; 

£50.00 were donated to Samsung MediaBrowser App

Regards,

DaN

Edited by DaN

chessdragon136

@@DaN - Wow - thanks! Will go buy that TV tomorrow I think - is a Samsung UE40H6500 which I hope will do the job nicely.

Next update time! (I have no life)

v0.470

• Forced subtitles support - they are now transcoded into the video - I cannot test this as my tv cannot handle .ts transcodes and not got around to hls transcoding in yet, think @@Luke has just added support this week - thank you! I can test the generated URL and it plays in VLC fine so should work..
  • Improved transcoding & direct play profiles - still got work to do on the audio side of things but video is getting solid now.
  • Improved navigational speed by reducing server calls / caching images - may not be noticeable to most users bar those with large collections.

Up next (main) update - support for more media types

CBers

Hi chess.

I'm unable to play anything on the latest, or previous version - getting an "Unable to connect" or "undefined" something or other errors, or it just doesn't play at all.

Seems to be transcoding going on as well now?!?!

2014-07-05%2021.20.38.jpg

This includes media that played quite happily previously.

Mainly movies are the problem - they may have multiple audio tracks, DTS and AC3.

Transcoding logs here and here, which contain:

video:0kB audio:0kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
Output file is empty, nothing was encoded (check -ss / -t / -frames parameters if used)

Why are we transcoding now ??

Server log here.

Any ideas?

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Hi @@CBers

I've rescinded the latest update - please go back to v0.460d (just update again as per usual)

The reason they were transcoding was that they must have had forced subtitle tracks, and as such they were being transcoded in.. well they should have been.

I'm going to need to rethink subtitles as it seems many files mark subtitles as forced when they shouldn't be (or its for 1 line in a film no-one cares about anyway)

On the plus side,  have just bought a Samsung UE40H6500 and it is fast - my app before it used to take a second to load the pages and now its instant - good to know it was the limitation of the tv and not my app :D I can now also watch transcoded stuff so i can finally get to work on a lot of things and test them in house 

Thanks all

• Like 1

emmcd

H series

You can logon as develop (user "develop", password "000000") by clicking the menu button and than select Smart Hub and in there Samsung Account menu on your remote.

After you logged on as develop you can press the smart hub button on your remote. Go to my app's list and on one of the installed apps hold the enter button down for a few seconds. Another window will pop up giving you the option to add the IP address.Afterwards hold the enter button down to go in the options again and choose "Start User app sync".There will pop up a new window which says "user apps sync is requested"

After a few seconds the app will be installed on your TV.

maybe chessdragon136 can add this to his initial post.

A big thank you! I finally have this installed and can start playing! :)
  • Like 1

emmcd

Hi Jeff

Yeah - I hope it will be too

How do you rip your dvd's to the computer? I don't have any to test with so need to create some.

Thanks

Has there been any progress on accessing folder rips in the app? P.S. absolutely fantastic job on this so far! I'm looking forward to diving in much more over the next couple of days!

CBers

Hi @@CBers

I've rescinded the latest update - please go back to v0.460d (just update again as per usual)

The reason they were transcoding was that they must have had forced subtitle tracks, and as such they were being transcoded in.. well they should have been.

I'm going to need to rethink subtitles as it seems many files mark subtitles as forced when they shouldn't be (or its for 1 line in a film no-one cares about anyway)

On the plus side,  have just bought a Samsung UE40H6500 and it is fast - my app before it used to take a second to load the pages and now its instant - good to know it was the limitation of the tv and not my app :D I can now also watch transcoded stuff so i can finally get to work on a lot of things and test them in house 

Thanks all

Thanks Chess - I'll give it a go.

No joy Chess - still having the same issues on v0.460d.

The last version where I was working fine, was the "c" release.

I'm getting the same message still as above and the same as @@AndyNichs was reporting here.

In the server log for when I tried playback, I got the following:

2014-07-06 12:25:19.7208 Info - Trakt: Playback Started
2014-07-06 12:25:19.7258 Debug - Trakt: fe8e98c1df54d9b502474bab46ee8982 appears to be monitoring \\MEDIASERVER-3\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009).mkv
2014-07-06 12:25:19.7258 Debug - Trakt: Send movie status update
2014-07-06 12:25:19.8748 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://api.trakt.tv/movie/watching/77449c38c9f4f9b3cdb8d3f9ef0566b167a935eb
2014-07-06 12:25:19.8948 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Lavf52.104.0. 
2014-07-06 12:25:20.4838 Error - HttpResponseExtensions: Error in HttpListenerResponseWrapper: Cannot close stream until all bytes are written.
Cannot close stream until all bytes are written.
System.InvalidOperationException
  at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
  at System.IO.Stream.Close()
  at ServiceStack.HttpResponseExtensions.CloseOutputStream(HttpListenerResponse response)

2014-07-06 12:25:20.4838 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 192.168.1.199:36803. Response time: 808.0463 ms. Content length: 12275234249 bytes.
Url: http://192.168.1.140:8096/mediabrowser/Videos/4fc7b83c1e12b0677f4a6104c7a6f61b/Stream.mkv?static=true&MediaSourceId=4fc7b83c1e12b0677f4a6104c7a6f61b&DeviceId=SHCHU5ARL4PQ2&StartTimeTicks=14402300000

Seems like there's an issue when there are multiple audio tracks - I re-encode all of my DTS movies to have an AC3 (Doolby) track as my Sonos doesn;t currently support DTS.

As I said, this was all working fine upto and including v.460c - form then on, I get this error.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Update again please - it really should be working - it is for me. 

CBers

OK, I've uninstalled and re-installed and still the same.

If I play a AC3-encoded TV show, it plays back fine, but if I try the movie again, it fails with the above message.

After that, I am unable to play anything, even the same TV show I played before the movie.

I have to exit the app and re-enter.

HELP ?!?!?!?!?!

chessdragon136

For your films which track is the default audio track?

chessdragon136

And can you please provide a sample video file - I really struggle without these and the ones provided by others made fixing the issues trivial (I can use my advanced debug)