Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

Jasin

What do you see instead? Screenshot if possible please

Just the normal view that was there before. Whats the best way to take a shot on a Samsung? (besides snapping a photo with my phone)

chessdragon136

Ok and in the settings page there should be a setting called portrait mode? Is that true...

And yes that is the only way i'm afraid but that isn't necessary now :)

Jasin

Ok and in the settings page there should be a setting called portrait mode? Is that true...

And yes that is the only way i'm afraid but that isn't necessary now :)

I went to go look and take pictures but I see the posters and the option now. Those weren't there yesterday after the update. Maybe having the tv turn off and on helped?

Edit - Thanks for the quick response.

Edited by Jasin

chessdragon136

Yes I really should put this in the opening page = basically uninstall old version, reboot tv and then update to new is the best way to install.

Glad it woks - shame i'm pushing another update out in a bit and you'll have to do it all over again

• Like 2

Jasin

Yes I really should put this in the opening page = basically uninstall old version, reboot tv and then update to new is the best way to install.

Glad it woks - shame i'm pushing another update out in a bit and you'll have to do it all over again

No worries, good to know. Seems like something Samsung should address, doesn't seem to handle updates well. Everytime Plex updates on there as well you have to reconnect to your account.

3D playback has been looked into - i can make it work on select tv's but not others, so it was removed.

if you mean that 3D auto switching works on certain models, I assume the code will through an error on unsupported models, right? Can you add supported models to your code to avoid that error?

DaN

CBers

Check to see if your friend TV is able to access other "Internet" items. Check IP settings on it. Just cover the basics of connectivity. I'm sure you've done it but always good to go over twice incase something was missed.

Larry

Yes I did all that :) I've been using this app since the very early releases so I know what to do, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out.

All other Internet-based apps on the TV (75E6500) work fine.

above1

Yes I did all that :) I've been using this app since the very early releases so I know what to do, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out.

All other Internet-based apps on the TV (75E6500) work fine.

I figured you would have.. I'll give it a try once I get home and report back.  I will likely have the same result you did.  no issues.

• Like 1

CBers

I figured you would have.. I'll give it a try once I get home and report back. I will likely have the same result you did. no issues.

Thanks above1.

chessdragon136

3D playback has been looked into - i can make it work on select tv's but not others, so it was removed.

Fast forward was never implemented - only the 30 second skip. Samsung doesnt natively support fast seeking (doesnt work on my twonky DLNA) I think the allshare can do it but you have to set loads of http headers and its a mess. I will get a proper interface in so you can select a point in the file to skip to. 

CBers

@@chessdragon136 - can't seem to connect to your IP address (from 1st post) to re-install the app.

I'm getting ERROR_DEVELOPMENT_002.

A bit more information.

The above was on my friend's Samsung TV which has v0.460e into.

I couldn't update to v0.480, which I run, due to the above error.

On returning home, I can update (nothing to actually update) OK on my TV.

Any idea why my friend's TV was getting that error please?

Should I get him to uninstall and install it and try again? He can't use it currently, as all that is displayed is MediaBrowser3 and the version number. MBS is running, as MBC can see it OK.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

klave7

Fast forward was never implemented - only the 30 second skip. Samsung doesnt natively support fast seeking (doesnt work on my twonky DLNA) I think the allshare can do it but you have to set loads of http headers and its a mess. I will get a proper interface in so you can select a point in the file to skip to. 

Thanks for the info.  Skipping to the part of the file would be perfect.  I look forward to when it's implemented. 

CBers

Depending on the TV, it will automatically switch to 3D mode.

Well, it does on my F8000, so I don't need anything adding to play 3D movies.

Edited by CBers

above1

Depending on the TV, it will automatically switch to 3D mode.

Well, it does on my F8000, so I don't need anything adding to play 3D movies.

Hmm..   I have HSBS titles and on my ES8000 it does not automatically switch to 3D, wish it would. 

If I go into the 3D menu, HSBS is greyed out.  I am unable to select it.

Also, like DaN mentioned, yes, is it possible to add if...then  "supported models" to the code to detect 3D capabilities?

Thanks again.

above1

above1

A bit more information.

The above was on my friend's Samsung TV which has v0.460e into.

I couldn't update to v0.480, which I run, due to the above error.

On returning home, I can update (nothing to actually update) OK on my TV.

Any idea why my friend's TV was getting that error please?

Should I get him to uninstall uninstall it and try again? He can't use it currently, as all that is displayed is MediaBrowser3 and the version number. MBS is running, as MBC can see it OK.

Thanks.

Check to see if your friend TV is able to access other "Internet" items.   Check IP settings on it.   Just cover the basics of connectivity.  I'm sure you've done it but always good to go over twice incase something was missed. 

Larry

above1

Thanks above1.

So it goes to download but does nothing now. Seems like the server is not uploading the file.

I guess @@chessdragon136 will have to look at it on his end.

Above1

CBers

So it goes to download but does nothing now. Seems like the server is not uploading the file.

I guess @@chessdragon136 will have to look at it on his end.

Above1

You don't get an error though?

c0m3r

Think the IP on the first page is wrong. He changed it later in the thread after his ISP changed his IP address. Have a search through and try the second one he gave.

CBers

Think the IP on the first page is wrong. He changed it later in the thread after his ISP changed his IP address. Have a search through and try the second one he gave.

No, he updated the first post with the new IP.

As I said above, I can get a download to work OK on my TV, even if it is the same version, I just couldn't get access to it last night on my friend's Samsung TV.

Edited by CBers

above1

No, he updated the first post with the new IP.

As I said above, I can get a download to work OK on my TV, even if it is the same version, I just couldn't get access to it last night on my friend's Samsung TV.

it worked now for me.  Although it did go a lot slower that usual. 

above1

• Like 1

chessdragon136

3D playback - The supported models bit isnt if the tv supports 3d but that the code itself only works on certain models so i need to find a more universal code source.

As for install issues, my server is ok.. Still the same ip as on the first page. Not sure what to suggest.