Ombi for Emby

SuperPotatoMen

simonk83

Ok, I'm likely being an idiot here :D

I've installed the Docker version of Ombi from rogueosb.  I've set the EAP flag so it should be running that.   When the wizard starts, the first step is to log into Plex, but I don't use Plex, I use Emby.   Do you need to have a Plex install anyway even if you don't plan on using that, or is the Docker image just out of date :)

Happy2Play

I've installed the Docker version of Ombi from rogueosb.  I've set the EAP flag so it should be running that.   When the wizard starts, the first step is to log into Plex, but I don't use Plex, I use Emby.   Do you need to have a Plex install anyway even if you don't plan on using that, or is the Docker image just out of date :)

I believe it is just the build you have.  Looking at earlier posts users entered 0.0.0.0 for Plex address. 

Edited by Happy2Play

SuperPotatoMen

Hey,

you are not on the last EAP build. In the new wizard we ask if you use Emby or plex

simonk83

Hey,

you are not on the last EAP build. In the new wizard we ask if you use Emby or plex

Yep cool, I'll mess around with the docker image :) . Thanks!

EDIT:  Ah, it's 20 days out of date.

Edited by simonk83

Happy2Play

For everyone getting this

This email is only available on devices that support HTML.

You have to modify your user to allow newsletters.  User Management edit your user-Modify features-Newsletter

Happy2Play

Would it be better to use thumb/landscape images instead of backdrops?

58a1044cdcf74_image.jpg

58a104bf39f8b_landscape.jpg

• Like 1

the1legend

You have to modify your user to allow newsletters.  User Management edit your user-Modify features-Newsletter

I have that option checked but still receive the same message.

58a11315dfb46_settings.png

58a1132a30567_build.png

• Like 1

Diedrich

Question: Is this how Ombi works?

1. User requests SuperAwesomeMovie

2. Admin approves SuperAwesomeMovie

3. SuperAwesomeMovie magically appears in Emby

4. Ombi sees that SuperAwesomeMovie is available in Emby and automatically sets the "Available" flag and emails the user?

Is step #4 correct or is "Available" a manual function only and therefore no email sent?

CBers

I think one of both of User Management and User Management Settings should be renamed, as they are too similar and do different things:

58a160d895d1f_Capture41.jpg 

58a160e529409_Capture42.jpg

Perhaps User Management could be changed to User Profiles, or even combine them into one general page.

Just a thought.

• Like 2

tidusjar

I understand what you mean. It is confusing...

So the User Management Settings is the default settings a user is given when they are added outside of Ombi e.g. a new user is added in Emby, Ombi will recognise this and apply those default settings from the User Management Settings.

Where the user management page (button in the navbar) is so you can finetune those settings on an individual basis and also create local users.

But I am open to new naming suggestions :)

• Like 1

shorty1483

Also activated here like @@the1legend

First the mails newsletter mails worked. But after one of the last updates, the error popped up.

Spaceboy

i have 1 remaining issue and 1 question. the issue is that series are showing up as requestable even though they are already in the library.

the question, how frequently is the newsletter set to be sent and what parameters can be used to modify frequency, content etc? i don't understand the timer in the scheduled jobs page.

cheers

Happy2Play

Was just going to ask about newsletter frequency as I don't see any reference to it at all.

the1legend

I've been trying to get the Newsletter to work. I "believe" that it is scheduled by the CRON job at the bottom of the scheduled jobs page.

58a22ffdd4b34_cron_job.png

Happy2Play

I've been trying to get the Newsletter to work. I "believe" that it is scheduled by the CRON job at the bottom of the scheduled jobs page.

58a22ffdd4b34_cron_job.png

Using the linked guide I haven't been able to get that to work at all.

Happy2Play

I assume that is interrupted as email at 7am every Saturday or Friday.

Edited by Happy2Play

the1legend

Using the linked guide I haven't been able to get that to work at all.

I've finally got it to send me an email with the HTML error mentioned in previous posts. The issue has been reported on Github and Jamie pushed an update yesterday but as of now that's all I get. At first I thought that is was not working at all but I did get the email about 20 minutes later with the HTML error. It took much longer than I would have thought to compile.

the1legend

I assume that is interrupted as email at 7am every Saturday or Friday.

Every Friday at 7am is what I calculated but that's GMT.

Happy2Play

Correct, 7am every Friday

So does the last position need to be a number or FRI as the linked guide / generator shows?

Happy2Play

I've finally got it to send me an email with the HTML error mentioned in previous posts. The issue has been reported on Github and Jamie pushed an update yesterday but as of now that's all I get. At first I thought that is was not working at all but I did get the email about 20 minutes later with the HTML error. It took much longer than I would have thought to compile.

I had it set for 12 today and haven't got anything.

the1legend

I had it set for 12 today and haven't got anything.

I'm running the test newsletter now and will report back. My thinking is that it's broken ATM as I'm getting tons of errors.

58a236b4cb483_erros.png

So does the last position need to be a number or FRI as the linked guide / generator shows?

Yes, I believe so but I've been using http://www.cronmaker.com/ to take the thinking out of it for me.

This issue I am having is the cron expression is triggering when it should but it is not sending the newsletters/notifications to my emby users with email addresses attached.

It does send the emails to the people I have populated in the newsletter settings page.

Email Addresses to Send to (For users that are not in your User Management section) 

• Like 1