Ombi for Emby

SuperPotatoMen

Blueeyiz702

when you set up sonarr,do you have to use a Usenet Server?

Sent from my Rooted Z987 on the Deathstar via Tapatalk

Spaceboy

Ok, it appears that my Emby users can log in, but they do not show up under the User Management tab when I log in locally as an admin. Is this as expected or is something messed up?

Thanks.

This is exactly as I reported. You need to turn plex off.
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

Is that not off by default?

wasnt for me. I could enable the Emby api and as overseer says I could log in with Emby users, but they were not shown in the user management bit. I only noticed when trying to enable episode searching under Emby and it told me plex was still enabled Edited by Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Are your users set up to receive emails?

i have set email addresses for the ombi admin and my ombi account. but at the mo i am on the email notification screen, not trying the newsletter yet. pushover is working.

top two boxes ticked

host name - smtp.gmail.com

port - tried 465 and 25

sender - my gmail email address

recipient - as above

username - same email address

password - gmail password

submitted, tested, everything reported ok but no emails sent. checked spam

Happy2Play

Had to disable Plex also for Emby users to show up.  But I am on 2.1.0.

tidusjar

For Gmail, if you have 2 factor authentication you need to generate a app key. You also need to enable less secure apps

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Have you adjusted your gmail app setting?  Have you tried port 587?

For Gmail, if you have 2 factor authentication you need to generate a app key. You also need to enable less secure apps

yes gmail notified me about needing to allow unsecure apps so i did that, i dont have 2 factor enabled for gmail. i have now tried 587 as well, still all reports sucessfully but no emails received. i have also tried a different recipient, an outlook.com email and nothing received there either

shorty1483

Also the newsletter is customisable, it uses a CRON schedule in the settings

How do I get rid of the message "This email is only available on devices that support HTML." when newsletter is sent?

Spaceboy

there are plenty of mail errors in the log but nothing i can make sense of. pushover errors too but this seems to be working.58a061bdb9c43_ombi.png

SuperPotatoMen

@@Spaceboy

Well looking at your logs, the error say it already: "5.5.1 Authentication required. learn more at 5.5.1" and "Authentication Failed"

The url is in your logs helps your out what to do. (the smtp server of gmail send your a link with help)

Edited by SuperPotatoMen

shorty1483

For me, every test mail is working, but when the newsletter is send, Ombi (latest dev build) spits out this error:

2017/02/12 15:21:58.979 Ombi.Services.Jobs.RecentlyAddedNewsletter.EmbyAddedNewsletter Error: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: M. Path '', line 0, position 0.
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   bei Ombi.Api.ApiRequest.ExecuteJson[T](IRestRequest request, Uri baseUri) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Api\ApiRequest.cs:Zeile 120.
   bei Ombi.Api.EmbyApi.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<GetInformation>b__2() in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Api\EmbyApi.cs:Zeile 157.
   bei Polly.Policy.<>c__DisplayClass8_0`1.<Execute>b__0()
   bei Polly.RetrySyntax.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<WaitAndRetry>b__1()
   bei Polly.Retry.RetryEngine.Implementation[TResult](Func`1 action, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryExceptionPredicates, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryResultPredicates, Func`1 policyStateFactory)
   bei Polly.RetrySyntax.<>c__DisplayClass14_1.<WaitAndRetry>b__0(Action action, Context context)
   bei Polly.Policy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 action, Context context)
   bei Ombi.Api.EmbyApi.GetInformation(String mediaId, EmbyMediaType type, String apiKey, String userId, Uri baseUri) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Api\EmbyApi.cs:Zeile 154.
   bei Ombi.Services.Jobs.RecentlyAddedNewsletter.EmbyAddedNewsletter.GetHtml(Boolean test) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Services\Jobs\RecentlyAddedNewsletter\EmbyRecentlyAddedNewsletter.cs:Zeile 132.
   bei Ombi.Services.Jobs.RecentlyAddedNewsletter.EmbyAddedNewsletter.GetNewsletterHtml(Boolean test) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Services\Jobs\RecentlyAddedNewsletter\EmbyRecentlyAddedNewsletter.cs:Zeile 82. Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: M. Path '', line 0, position 0.
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   bei Ombi.Api.ApiRequest.ExecuteJson[T](IRestRequest request, Uri baseUri) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Api\ApiRequest.cs:Zeile 120.
   bei Ombi.Api.EmbyApi.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<GetInformation>b__2() in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Api\EmbyApi.cs:Zeile 157.
   bei Polly.Policy.<>c__DisplayClass8_0`1.<Execute>b__0()
   bei Polly.RetrySyntax.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<WaitAndRetry>b__1()
   bei Polly.Retry.RetryEngine.Implementation[TResult](Func`1 action, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryExceptionPredicates, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryResultPredicates, Func`1 policyStateFactory)
   bei Polly.RetrySyntax.<>c__DisplayClass14_1.<WaitAndRetry>b__0(Action action, Context context)
   bei Polly.Policy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 action, Context context)
   bei Ombi.Api.EmbyApi.GetInformation(String mediaId, EmbyMediaType type, String apiKey, String userId, Uri baseUri) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Api\EmbyApi.cs:Zeile 154.
   bei Ombi.Services.Jobs.RecentlyAddedNewsletter.EmbyAddedNewsletter.GetHtml(Boolean test) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Services\Jobs\RecentlyAddedNewsletter\EmbyRecentlyAddedNewsletter.cs:Zeile 132.
   bei Ombi.Services.Jobs.RecentlyAddedNewsletter.EmbyAddedNewsletter.GetNewsletterHtml(Boolean test) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Services\Jobs\RecentlyAddedNewsletter\EmbyRecentlyAddedNewsletter.cs:Zeile 82.

This is the mail users receive:

58a0702879405_Unbenannt.jpg

How can I solve this?

Edited by shorty1483

Spaceboy

@@Spaceboy

Well looking at your logs, the error say it already: "5.5.1 Authentication required. learn more at 5.5.1" and "Authentication Failed"

The url is in your logs helps your out what to do. (the smtp server of gmail send your a link with help)

yay! thanks, i did need to allow unsecure apps again. possibly this needs doing for every new install? i had to trash my previous one because i deleted the admin account. as someone else has said, you shouldnt be able to do that! especially as i was trying to delete the emby admin a/c.

so, next question. should the test newsletter have any info in or is it just the header and intro. because i'm not seeing media listed

Overseer

Overseer, that is not expected. Are they local Emby users or linked users?

They are local users within Emby.  They are also enabled for Emby Connect.

Overseer

Aahh, so that's what the CRON is for at the bottom of the Scheduled Jobs page.  Pretty sweet and simple.  Thanks.

Overseer

This is exactly as I reported. You need to turn plex off.

Thanks, did not realize that Plex was enabled by default.  Had all the Plex stuff set to 0 on the Scheduled Jobs screen.  That did the trick and now my Emby users show up on the User Management screen.

We may need @@BAS to chip in, as I think he got it working.

All I did was check both boxes in email notifications page..  enabled and enable smtp auth , set it to smtp.gmail.com, port is 587, the next 3 lines are all your google email over and over and then I hit the test. As soon as hit test, google told me I would need to enable less secure apps access via an email message. So I did that. Went back to OMBI and tried the test again, and email was received. Google is a little finicky so make sure you go through all their steps on allowing less secure, if I remember it took me two times for that setting to stick for some reason.

As for the newsletter thing, I have yet to have any luck getting that to work yet,  the same thing as others have reported. This email is only on devices that support html.

• Like 1

I noticed the CRON scheduling before in newsletter area but in 2.1.1407 I no longer see it, not sure if it accidentally got removed as I noticed the mass email function was split out from the newsletter page.

• Like 1

Overseer

I noticed the CRON scheduling before in newsletter area but in 2.1.1407 I no longer see it, not sure if it accidentally got removed as I noticed the mass email function was split out from the newsletter page.

You will find the CRON scheduling at the bottom of the Scheduled Jobs screen.  I'm on .1407 and it's still there.

You will find the CRON scheduling at the bottom of the Scheduled Jobs screen.  I'm on .1407 and it's still there.

OK thanks man, I must have thought I saw it on a different page at some point. Now I just need to figure out the newsletter problem.

Edited by BAS
  • Like 1

the1legend

I can fire off email notifications from Ombi and I receive the email within a minute. I can shoot out a mass email as well, but the "Send test email to admin" button below the enable newsletter checkbox just spins until I refresh the page and no newsletter is received.

58a0c9c484c59_spinin.png