Ombi for Emby

SuperPotatoMen

Blueeyiz702

@ this is not the topic to have this discussion, Please take it somewhere else.

ok

Sent from my Rooted Z987 on the Deathstar via Tapatalk

Overseer

Which branch should we be running, DEV or EAP?  It seems that the latest versions seem to flip-flop back and forth.

Diedrich

I'm downloading the dev versions. The only functionality I see from the dropdown box in the settings is version checking/notification. I've not had luck with the updater.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

CBers

Which branch should we be running, DEV or EAP?  It seems that the latest versions seem to flip-flop back and forth.

I've been running develop since I started using it.

Better to find the bugs there, than to wait until EAP and then find them :)

I'm downloading the dev versions. The only functionality I see from the dropdown box in the settings is version checking/notification. I've not had luck with the updater.

The updater doesn't work and is a known issue.

I always manually update - download zip, unblock zip (if necessary), unzip, stop Ombi, copy over the top and start Ombi.

Takes all of 2 minutes :)

• Like 1

simonk83

For those with the landing page enabled, does it just show your server as offline all the time?  Not sure if this is just me (Emby is online and Ombi can connect successfully apparently) or maybe this feature isn't working yet?

Overseer

For those with the landing page enabled, does it just show your server as offline all the time?  Not sure if this is just me (Emby is online and Ombi can connect successfully apparently) or maybe this feature isn't working yet?

When I try to enable the landing page page it tells me it can't since Plex is not set up.  So, I'm guessing that this is a Plex thing.

• Like 1

simonk83

When I try to enable the landing page page it tells me it can't since Plex is not set up.  So, I'm guessing that this is a Plex thing.

Right OK.  Perhaps I've worked around that somehow, as when I first set up the EAP version of Ombi, it never asked me to choose between Emby and Plex.  My only option was Plex, so I just fake set that up, and then manually set up Emby in the admin settings.   I don't have Plex enabled (nor does a Plex server exist), but maybe it thinks I do.

Overseer

When I first installed Ombi I didn't have to choose between Plex/Emby as well so Plex was on by default.  I was able to enable the landing page at that time but never actually did anything with it so I left the landing page disabled.  Now that Plex is disabled I can no longer enable the landing page.  Perhaps it'll get set-up for Emby at a later date.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

first post.. enjoying ombi so far...

i think others have reported this "html" issue on the newsletter before, but were there steps to fix yet? or a workaround?  please let me know if this should be on a different site for tracking

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yx21jphsslwnsp/htmlemailerr.jpg?dl=0

sorry: im on EAP, 2.1.1412  on win10

Edited by MrWebsmith

CBers

i think others have reported this "html" issue on the newsletter before, but were there steps to fix yet? or a workaround? please let me know if this should be on a different site for tracking

sorry: im on EAP, 2.1.1412 on win10

Thanks for testing :)

• Like 3

Happy2Play

Some reason mine reverted back to HTML issue email were it had been working for the past 5 days (no updates), except for my user accounts not receiving emails.

shorty1483

i think others have reported this "html" issue on the newsletter before, but were there steps to fix yet? or a workaround?  please let me know if this should be on a different site for tracking

sorry: im on EAP, 2.1.1412  on win10

Currently there is a pending issue report by me on Github https://github.com/tidusjar/Ombi/issues/1116

I guess it's just a matter of time until it's fixed by @@tidusjar and @@SuperPotatoMen

SuperPotatoMen

Also, we are updating our github bot to inform your better on your reported issues in the pipeline are also a new platform to do better support for ombi.
I need to read: reddit, emby forum plex forum, github and the external forums Qnap and Synology package to check if there is any issues or support request.

That takes to mutch time for me and Jamie, so we are planning to rollout a new forum to handle support, feature request, bug reports and inform you about updates.

• Like 7

simonk83

Quick question about requesting movies/shows. 

Am I right in thinking that if a user tries to add a movie (for example), Ombi will check Emby to see if the movies exists, and if not will tap into the Radarr api and add that movie/kick off a search?   Would it not be better (or would it be possible I guess), to also check if that movie is already added to Radarr and waiting to be downloaded?     

So that way, say I have Avatar 2 added to Radarr as wanted already, and a user opens Emby and searches for Avatar 2, it'll indicate that it's already in the list rather than letting them try and add it again?   Maybe just show "Already Requested".

Saves the admin having to check that request for starters :)    Same goes for TV shows and Sonarr (if it's already added to Sonarr just not released yet, indicate as such when a user searches in Ombi).

http://feathub.com/tidusjar/Ombi/+105

Edited by simonk83

tidusjar

@@simonk83

So when we load the search results we do the following for each search record:

• Check if it's in Emby
  • Check if it's in Radarr/Watcher/CP (Depending which one is enabled)

The way we check if it's in Radarr, is when the application starts up there is a job that runs (and then runs every X hours) that caches the movies in Radarr. So if you add a movie in radarr it will not appear in Ombi straight away due to the job not running.

I decided to do this because calling Radarr for every search record to see if it exists is a waste of bandwidth and would slow the search results down.

• Like 3

simonk83

Ok, makes sense, however if that's the case I'm not sure it's working. I'll have to test it again later, but I've had it installed for a while now, with the same movies in Radarr, and Ombi has never indicated that a movie is already in Radarr when I try and add it again. I'll mess around and will let you know how I go.

• Like 1

@@tidusjar

How are we looking for the release of the Ombi for Emby overall in terms of it being in the main stable release?

Also when it is released if I am installing as a QPKG will I need Plex installed? I think with the current QPKG it requires Plex as a prereq ?

thanks for all your work on this, thread has been clogging up my inbox but with some very thorough testing from crew out there which is good to see.

thanks

Rjay

CBers

Ok, makes sense, however if that's the case I'm not sure it's working. I'll have to test it again later, but I've had it installed for a while now, with the same movies in Radarr, and Ombi has never indicated that a movie is already in Radarr when I try and add it again. I'll mess around and will let you know how I go.

I've just tried that on my Ombi and it reported that the requested movie was already available.

tidusjar

@@tidusjar

How are we looking for the release of the Ombi for Emby overall in terms of it being in the main stable release?

Also when it is released if I am installing as a QPKG will I need Plex installed? I think with the current QPKG it requires Plex as a prereq ?

thanks for all your work on this, thread has been clogging up my inbox but with some very thorough testing from crew out there which is good to see.

thanks

Rjay

So... Stable, I guess it's time to talk about it. I still have a few bugs to iron out, especially around the newsletter. I need to rework slightly how I do the API calls.

But it's hard to say as I'm working on it in my free time but I'm hoping very soon.

Regarding the QPKG, I'll speak to Stephane (From the QNAP team) who looks after the QPKG to see what can be done.

• Like 1

So... Stable, I guess it's time to talk about it. I still have a few bugs to iron out, especially around the newsletter. I need to rework slightly how I do the API calls.

But it's hard to say as I'm working on it in my free time but I'm hoping very soon.

Regarding the QPKG, I'll speak to Stephane (From the QNAP team) who looks after the QPKG to see what can be done.

Legend mate, sounds good. Not too stressed overall as I am just waiting in the wings on this one and following the thread until its roughly stable and working with Emby supported in the main version. More than willing to wait until after Newsletter bugs are ironed out was just sort of checking if we are talking a couple of weeks or more looking towards end of March sort of time :)

tidusjar

Legend mate, sounds good. Not too stressed overall as I am just waiting in the wings on this one and following the thread until its roughly stable and working with Emby supported in the main version. More than willing to wait until after Newsletter bugs are ironed out was just sort of checking if we are talking a couple of weeks or more looking towards end of March sort of time :)

I was hoping it would have been release by the end of Feb (since it would be a year since I started working on Ombi on 28th Feb), but it's looking like beginning of March

• Like 1