Ombi for Emby

SuperPotatoMen

Spaceboy

There should be an error in the console when starting. What isit?

jeez i'm an idiot sometimes. it was still installed...

Spaceboy

There should be an error in the console when starting. What isit?

ok, any tips for setting this up connecting to emby through a reverse proxy?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to change the Ombi icon?

I just cannot stomach the one it has now... ;)

CBers

Is it possible to change the Ombi icon?

I just cannot stomach the one it has now... ;)

Yes.

You can change it to whatever you want.

Care to give me a clue?  I looked in settings->customizations and see nothing.  Searched this thread for 'icon' and came up blank...

CBers

Sorry Eric, I'm thinking about Ombi in Organizr.

I think Jamie has changed it in v3, for which a beta is due soon.

• Like 1

lexisdude

Not sure if this has been addressed or not. Doing an actor search gives mixed results and doesn't carry all titles associated with them

As an example:

Arnold Schwarzenegger

In OMBI

5976645888875_1.jpg

(no further listings)

From the Arnold Schwarzenegger page @ https://www.themoviedb.org/person/1100-arnold-schwarzenegger

597664db88742_2.jpg

So why aren't the rest of the titles being shown? Is there a display limit to titles?

tidusjar

That is correct,

We only show the first 10 movies returned from the API IIRC.

The reason for this was that each movie required two API calls, one to get the movies by actor and the other to get the actual movie information.

If we displayed the whole result then we could potentially reach the API limit (per IP address)

• Like 1

lexisdude

That is correct,

We only show the first 10 movies returned from the API IIRC.

The reason for this was that each movie required two API calls, one to get the movies by actor and the other to get the actual movie information.

If we displayed the whole result then we could potentially reach the API limit (per IP address)

That makes sense. Is there a way that for actors it scrapes either the most recent titles or what the actors are most known for? That would sure look better and be more useful than seeing shows that nobody probably wants to watch anyhow. :D And if working from the top - down; having a better chance to hide titles already present if hiding already available titles.

Edited by lexisdude

lexisdude

Ok - I really love this gem of a program now that I have been messing around with it. :D Kudos to everyone that is involved in the project - I will send some beer money when I can. It seems to work almost flawlessly in both Radarr and Sonarr which are also amazing programs in their own respects. 

I know that the interfacing with headphones is beta and surely a little shaky - but moreso than not I have noticed the api causing more "none - none - none" adds than anything. I got 2 albums to work but the rest have either produced empty slots through the headphones API or state success in adding ; and nothing shows up on the headphones web page. When it is going to fail if it seems to immediately add the album - the two times that it worked it waited until headphones polled the data online and put the requested album in the "wanted" tab. I don't want to automatically assume it's Ombi because headphones is more frusterating than it is satisfying. Have there been other people reporting this sort of problem?

• Like 1

Jdiesel

Anyone take a stab at testing the .NETCore version? I just had a look and it is foreign to me. Looks like NGINX or Apache will be a minimum requirement. 

tidusjar

Where you reading this? It's self hosting but you can put it behind a proxy.

I wouldn't recommend V3 as I'm still heavily mid development and breaking changes will happen.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

Where you reading this? It's self hosting but you can put it behind a proxy.

I wouldn't recommend V3 as I'm still heavily mid development and breaking changes will happen.

Likely just me being uninformed on .net. I tried to self host it but I seem to be having issues at this point and have not done enough research into. 

I grabbed the build from:

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/ex6551fhbi6un66m/artifacts/Ombi_ubuntu.zip

Do I need to publish the build before I run it? If I try to publish I get an error stating that the project or solution can't be found. If I try to run it I get:

/opt/ombi_dotnetcore$ dotnet ombi.dll
No executable found matching command "dotnet-ombi.dll"

My apologies if I am completely off as this is my first running hosting anything with .net core

Edited by Jdiesel

tidusjar

Ah ok. If you are on Ubuntu you need to chmod +X or something to make it an executable. But just run .\ombi

• Like 1

Jdiesel

Ah ok. If you are on Ubuntu you need to chmod +X or something to make it an executable. But just run .\ombi

That did the trick! Thanks

• 1 month later...

Is there a known Emby user sync issue when users change their passwords?  Incorrect username/password after an Emby password change.

I've had 2 such issues so far to no resolve.

Edited by BonzTM

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...