Ombi for Emby

SuperPotatoMen

Happy2Play

I'm running the test newsletter now and will report back. My thinking is that it's broken ATM as I'm getting tons of errors.

58a236b4cb483_erros.png

I am on Version: 2.1.1410 and no longer get that error.

Happy2Play

I'm getting the error with 2.1.1412.

58a23f19e07a3_emailerror.png

58a23f2aee756_version.png

Don't know if it makes a difference but I set mine to DEV, but I am still on a lower version then you.  Look like EAP is ahead of Dev.  What email service are you using.  Mine is currently using Hotmail.

Happy2Play

Are users not receiving Newsletters/emails because they are shown as "User Type: Plex User"?

Are users not receiving Newsletters/emails because they are shown as "User Type: Plex User"?

All my users set to receive the newsletter are labeled as "emby user" within ombi.

Happy2Play

All my users set to receive the newsletter are labeled as "emby user" within ombi.

What Ombi version, all my user imported into Ombi are label Plex users.

Happy2Play

Hmm, just nuked everything and installed 1412 and still get Plex User.

58a26d8442fba_user.jpg

Overseer

All my users imported as Emby Users and they show as Emby User on the Permissions side-bar, they're just not getting newsletters.  Did have the newsletter properly generate after first run-through with Emby/Ombi but this mornings letter to the admin account got the HTML error.  Sending through Office 365 (Exchange server) (smtp.officer365.com).  Set up to do a daily newsletter at 7AM  0 0 7 1/1 * ? * .

Diedrich

I also see Plex User. I have also noticed that most references to Emby have been reverted to Plex throughout the UI as well as the various emails.

Edited by dvgmar

Overseer

I just tested it out with my wife's account and did not get a 'wrong password' error.  Able to report an issue and I got the email (in HTML, by the way  :P ) on the admin account.

Edit...

Her account on Ombi is an imported Emby account with no password set.  Just logged in with username.  Now, my imported Emby account is asking for a password in Ombi when logging in but I have no password for that in Emby.

Edited by Overseer
  • Like 2

Happy2Play

I just tested it out with my wife's account and did not get a 'wrong password' error.  Able to report an issue and I got the email (in HTML, by the way  :P ) on the admin account.

Edit...

Her account on Ombi is an imported Emby account with no password set.  Just logged in with username.  Now, my imported Emby account is asking for a password in Ombi when logging in but I have no password for that in Emby.

I had to set a password and enable easy pin in Emby for local access without a password to play nice with Ombi.

Interesting how everyone is getting mixed results on Emby or Plex User.

Edited by Happy2Play

tidusjar

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.

Ok regarding the newsletter, It looks like there are still a few teething issues. Who ever has issues with the newsletter can you please post an issue on Github with some logs showing any sort of crash/exception thrown then I can fix it (It's easier to tract issues on Github rather than on this thread).

Secondly we should not be showing that the Emby users are Plex users... 

I also see Plex User. I have also noticed that most references to Emby have been reverted to Plex throughout the UI as well as the various emails.

References to Emby are now showing as Plex?

Can you please go into your settings and check if Plex is enabled? I know this was a bug when people were installing as It was auto enabling it.

Also i'd like to thank everyone for reporting things and helping improve Ombi, I know there are a few bugs but changing Ombi from Plex only to Emby was quite a big change and it's gone better than expected (Even with all of the reported issues!).

Thanks!

• Like 3

Happy2Play

We appreciate all the hard work.

Can you please go into your settings and check if Plex is enabled? I know this was a bug when people were installing as It was auto enabling it.

Deleted and reinstalled today and Plex is still enabled even though I choose Emby during setup of 2.1.1412.  Had to disable Plex after setup.  I assume newsletter are not sent do to User type:.  Not seeing anything in the log.  Test emails to admin works fine, just don't know if the CRON job is actually firing?

Is the CRON job done off GMT or local time?

Do I need to change logging level to debug?

Blueeyiz702

Scheduler settings for Emby in Ombi,how are they supposed to be set?

Sent from my Rooted Z987 on the Deathstar via Tapatalk

Happy2Play

Scheduler settings for Emby in Ombi,how are they supposed to be set?

Depends on how often you want Ombi checking Emby.

tidusjar

We appreciate all the hard work.

Deleted and reinstalled today and Plex is still enabled even though I choose Emby during setup of 2.1.1412.  Had to disable Plex after setup.  I assume newsletter are not sent do to User type:.  Not seeing anything in the log.  Test emails to admin works fine, just don't know if the CRON job is actually firing?

Is the CRON job done off GMT or local time?

Do I need to change logging level to debug?

Yeah there is a database migration that is running (it shouldn't be) to enable plex...

So if Plex is enabled then we try and access the plex sever to get the content, that is probably why it's not sending.

CRON job is running on Local time IIRC.

Blueeyiz702

Depends on how often you want Ombi checking Emby.

whats default or best?

Yeah there is a database migration that is running (it shouldn't be) to enable plex...

So if Plex is enabled then we try and access the plex sever to get the content, that is probably why it's not sending.

CRON job is running on Local time IIRC.

Happy2Play

I don't have Plex so nothing to access.  Not sure if the issue of my Users being recognized as Plex Users instead of Emby Users is the newsletter issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

whats default or best?

I set mine to 60 for the tasks in minutes and 1 for the ones in hours.

Blueeyiz702

I set mine to 60 for the tasks in minutes and 1 for the ones in hours.

thanks sounds good ill use those.

CBers

thanks sounds good ill use those.

Don't forget to restart OMBI to pick up the new settings.

Could do with SHUTDOWN and RESTART options within Ombi :)

• Like 1