Ombi for Emby

SuperPotatoMen

Diedrich

Question: I have approved movies and tv shows. I see the filters but I don't see a filter for not showing approved requests. Am I misunderstanding the UI or is this function missing?

tidusjar

Question: I have approved movies and tv shows. I see the filters but I don't see a filter for not showing approved requests. Am I misunderstanding the UI or is this function missing?

There is a filter for not approved?

Also i'll take a look into your issue

Diedrich

There is a filter for not approved?

Also i'll take a look into your issue

I thought "Not Approved" meant that it would filter requests that were NOT approved (rejected) - rather than: "I haven't got to this yet".

Edited by dvgmar

Diedrich

I'll be frank. I don't see the point of communicating with Emby. You could set the media folder locations (movies, tv, music) and scan the available media as Sonarr, CP/Radarr and Headphones do. It feels like Emby is the middle-man. You can create your own Ombi users/logins to allow access. Am I missing the point of Plex/Emby integration? It feels redundant.

That's assuming the media is file system based. What if it's hidden behind some other protocol. Ombi would have to build all of that on its own when it could instead not worry about it and just use the emby api.

And your proposal would also mean ombi would have to deal with all the different file and naming structures that people use. That's probably not what they want to be spending their time on when the media servers do that already.

• Like 3

Blueeyiz702

so let me ask, do you login with same name you use for emby? And is there a guide that explains how to set everything up?

Sent from my Rooted Z987 on the Deathstar via Tapatalk

Edited by blueeyiz7021

CBers

so let me ask, do you login with same name you use for emby? And is there a guide that explains how to set everything up?

Hi @.

As an Admin, you use the Admin account that you set up on install. This is where you would approve user requests, reset password and set up your services and users.

Then, you can log in with one of your Emby accounts, once they have been imported into Ombi.

Of the services in Ombi, how many do you have setup already?

Whatever you have, you just enter the details as per each page, taken from the service you have running, especially the API key for each one.

Hope that makes sense.

Blueeyiz702

Hi @.

As an Admin, you use the Admin account that you set up on install. This is where you would approve user requests, reset password and set up your services and users.

Then, you can log in with one of your Emby accounts, once they have been imported into Ombi.

Whatever you have, you just enter the details as per each page, taken from the service you have running, especially the API key for each one.

Hope that makes sense.

it does,what is base url?

CBers

it does,what is base url?

I think you only need that if you're running something like IIS or XAMPP with multiple services.

If not, then leave it blank, I have.

Blueeyiz702

I think you only need that if you're running something like IIS or XAMPP with multiple services.

If not, then leave it blank, I have.

ok, thanks.

shorty1483

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44267-ombi-for-emby/?p=417623

All the things mentioned in here are fixed I havent retested newsletter yet. Thank you. Now just waiting on a place for that custom art file ;)

Edit: I did get around to testing the newsletter again, still getting this message in the email received. "This email is only available on devices that support HTML."

Since the update to 2.1.1407, I get that too. Before it worked on gmail.

This is the error:

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: M. Path '', line 0, position 0. bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue() bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read() bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings) bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings) bei Ombi.Api.ApiRequest.ExecuteJson[T](IRestRequest request, Uri baseUri) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Api\ApiRequest.cs:Zeile 120. bei Ombi.Api.EmbyApi.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.b__2() in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Api\EmbyApi.cs:Zeile 157. bei Polly.Policy.<>c__DisplayClass8_0`1.b__0() bei Polly.RetrySyntax.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.b__1() bei Polly.Retry.RetryEngine.Implementation[TResult](Func`1 action, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryExceptionPredicates, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryResultPredicates, Func`1 policyStateFactory) bei Polly.RetrySyntax.<>c__DisplayClass14_1.b__0(Action action, Context context) bei Polly.Policy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 action, Context context) bei Ombi.Api.EmbyApi.GetInformation(String mediaId, EmbyMediaType type, String apiKey, String userId, Uri baseUri) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Api\EmbyApi.cs:Zeile 154. bei Ombi.Services.Jobs.RecentlyAddedNewsletter.EmbyAddedNewsletter.GetHtml(Boolean test) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Services\Jobs\RecentlyAddedNewsletter\EmbyRecentlyAddedNewsletter.cs:Zeile 132. bei Ombi.Services.Jobs.RecentlyAddedNewsletter.EmbyAddedNewsletter.GetNewsletterHtml(Boolean test) in C:\projects\requestplex\Ombi.Services\Jobs\RecentlyAddedNewsletter\EmbyRecentlyAddedNewsletter.cs:Zeile 82.

Spaceboy

hi, i can't seem to set my users permissions, so i can't stop series being auto added to sonarr without admin approval. i found the settings that are default for new users added and i can see the admin account listed in the user management screen, but no other accounts. I have logged in, made requests and submitted issues in this users name but he isnt listed. my ombi admin account seems to have full permissions, my admin account in emby was also called admin, not sure if this may have caused an issue?

otherwise this is great work so far!

i think the issue is that i can't see how to properly pull the users from emby to ombi, although i can still log into Ombi with those users

solved, even though i had emby configured plex was still enabled. once disabled, all good

Edited by Spaceboy

PhyberApex

That's assuming the media is file system based. What if it's hidden behind some other protocol. Ombi would have to build all of that on its own when it could instead not worry about it and just use the emby api.

And your proposal would also mean ombi would have to deal with all the different file and naming structures that people use. That's probably not what they want to be spending their time on when the media servers do that already.

I can only second this. I use emby because to cater all the meta info to my files. As I have some weird naming scheme and all that. It would be a major pain to get multiple systems on a synced state.

~Cheers

Spaceboy

ok, i have everything working apart from email notifications. its all set up and tests confirm this but no emails are sent. i'm using gmail, also tried gmx. does anyone have it working?

Happy2Play

Just input all information for gmail and tested to myself and received test message.

CBers

ok, i have everything working apart from email notifications. its all set up and tests confirm this but no emails are sent. i'm using gmail, also tried gmx. does anyone have it working?

Are your users set up to receive emails?

Overseer

Hi @.

Hope that makes sense.

How are Emby users imported into Ombi?  I've run the Emby User Checker job a couple of times but don't see my Emby users in the User Management tab.  Ombi is properly connected to Emby using Emby's API.

Overseer

It also contains the functionality of the "newsletter", so this will send an email to all your users with the "Newsletter" feature with a list of Movies and Episodes added to Emby.

The next time it runs (it's set to run every monday by default) it will check for new items since the last email! 

Is this configurable or hardcoded.  Would like to get the Newsletter on Thursday/Friday before the weekend instead of after the weekend.  Would make for weekend Emby watching planning nicer.

• Like 2

CBers

How are Emby users imported into Ombi? I've run the Emby User Checker job a couple of times but don't see my Emby users in the User Management tab. Ombi is properly connected to Emby using Emby's API.

What branch are you on, Stable, Early Access or Development?

Overseer

Ok, it appears that my Emby users can log in, but they do not show up under the User Management tab when I log in locally as an admin.  Is this as expected or is something messed up?

Thanks.

tidusjar

Overseer, that is not expected. Are they local Emby users or linked users?

Also the newsletter is customisable, it uses a CRON schedule in the settings

• Like 1