Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

Hi

Hmm I am having the same issues across all themes. Perhaps this is a core bug?

Since Chocolate doesn't have a "Last Played" tile or function I'm not sure exactly what the issue is.  Can someone explain in detail?

AdrianW

Since Chocolate doesn't have a "Last Played" tile or function I'm not sure exactly what the issue is.  Can someone explain in detail?

I'm only seeing this with Square (as you say Chocolate doesn't have "Last Played" and neither does Classic).

On Square - selecting the "Last Played" movie - goes to the movies details page and everything except the overview text is displayed.

I've also noticed that the on screen play button doesn't work and that if the movie has a trailer then the trailer button doesn't appear.

xXSagaiaXx

Is there anyway for all the posters to be all the same size. I have different sized posters displaying in "Poster" view and there's to much of a gap between them.

AdrianW

The Last Played item now shows the overview and trailer button (if applicable). And the play and trailer buttons work - great work there @@ebr - thanks.

ST - extremely simple to implement.  Application.OtherAvailableUsers will give you a list of UserItems and then it is UserItem.IsAlsoHere = true/false;

However, I'm not sure exactly when the next MBC release will be.  I will probably hold off at least a week due to the server release probably going out this weekend.

xXSagaiaXx

Here is what I mean. With Square theme I get this with the posters:

530ff2a0a3d78_Square.png

Notice the separation between the posters and how their different sized.

With Neo theme it always shows up like this automatically:

530ff32252ed4_Neo.png

Is there some setting that I'm not using? Also, is there a way to have the summery on the left side to always show up. I have to set it again if I go into a box set or another category.

MrFlibbles

I already see end time and media icons on the TV detail view.

2rU4zws.png

@@Soultaker Would it be possible to have media detail icons and end time display on the series detail view and not just episode detail view? i.e. could we have those details appear on the screen below?:

531185f003617_SquareSeriesdetailviewsm.j

xXSagaiaXx

Okay. I got this fixed. I just increased the size of the posters then decreased then they got fixed.

Here is what I mean. With Square theme I get this with the posters:

530ff2a0a3d78_Square.png

Notice the separation between the posters and how their different sized.

With Neo theme it always shows up like this automatically:

530ff32252ed4_Neo.png

Is there some setting that I'm not using? Also, is there a way to have the summery on the left side to always show up. I have to set it again if I go into a box set or another category.

• Like 1

Hey @@Soultaker any chance of you looking at poster/folder aspect ratios? They're now all stretched to the same size where they didn't used to be. A choice to honour aspect ratios or not would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Lee

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

Hi re movies in the movie folder, in square is their any way to have the movie name listed above or under the poster?

• 2 weeks later...
MrFlibbles

Is Soultaker still around the place? He was previously quite active on this thread but has not responded to a number of questions for a while now.

Soultaker

@@Soultaker Would it be possible to have media detail icons and end time display on the series detail view and not just episode detail view? i.e. could we have those details appear on the screen below?:

Sure, I'll have a look and see if it feels right.

Hi re movies in the movie folder, in square is their any way to have the movie name listed above or under the poster?

Not presently... Hmmm I'll have a think about this request.

Is Soultaker still around the place? He was previously quite active on this thread but has not responded to a number of questions for a while now.

Ahh I am around just busy with real-life, as I'm preparing for a three-week exile in the land of no electricity. I have many things to do before then. :)

ronvp

I just noticed that I do not see the Thumbs.jpg when in movie by Genre view. All I get is the backdrop.jpg. This is in thumb view. 

MrFlibbles

Sure, I'll have a look and see if it feels right.

Not presently... Hmmm I'll have a think about this request.

Ahh I am around just busy with real-life, as I'm preparing for a three-week exile in the land of no electricity. I have many things to do before then. :)

Great to hear. Thanks for the reply.

Enjoy (?) your exile :)

Deihmos

I like this theme, its really smooth and fast. On other themes when I press page up it goes to the next video but with this theme it scrolls the page.

In the config what does enable next up for tv and display overview do? I don't see any effect from them.

Edited by Deihmos

xXSagaiaXx

Redshirt recommended that one could ask you soultaker that you could add into square theme the ability to use multi disc games when accessing video game roms.

Please.

Thanks,

S.

Ok so I gather @@Soultaker is going away, but when you come back. Specials don't display for me in MBC with square. Fine in the dashboard

• 2 weeks later...
techywarrior

Hopefully when ST gets back we can get some updates again for this theme. MBC added the "also here/watching" feature but it doesn't work in Square. It displays but you can't really do anything with it.

I'd also really like it if when you load or go back that it didn't put the cursor on the top menu. At least in my experience, you are more likely to want to navigate in the main area (browse, newest, latest, etc.) and not keep changing the section (movies, tv, music, etc.)