Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

Soultaker

I'd forgotten all about the localisation settings. I tried changing a couple, but everytime I run MBC the xml file gets replaced with the original contents.

Assuming this is the correct file: "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Localization\Square-strings-en.xml"

I think there is a bug in the default template, will update.

Fixed some minor bugs in 1.2.5.1

Edited by Soultaker

jasonmcroy

I think there is a bug in the default template, will update.

Fixed some minor bugs in 1.2.5.1

Hi Soultaker.

I just opened MBC and it updated your theme. I then went to restart as instructed and now MBC will not open. I was using it earlier today with no problems before this last update.

Here is my MBC log: http://paste2.org/dCjPkz84

I am not sure if that is the log you would need. Let me know if you need something else.

Thanks. 

(Love the theme by the way!)

It is my birthday today, and what do you know, the greatest b-day gift, a square update! So sweeeet!

Hi Soultaker.

I just opened MBC and it updated your theme. I then went to restart as instructed and now MBC will not open. I was using it earlier today with no problems before this last update.

Here is my MBC log: http://paste2.org/dCjPkz84

I am not sure if that is the log you would need. Let me know if you need something else.

Thanks. 

(Love the theme by the way!)

Just a shot in the dark but if ST made changes to any of the normal style or font files and you have a customized one you will probably need to remove your customized one or make sure it includes any changes that were made.

jasonmcroy

Just a shot in the dark but if ST made changes to any of the normal style or font files and you have a customized one you will probably need to remove your customized one or make sure it includes any changes that were made.

As far as I know I haven't made any of my own changes. I do use Media Themer to change the background for MCE. Is that where you mean that I could have any font file changes? 

Soultaker

can you look at the event viewer and do you see any errors under media center? can you post those?

Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs -> Media Center

Edit*

@@jasonmcroy I'm hanging out in chat for a little while if u are available.

Edited by Soultaker

jasonmcroy

can you look at the event viewer and do you see any errors under media center? can you post those?

Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs -> Media Center

Edit*

@@jasonmcroy I'm hanging out in chat for a little while if u are available.

Here is what I could find: http://paste2.org/jxO4cg3Y

I have never used these logs before so not sure if it's the one you want.

Based on that log - that version of Square requires MBC 121+.  Jason, you are probably not on the dev version of MBC.

ST - I went ahead and updated the required MBC version for your last release of Square.  Not to get in front of you but wanted to stop anyone else on 117 from getting it.

jasonmcroy

Ok. I am not on Dev version. On Beta updates setting.

@@ebr I will try that first.

@@Soultaker if above doesn't work I will reinstall and try that. Gotta run out the door right now. I will be back in about an hour to try it out.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Soultaker

ST - I went ahead and updated the required MBC version for your last release of Square.  Not to get in front of you but wanted to stop anyone else on 117 from getting it.

Yea I caught that early, or at least I thought I did. Which is why I was wondering about some sort of caching mechanism going on.

How big should the icons be for Library Folders inorder to fill the entire "Browse.." square on the EHS?

Soultaker

How big should the icons be for Library Folders inorder to fill the entire "Browse.." square on the EHS?

You can't fill it as there is padding of 10px along all borders, and more so on the bottom

You can't fill it as there is padding of 10px along all borders, and more so on the bottom

That would explain it...

Great Job!

jasonmcroy

Ok, here is my update:

I just updated MBC using the Dev update selection and now everything is working just fine! (I love the new Plugins section in the configuration area)

Should I set the update selection back to Beta?

Thanks for the quick help from both ebr and soultaker on this one. I am glad it was an easy fix!

-Jason

I tested and mostly like this theme. To buy it, there must be an option to hide the user icon. It makes no sense (in my personal implementation of MBServer and MBC and MB Android) to have various users on a common server but different clients (logging in automatically to their own library) if they can access the other libraries within a theme's interface.

Edited by iam4uk

moviefan

I tested and mostly like this theme. To buy it, there must be an option to hide the user icon. It makes no sense to have various users on a common server but different clients (logging in automatically to their own library) if they can access the other libraries within a theme's interface.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I really dont understand why this makes no sense to you.  I think it is nice to be able to switch between profiles within the client.

What if my Wife and I would like to have different collections displayed or something shown in a different way?

If your issue is the security concerns then put passwords on the accounts.  Forcing people to use the configurator to make the change is not really any security at all.

Best security includes the option of having profiles/libraries on the server that a client will not see and have no awareness of.

Best security includes the option of having profiles/libraries on the server that a client will not see and have no awareness of.

You can do this.  Simply select the Hide this user option on the server.

If I hide a user, then the one user who should be able to access multiple profiles at login cannot do so.

moviefan

If I hide a user, then the one user who should be able to access multiple profiles at login cannot do so.

Security through obscurity is not "best security."

So you are okay with the ability to close and open the client to choose a different profile but having an icon to do the same thing is somehow less secure?

I still think this is a useful feature that other people can find function for.  I suppose the theme creators could make an option to disable this but that would be up to them and maybe we can see if this is something that other users would support.

Personally I prefer the ability to change from within the theme and will just use a password once my son is old enough to be able to do any of this stuff himself.

moviefan, I must not have successfully explained the setup, and it really does not matter. (But closing and opening the client won't do what you suggest on the clients I have set up for which I want "security through obscurity.") 

I want a theme that does not include the user icon.  Obviously, it is up to the theme creator to have or not have it.  It is up to me to buy or not buy, so I hope it is valuable feedback to ST that I would purchase SQUARE if and only if I can disable the user icon.

moviefan

Understood.  I guess I was just responding to the "it makes no sense" comment the whole time because I think it makes sense and is a useful function.   ;)

But I can see how this could be your preference and you'd like to see it implemented.

Edited by moviefan
  • Like 1