Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

I found and error ST:

When I try and select an actors image to see what other movies he/she stars in, MBC crashes.

moviefan

I found and error ST:

When I try and select an actors image to see what other movies he/she stars in, MBC crashes.

This is actually a general problem with MBC it seems. @@ebr

I had it happen to me recently when using Harmony and just chalked it up to old theme.

Just tested and had same thing happen with both Classic and Chocolate themes as well.

Edit : created a separate thread for this issue here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/4530-mbc-crashes-when-selecting-actor-to-see-other-movies/

I knew this happened in throgsoft themes, it only recently started happening since the last update from mbc and square.

I will join the discussion thread you have posted.

Thanks moviefan :)

Edited by chef

AdrianW

@@Soultaker - the latest build fixes the localisation issue I was having. So changes I make to the file "Square-strings-en.xml" are now persistent.

But, I did notice that the value for "<Square_EHS_RAL_Button>" does not seem to be used, as it looks like Square is using the hard coded string: "Click to change list".

Oh, and thanks for fixing the aspect ratio of the small backdrops to 16:9 instead of 16:10. They look a lot better now.

Edited by AdrianW

Soultaker

@@Soultaker - the latest build fixes the localisation issue I was having. So changes I make to the file "Square-strings-en.xml" are now persistent.

But, I did notice that the value for "<Square_EHS_RAL_Button>" does not seem to be used, as it looks like Square is using the hard coded string: "Click to change list".

Oh, and thanks for fixing the aspect ratio of the small backdrops to 16:9 instead of 16:10. They look a lot better now.

I'll investigate that and if needed will probably be rolled into a future update.

AdrianW

When I was looking through the various strings that could be localised, I noticed one called "<Square_EHS_RAL_InProgress>" - but "IN PROGRESS: never appears when cycling through the RAL options. Is that an upcoming feature? Or something you decided against implementing?

Also, I've noticed that when initially entering MBC from Media Center - the "Last Played" square is not usually populated until a short while later. If I press enter on "Last Played" whilst it is still empty I receive the  "Unable to launch "media browser 3" error:

66bjoUr.png

Edited by AdrianW

Love the latest version (v1.2.5.1). thanks for fixing the focus

Small bug, I note that the View menu option can not be selected using a mouse..it works ok with keyboard or remote..

Question: What exactly is "one tv"? I have been trying to find out what it does or what it means. I have enabled it, but see no other options or obvious changes in layout..

Soultaker

Love the latest version (v1.2.5.1). thanks for fixing the focus

Small bug, I note that the View menu option can not be selected using a mouse..it works ok with keyboard or remote..

Whilst it may be partially hidden by the back and green button, I don't think it completely is as you can slide your pointer to the right a little bit and still click on it.

Question: What exactly is "one tv"? I have been trying to find out what it does or what it means. I have enabled it, but see no other options or obvious changes in layout..

You'll find some info here http://www.soulsarmy.com/

Whilst it may be partially hidden by the back and green button, I don't think it completely is as you can slide your pointer to the right a little bit and still click on it.

It is on the top right side of the screen and not hidden at all. I just noticed if press the bottom half it works OK, it must be caused by windows "windows size" buttons.

ronvp, on 06 Feb 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:snapback.png

Just noticed why it did not work properly. I still had all my libraries set for "Mixed content" After I changed that, it all works as expected..

Soultaker

When I was looking through the various strings that could be localised, I noticed one called "<Square_EHS_RAL_InProgress>" - but "IN PROGRESS: never appears when cycling through the RAL options. Is that an upcoming feature? Or something you decided against implementing?

Also, I've noticed that when initially entering MBC from Media Center - the "Last Played" square is not usually populated until a short while later. If I press enter on "Last Played" whilst it is still empty I receive the  "Unable to launch "media browser 3" error:

66bjoUr.png

Square_EHS_RAL_Button was a bug.

Square_EHS_RAL_InProgress is correctly working, may be u arent using this feature can be found in the general settings.

"In-Progress" is a variation on the Watched list.  Turning on the option gives you in progress instead of watched. 

• Like 1

AdrianW

"In-Progress" is a variation on the Watched list.  Turning on the option gives you in progress instead of watched. 

Ah, OK - I hadn't noticed that option. It actually sounds much more useful than watched - I'll turn it on when I get home from work.

Cheesegeezer

66bjoUr.png

You need to enable the InProgress Feature in the the main Config.  On Page one there is a checkbox under the system header with an option like "Make Watched to In-Progress" This will then show all your resumable media files. :D

I can not get square to pickup/show the Genre thumb.jpg or the landscape.jpg files. I tried both. The web client shows it fine. This happens for both the Movies by Genre collection (MBC build in) or the genre view from square. I can get square to pull in the background.jpg with some labels, but the genre thumb look much better.. The Folder.jpg's are showing and so do the backgrounds, just not the thumb.jpg or the landscape.jpg. See below...

This what it looks like in the web client

52f4edd4c3bc4_Capture2.jpg

And this is what I get in MBC.

52f4ec696cd1b_Capture.jpg

Most themes use the primary image (folder.jpg).  What happens if you copy the thumb.jpg to folder.jpg?

Most themes use the primary image (folder.jpg).  What happens if you copy the thumb.jpg to folder.jpg?

That does work, but it does not look as good. The folder.jpg does not get the same treatment as a thumb. It is a good intermediate solution though..

Correction, that is not a good solution, in Square, the Genre view and the collection view share the same view settings. Thus if  I rename my folder.jpg to thumb.jpg and for them to show up I need to set my view to "Folder" and that is fine for the Genre, but then the collection view also switches to folder view, so I can not get my collection view to show thumbs..

It does work for the MBC "By genre" view, because that has its own view configuration..

I think for square to show the landscape.jpg in genre view, it may need a fix or feature added..

Edited by ronvp

Cheesegeezer

That does work, but it does not look as good. The folder.jpg does not get the same treatment as a thumb. It is a good intermediate solution though..

Correction, that is not a good solution, in Square, the Genre view and the collection view share the same view settings. Thus if  I rename my folder.jpg to thumb.jpg and for them to show up I need to set my view to "Folder" and that is fine for the Genre, but then the collection view also switches to folder view, so I can not get my collection view to show thumbs..

It does work for the MBC "By genre" view, because that has its own view configuration..

I think for square to show the landscape.jpg in genre view, it may need a fix or feature added..

You do know you can select what artwork is displayed in Square?  

in the slide out menu, try selecting thumb ;)

You do know you can select what artwork is displayed in Square?  

in the slide out menu, try selecting thumb ;)

yes, I do know :o  but square does not support the genre thumb.jpg or the genre landscape.jpg..

MrFlibbles

On the details view for TV, is there a way to display end time and media icons like on the movies details page?

wally007

Hello,

I'm used to modifying Plex/XBMC skins to take out information from the screen that does not interest me or my family ( my family couldnt care less whether certain movie/episode is 1080/720 or studio flow or ratings or how many stars etc ).

Is MBC or Square 'modifiable' in this way ? I'd like to remove checkboxes, studios/watched/ratings flags etc. & to try it on livingroom HTPC and see what kids and girlfriend say about it :-)

AdrianW

@@Soultaker - I don't think there's anything you can do about this, but I'll explain it anyway:

I have a TV collection and a Cartoons collection - the Cartoons collection consists of stuff like Family Guy, Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, etc. which are still classed as TV shows.

So, on the square EHS, I can scroll between TV shows, Cartoons, Movies, etc. But, when I select Cartoons or TV Shows I get the exact same set of "Next Up" episodes - which looks a bit weird when live action shows appear in my Cartoons collection.

I realise that the server only has the "Next Up" functionality for anything defined as TV shows (which is what Cartoons are) - so I can see that this wouldn't be easy to fix.

Maybe filtering the list of Next Up items by collection before displaying them would be possible? Or would that need to happen at the server end?