Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

techywarrior

I see, well if anyone has any "specials" I can borrow to test with that would be useful.

ST, just take any valid video file, put it in a folder called "specials" in a movie folder and you'll see it appear in the web client. (may need a library scan first)

If you want a real special I could upload one or something so PM me.

Yogi

Movie specials are implemented in the Chocolate theme already.

Edited by Yogi

Soultaker

ST, just take any valid video file, put it in a folder called "specials" in a movie folder and you'll see it appear in the web client. (may need a library scan first)

If you want a real special I could upload one or something so PM me.

Sure but I wanted to see what the metadata coming back for real special is, instead of my fake "test-special.avi"

heula

After using a NEO for a long time I had to change themes when NEO did no longer work properly with MB3. My last used theme was Chocolate which is really good but yesterday I installed and looked at Square theme. My first impression was WOW this looks a lot like NEO but then even better and went testing.

For sure I'm going to buy Square but a few things I saw I want to comment to.

* Love the one tv option with next up, newest and last added but it seems to be in that order and is not changeable in order for as far as I have seen. It would be nice if we can change tis order to our own.

Square%20comments%201.jpg

* Upcoming tv is a nice feature but I won't get images here. Any reason why this could be?

Square%20comments%202.jpg

* When I go the an episode in One TV and hit it to get in the episode screen the focus is on the full screen for the TV Theme instead of the play button. Can the focus be on the play button by default? The play button will be focused automaticly after the TV Theme has ended.

Square%20comments%203.jpg

Square%20comments%205.jpg

Square%20comments%206.jpg

* When coming back from an episode screen (in this case a Bitten episode screen) I end up at the beginning of the series list instead of where I was (at the serie Bitten)

Can the focus stay where we were?

Square%20comments%207.jpg

This is what I noticed so far.

Thanks for making another great theme! 

• Like 1

Lee

Sorry I'm late back into this, the metadata isn't really pulled (i don't think!) you just have "special features" with the titles. I'll do a screen grab in a minute!!

Lee

surely 1.63kb can't be right for uploads? I can't shrink a screengrab that small!!!

Correct, specials don't have any metadata.

ST - in Chocolate, I show them as thumbs just like chapters or actors.

Soultaker

After using a NEO for a long time I had to change themes when NEO did no longer work properly with MB3. My last used theme was Chocolate which is really good but yesterday I installed and looked at Square theme. My first impression was WOW this looks a lot like NEO but then even better and went testing.

For sure I'm going to buy Square but a few things I saw I want to comment to.

* Love the one tv option with next up, newest and last added but it seems to be in that order and is not changeable in order for as far as I have seen. It would be nice if we can change tis order to our own.

Square%20comments%201.jpg

* Upcoming tv is a nice feature but I won't get images here. Any reason why this could be?

Square%20comments%202.jpg

* When I go the an episode in One TV and hit it to get in the episode screen the focus is on the full screen for the TV Theme instead of the play button. Can the focus be on the play button by default? The play button will be focused automaticly after the TV Theme has ended.

Square%20comments%203.jpg

Square%20comments%205.jpg

Square%20comments%206.jpg

* When coming back from an episode screen (in this case a Bitten episode screen) I end up at the beginning of the series list instead of where I was (at the serie Bitten)

Can the focus stay where we were?

Square%20comments%207.jpg

This is what I noticed so far.

Thanks for making another great theme! 

Hi Heula,

Lots of good feedback there, I'll try and address them in order.

1) Order of EHS tabs are not changeable and I have no plans to do that. (just a lot of work for little gains)

2) Upcoming TV is not showing images because the server core has changed, I have a fix for this but I am waiting for a release build of MBC.

3) Yes there is a focus bug with the full screen button, it bothers me too, I will try to fix this one.

4) Unfortunately because of the complexities of the One TV view I havent found a good solution for this one. I will keep trying but it's not an easy problem to solve. :(

Thx for the kind words.

chef

Soultaker? is that you? I thought you fell in, man.... <-- jokes....

Good to see you here and there....

• Like 1

Soultaker

@@Lee / ebr / red / techy / yogi & everyone else who helped me out with the specials, I've got them working pretty nicely.

june-specials.png

• Like 3

techywarrior

Very cool. Looking forward to the next version of MBC with Ebr's new player, and Square with specials :)

• Like 1

heula

Hi Heula,

Lots of good feedback there, I'll try and address them in order.

1) Order of EHS tabs are not changeable and I have no plans to do that. (just a lot of work for little gains)

2) Upcoming TV is not showing images because the server core has changed, I have a fix for this but I am waiting for a release build of MBC.

3) Yes there is a focus bug with the full screen button, it bothers me too, I will try to fix this one.

4) Unfortunately because of the complexities of the One TV view I havent found a good solution for this one. I will keep trying but it's not an easy problem to solve. :(

Thx for the kind words.

Thanks ST and good to have you back here!

MrFlibbles

So as MBC 3.0.182 beta is now out, is the updated Square now available or does MBC need to hit release first?

Soultaker

Eager eh? Well I can't blame ya, new version is out. Need at least MBC v170+

Details can be found in the first post.

• Like 4

MrFlibbles

Eager? What gave it away? :)

Great release Soultaker, looks and works great.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
JMGNYC

I've recently started using Square instead of NEO. I like it quite a lot but I've got 2 questions (at least so far).

1. How do I get the played indicator to show up in details view but not in other views. This used to work in NEO.

2. When a movie doesn't have a logo graphic the title is displayed in the info panel. However it is too dark compared to the gray background and is difficult to see. I tried downloading SquareCustomStules.mcml to the C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\ folder but I cannot figure out which setting controls this. In fact, making changes to any of the settings actually does nothing. Am I missing something basic here?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...