Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

AdrianW

@@Soultaker - At the moment in One TV - when I cursor right into the next section (e.g. from Show to Season list, or from Season to Episode list), the cursor just moves to the closest item - any chance of it moving to the first unwatched item instead?

Also, I love the episode view of One TV (showing all the thumbs along with titles, and the overview for the selected item) so it would be fantastic if that view could be added as an option for the regular episode list view.

At the moment four of the episode list views (coverflow, poster, thumb and thumb strip) look very similar (except for the size and shape of the thumb) and are basically unusable due to no visibility of the episode number or title. But Detail and the One TV view are both fantastic. Maybe replace the current Thumb view with the One TV view (which is a type of Thumb view).

Edited by AdrianW

MrWebsmith

@@Soultaker

a tiny admin thing... mbc on all my systems is showing square as expired.. but my key has that as purchased and its entered into the mbs properly.. can you or @@ebr check on that for me when you have a sec?

or let me know what screens/logs/info would help you?

MrWebsmith

yep.. and the ticker in mbc itself... did a remove/install as well wondering if i had to do that to have it recheck the key

Starkadius

I have noticed for a while now since first using the Square theme how when going to the genres, the icons look a bit fuzzy? I ignored it at first thinking it was just my imagination but it kept bothering me so I compared the genre views on the other themes and it is a visible difference in quality. Does anyone else see this on their end or is this theme so awesomely good that my eyes turn frail the moment I start using MBC with this theme?

These are uncompressed screenshots of the Genre sections.

Square Theme

th_square_zps1d76d747.png

Neo Theme

th_neo_zps9352c539.png

Chocolate Theme

th_chocolate_zpse520ea9f.png

Soultaker

@@Soultaker - At the moment in One TV - when I cursor right into the next section (e.g. from Show to Season list, or from Season to Episode list), the cursor just moves to the closest item - any chance of it moving to the first unwatched item instead?

Also, I love the episode view of One TV (showing all the thumbs along with titles, and the overview for the selected item) so it would be fantastic if that view could be added as an option for the regular episode list view.

At the moment four of the episode list views (coverflow, poster, thumb and thumb strip) look very similar (except for the size and shape of the thumb) and are basically unusable due to no visibility of the episode number or title. But Detail and the One TV view are both fantastic. Maybe replace the current Thumb view with the One TV view (which is a type of Thumb view).

Well funny you should mention that, I've been working on the One TV logic and I have the automatic focus on unwatched item working in principle. Unfortunately I got no testing person to verify it so I'm a bit undermanned at the moment.

I'm tweaking the summary panel with respect to the standard views by adding more episode specific data (this was an enhancement that didnt make it in the previous release), however, I wont be bringing in the One TV stuff (simply not compatible).

Summary-box-episode.jpg

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

Web - I don't see your supporter key actually attached to a machine.  Make sure you entered it properly.

ok i just re-entered the mb3 supporter key (top field) onto the supporter tab in mbs server.. it told me that i had confirm/saved/updated the key.. no errors..

@@ebr can you recheck on your end when you have a sec

as an aside that may be at play.. my email changed and i think i had to link 2 different mb3 keys.. but now the email for the key i just reentered above says both CA 4 and square in its products message body

Edited by MrWebsmith

Soultaker

I have noticed for a while now since first using the Square theme how when going to the genres, the icons look a bit fuzzy? I ignored it at first thinking it was just my imagination but it kept bothering me so I compared the genre views on the other themes and it is a visible difference in quality. Does anyone else see this on their end or is this theme so awesomely good that my eyes turn frail the moment I start using MBC with this theme?

These are uncompressed screenshots of the Genre sections.

Square Theme

th_square_zps1d76d747.png

Neo Theme

th_neo_zps9352c539.png

Chocolate Theme

th_chocolate_zpse520ea9f.png

Yes you are correct, in my zeal to extract maximum performance I overlooked the focused cover. I'll have that sorted for the next release.

• Like 1

MrFlibbles

On the details view for TV, is there a way to display end time and media icons like on the movies details page?

Is there any chance that "I'm tweaking the summary panel with respect to the standard views by adding more episode specific data" means it will include the info I listed above? *crosses fingers*

AdrianW

Is there any chance that "I'm tweaking the summary panel with respect to the standard views by adding more episode specific data" means it will include the info I listed above? *crosses fingers*

I already see end time and media icons on the TV detail view.

2rU4zws.png

AdrianW

Well funny you should mention that, I've been working on the One TV logic and I have the automatic focus on unwatched item working in principle. Unfortunately I got no testing person to verify it so I'm a bit undermanned at the moment.

I'm tweaking the summary panel with respect to the standard views by adding more episode specific data (this was an enhancement that didn't make it in the previous release), however, I wont be bringing in the One TV stuff (simply not compatible).

I'm more than happy to test stuff for you.

Any chance of a vertical scrolling episode list with thumbs and episode numbers though? It doesn't have to be exactly like the One TV view - but something similar?

One thing that you may want to tweak a bit - on the EHS, if I scroll a particular collection far to the right and then change sections back to "Apps & Settings" then I can end up with a blank screen (everything is scrolled off the left hand side). I can get it back by cursoring down and then hitting left a couple of times, but it does look a little strange when nothing is showing initially.

MrFlibbles

I already see end time and media icons on the TV detail view.

2rU4zws.png

Sweet then, guess I need to check my update level :) Cheers.

{Edit} Ah, I see what has happened. I was referring to the series detail view (listing all episodes from the series) not the episode detail view.

Edited by MrFlibbles

AdrianW

How do you get these colored tiles that are circled?

I had these on MB2, they're a bunch of png files that are placed in the ImagesByName folder: (ImagesByName/MediaInfo/All).

You can download the images from  here: MediaInfo Icon Sets (I think I'm using the Colour Diamond style).

There's some others here.

has some filter logic been added to alter the aspect ratio of dvd's and blu-ray's ? the used to show up as a different size (which I like) now they're all the same (which I don't like!) can we have this as a choice if this is the case please i'd rather respect aspect ratios, especially as I've painstakingly maintained them exactly to 1/1.34....

I also noticed I've been having a few issues with resume play, works if I browse to the film and then try it but doesn't if I try directly from the "last watched" panel??

I tried to replicate and got no resumes... possible server issue I can upload logs if required.

I'm more interested in the aspect ratios though!!!!!

browned

Is it just me or do other people have issues when trying to resume or play an item from the last played tile? Also once the last played has been selected and the media details page is displayed but the movie overview is not displayed.

Seems to happen on all of my media PC's.

Thanks

Soultaker

Is it just me or do other people have issues when trying to resume or play an item from the last played tile? Also once the last played has been selected and the media details page is displayed but the movie overview is not displayed.

Seems to happen on all of my media PC's.

Thanks

Hi

Hmm I am having the same issues across all themes. Perhaps this is a core bug?

has some filter logic been added to alter the aspect ratio of dvd's and blu-ray's ? the used to show up as a different size (which I like) now they're all the same (which I don't like!) can we have this as a choice if this is the case please i'd rather respect aspect ratios, especially as I've painstakingly maintained them exactly to 1/1.34....

I also noticed I've been having a few issues with resume play, works if I browse to the film and then try it but doesn't if I try directly from the "last watched" panel??

I tried to replicate and got no resumes... possible server issue I can upload logs if required.

I'm more interested in the aspect ratios though!!!!!

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

Yep me too..

browned

Hi

Hmm I am having the same issues across all themes. Perhaps this is a core bug?

You could be right I haven't tested other themes.

Also I forgot to mention that every other time when I start mediabrowser I get placed in to the apps&settings area but the highlighted media library is my "movies".