Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

Soultaker

Are there any speed tweaks you could employ here or is it WMC holding us back? Other than speed I can't see how square could be improved!!

um... you are so silly there are at least hundred things wrong with Square....

• Like 2

Is it just me or is Square no longer taking note of the DefaultViewType setting in the <username>-MediaBrowserXML.config file?

I have this set to CoverFlow and have noticed that as each of my machines have updated to the lastest version of Square the views are returning to Poster and require a manual change to fix them even though the xml file still has CoverFlow set.

• Like 1

Is it just me or is Square no longer taking note of the DefaultViewType setting in the -MediaBrowserXML.config file?

I have this set to CoverFlow and have noticed that as each of my machines have updated to the lastest version of Square the views are returning to Poster and require a manual change to fix them even though the xml file still has CoverFlow set.

That setting only applies to brand new folders.  The view type for any particular folder, once loaded, is stored on the server.

Is it just me or is Square no longer taking note of the DefaultViewType setting in the <username>-MediaBrowserXML.config file?

This happened to me also, I'm sure it has to do with the 3 new view types in Square. Not sure why its not embracing that value on the reset though as mine was set to coverflow as well in the .xml but in square was reset to Poster as well. Just a heads up Soultaker in case you add more views in the future.

Edited by BAS

Soultaker

Since the 1.9.14.0 update my photo collection is no longer being displayed. Just a black screen.

Can you try changing views?

Soultaker

I dont respect the default folder view at the moment... I had a little trouble verifying stuff but I'll have another go at that.

• Like 1

I dont respect the default folder view at the moment... I had a little trouble verifying stuff but I'll have another go at that.

Honestly, ST, I'm not sure MBC in general respects this setting anymore as it is local and display preferences come from the server now.

Soultaker

No photos at all views.

I also have a photos section, and it is working fine for me. I do not use localized language could that be an issue here?

Cheesegeezer

No photos at all views.

I've just tested this with square and I don't have any issues.  

Just check that your locations on the server for Photo's collection are correctly configured and that you actually have photos in that location on the hard drive and that you haven't set any private permissions for it.

I am guessing it would be complicated to get the relevant plugin information back to the server to make the CoverFlow option selectable if it was available on the server. cheers

I also have a photos section, and it is working fine for me. I do not use localized language could that be an issue here?

Fixed, it was a server issue. Changed from Dev to Beta and now I see my photos in MBC again. They were visable in the webclient but not in MBC with several themes.

Redshirt

The newer server builds have renamed some of the photo entities, ebr accounted for it in the newest versions of MBC but if your theme is referencing the photo folder by entity name it may be an issue.

Soultaker

The newer server builds have renamed some of the photo entities, ebr accounted for it in the newest versions of MBC but if your theme is referencing the photo folder by entity name it may be an issue.

Thanks for the info but rest assured Square doesn't do any direct referencing like that an

Fixed, it was a server issue. Changed from Dev to Beta and now I see my photos in MBC again. They were visable in the webclient but not in MBC with several themes.

Generally, you will need to keep your clients and server on the same update track.  That is, if you allow your server to update at dev level but not MBC, you will likely run into issues like this.  You may still run into them when server changes are made, but they will correct much quicker if you have MBC set to dev as well.

If you want a stable environment, I'd keep both at Release or Beta.

• Like 1

Soultaker

@@Soultaker

bug located: subtitles toggle doesnt work

lvl 2 S.A, tech confirm this via skype ;)

(no rush)

Bug confirmed, will be fixed as part of next release thanks for the feedback MWS!

Next release on schedule for mid week.

• Like 1

AgileHumor

I have a really bad bug that marked all my content as played.

If you select any item in the "Latest Unplayed" and press the star (*) key, and mark the item as played...it doesn't just mark that content as played...but 100% of your content as played.

Is that by design?