Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

Soultaker

I have a really bad bug that marked all my content as played.

If you select any item in the "Latest Unplayed" and press the star (*) key, and mark the item as played...it doesn't just mark that content as played...but 100% of your content as played.

Is that by design? 

Ah excellent bug, I've found the cause of this issue and should have a fix for it shortly.

AgileHumor

Thanks man!

One somewhat related question, when I try to * click the first "Next Up" item and select "Play All From Here", it gives an error that says "no content can be played" (from memory, error message may not be exact).

Is "play all from here" supported from the main theme screen?

Soultaker

Thanks man!

One somewhat related question, when I try to * click the first "Next Up" item and select "Play All From Here", it gives an error that says "no content can be played" (from memory, error message may not be exact).

Is "play all from here" supported from the main theme screen?

Cant replicate this on my system.

In the latest update description, I find this:

"Fixed bug with subtitle option not being applied"

As I am still trying to figure out how to turn subtitles on and off within the MBC playback, this is of great interest to me.  However, I have no idea what it means.  What is the subtitle option, how does the user access it, and how does one turn subtitles on and off during media playback within MBC w/ Square?

Thanks!

Can we have "Premiered date" in the Season list view please? Now it is only visable in the episode screen. My wife uses that info all the time.

Thanks.

Square%20Premiered%20date.jpg

Edited by heula

As I am still trying to figure out how to turn subtitles on and off within the MBC playback, this is of great interest to me.  However, I have no idea what it means.  What is the subtitle option, how does the user access it, and how does one turn subtitles on and off during media playback within MBC w/ Square?

Thanks!

This is just related to the toggle found in squares option that puts what subtitles you have for an item down in the bottom info bar of square. To enable/disable subtitles for playback you should look into the server side settings area for metadata/subtitles. I'm not sure how all that works with MB Classic playback and subtitles as I have never used them.

Soultaker

Thanks!

The subtitle option applies to the media information bar at the bottom of most views. The toggle will show/hide the language of the embedded subtitle for the current media item. Borrowing Heula's image this is where the option is used:

subtitles-media-bar.jpg

Soultaker

Can we have "Premiered date" in the Season list view please? Now it is only visable in the episode screen. My wife uses that info all the time.

Thanks.

Square%20Premiered%20date.jpg

I understand where you are coming from however I don't think thats where I'd want to see premiered date. I am currently leaning towards placing this information in the summary box.

• Like 1

heula

Not sure if this is a square or MBC issue. Both had updates the last two days.

Can we get rid of seeing backdrop, logo, folder etc in all views as part of the photocollection. Those are needed off course the show the images but they should not be listed as part of the photocollection.

Also since updating MBC and Square to the latest version I see no thumb image next to the list view. Only an empty frame at most items. Only when the backdrop, logo etc. is selected I see a thumb image there. Before updating there was no thumb image issue here.

Also If I switch to genre index I don't see any photos. I know this is a server core issue but maybe somebody knows when this will be available again?

No%20thumb%20image%20square%20with%20pho

No%20thumb%20image%20square%20with%20pho

Edited by heula

Soultaker

@@heula well if the server is sending back Thumb, Backdrop, Logo etc. as folders to display then Square displays them. Sounds to me like something is wrong with your photo collection data coming from the server, have you tried a rebuild? Other than that I can't say.

As for list view, list view supports primary image (aka Folder.jpg) in the area you have hilighted.

heula

@@heula well if the server is sending back Thumb, Backdrop, Logo etc. as folders to display then Square displays them. Sounds to me like something is wrong with your photo collection data coming from the server, have you tried a rebuild? Other than that I can't say.

As for list view, list view supports primary image (aka Folder.jpg) in the area you have hilighted.

Well, there must be an issue then wih MBC or the server as Chocolate also does not display those images. For the thumb, logo images etc. I have put those in the IBN and that is working fine now and I dont see those images in my collection anymore.

Thanks.

Edited by heula

Anyone having an issue on the latest MB3 beta with square theme showing all tv shows as banners & not posters.. It is ok on all movies though and when I try Chocolate it displays all tv shows as posters.

Initial chocolate one is ok but Squares has posters as banners

You accidentally turned on a feature in Square called One TV. Its a locked designed layout, no options in the cover/poster menu would make a difference. To disable this open square and press the # key to access the quick menu, scroll down until you see Enable One TV and uncheck/disable it. Now enter your TV level and customize to your hearts content.

Edited by BAS
  • Like 1

MrWebsmith

To me it looks like you have the custom One TV mode on...it's in the square options menu.. if you turn off one TV then the views will be more like you're expecting and it will correctly match your poster/thumb/etc choice

MrWebsmith

Wow..I type that all out on my phone and didn't see bas beat me by many hours..

Oh well

• Like 1

heula

Seen this issue for a while now and is still there.

This is only in full screen and not in windowed screen for as far as I could see.

When there is only one one item in a folder Square displays it like this.

Square%20one%20item%20issue.jpg

When I go to details and back the screen restores correctly.

• Like 2

MrWebsmith

i just saw this last night.. if you arrow over to the right it corrects itself and then you cant get it to "revert" to how it looks above.. so its an issue just building out the view on the initial instance i believe

• Like 1

heula

Can the frame in EHS be more transparent when the image doesnt fit the frame? Or fit the frame to the image.

Thanks.

EHS%20more%20transparent.jpg

MrWebsmith

im not 100% thats what the "cause is" myself... so far i see it from time to time, but im not able to narrow down steps to repro it more consistently.

• 4 weeks later...

User profile switching in Square results in user profile pics not to be present after the first switch of a user. Confirmed that it works fine in MB Classic theme and Chocolate which both use the same interface coming from core I believe.

You can't switch from one user that uses Square to say Classic or Chocolate because whenever you switch to one of those and then back to a user in square the pics will be back.

It must be a situation where both users are on Square, so sign in user 1 on Square, switch to another user profile that also uses Square, then try to switch back the user pics are gone. 

Edited by BAS