Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

xXSagaiaXx

Okay well I hadn't updated MBC to 117. So its working fine and I might say its a nice theme. I think I'll be buying it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Cheesegeezer

Heads up, for those of you following this thread there is a new version of Square posted details are in the 2nd post of this thread.

Love the additions ST, the UI looks neater as well, have you been tinkering? Nice work

Some cosmetic things:

Throughout the theme It can be really difficult to see what item has the focus.. anyway zoom or highlight can be improved of the selected item?

In year view Text only (no year graphics), I can not see what year is selected at all

In any view, The view menu does not respond to a mouse click. Keyboard or remote work fine

Soultaker

Some cosmetic things:

Throughout the theme It can be really difficult to see what item has the focus.. anyway zoom or highlight can be improved of the selected item?

In year view Text only (no year graphics), I can not see what year is selected at all

In any view, The view menu does not respond to a mouse click. Keyboard or remote work fine

Hard to tell what you mean, a couple screenshots would help me a lot.

AdrianW

I've just noticed that if I exit from a playing TV episode or movie (without pressing stop) that the now playing video continues in the details panel - that is just fantastic, it looks really good, great idea ST.

But, I also noticed one problem - this happens when using a mouse, no idea if the same thing happens when using a remote:

If I move the mouse,whilst the video is playing in the details panel, the media center controls appear at the bottom right (as expected) - pressing the stop button stops playback and the video is replaced by the small backdrop image. But, if you then click the play button - the video starts again but this time as audio only.

Soultaker

Hmm, I'll have a go with that when i can.

edit*

@@AdrianW

But in the meantime does this behaviour happen on all themes? sounds like it might...

Edited by Soultaker

AdrianW

But in the meantime does this behaviour happen on all themes? sounds like it might...

I tried Chocolate - and it's now playing defaults to full screen. If I stop playback and then start it again, it returns to full screen (with no overlays).

I tried changing Chocolates NPV to "small" (that setting is on it's main config page) - a bit strange as when I exited from the full screen video, it continued to play full screen with the details page showing over the top with a small video in the corner as well - but when pressing stop and play again, it returned to full screen playback with no overlays.

I then checked the Classic theme - and it does the exact same thing as Square. So does that mean the issue is in the core of MBC?

Edited by AdrianW

AdrianW

I like the new feature Show 1 more column on "Newest" panel in EHS - but I wonder if pressing the three dots again should shrink the panel back down to two columns? (or should it add a fourth?).

I also think this "add an extra column" feature would be very useful with the "Next Up" panel - as currently there's only room for six TV episodes and we have many more than six shows on the go at one time.

Soultaker

I tried Chocolate - and it's now playing defaults to full screen. If I stop playback and then start it again, it returns to full screen (with no overlays).

I tried changing Chocolates NPV to "small" (that setting is on it's main config page) - a bit strange as when I exited from the full screen video, it continued to play full screen with the details page showing over the top with a small video in the corner as well - but when pressing stop and play again, it returned to full screen playback with no overlays.

I then checked the Classic theme - and it does the exact same thing as Square. So does that mean the issue is in the core of MBC?

Yea that is a core bug.

I like the new feature Show 1 more column on "Newest" panel in EHS - but I wonder if pressing the three dots again should shrink the panel back down to two columns? (or should it add a fourth?).

I also think this "add an extra column" feature would be very useful with the "Next Up" panel - as currently there's only room for six TV episodes and we have many more than six shows on the go at one time.

Indeed, right now there is a limit on the next up for only 6. I'll be experimenting with it as it gets more stable...

Hard to tell what you mean, a couple screenshots would help me a lot.

See attached.. in this case "Cocktail" has focus but is very hard to see..

Also, I show a screen shot of the by year option, impossible to see that 1978 has focus..

52e971968823f_Capturethumbs.jpg52e971b4ebb86_Captureyear.jpg

@@ronvp are you opposed to using the "display focus frame" option?

Not on the year screen, but for the thumb view, I prefer the highlight or zoom-in option.. also, the other views look less good if you have a focus frame.. plus when there is a option to switch off the focus frame, you kinda expect to have a other method to highlight the selected item.. the year view is not a big deal to me, but I really like the way Square lays out my thumbs and makes it very easy to recognize movies..

tired dad

Hello, first of all this is a great theme for Mb3; my daughter loved your NEO theme the best and once I showed her this one, I got the thumbs up (which is high praise from an eleven year old).

Question: In the poster view, is there no option to enable the vertical scrolling? I didn't see anything and I thought that was a standard for all MB3 themes.

Edited by tired dad

Question: In the poster view, is there no option to enable the vertical scrolling? I didn't see anything and I thought that was a standard for all MB3 themes.

Yes I think vertical scroll would be a great addition,I hope it can be added.

Soultaker

Hello, first of all this is a great theme for Mb3; my daughter loved your NEO theme the best and once I showed her this one, I got the thumbs up (which is high praise from an eleven year old).

It is intentionally not available, I'll add it to my road map...

xXSagaiaXx

Is there a way to change the backdrop. I don't particularly care for the white. Also, in the poster view there isn't as much room for 3 rows of posters as there was in the neo theme.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Soultaker

Is there a way to change the backdrop. I don't particularly care for the white. Also, in the poster view there isn't as much room for 3 rows of posters as there was in the neo theme. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Support for black / White backgrounds are built in: http://www.soulsarmy.com/2014/01/project-square-accents-and-background.html

If you want to have your own background, you can use the customstyle overrides: http://www.soulsarmy.com/2014/01/square-creating-your-own-style.html

Yea, this theme is not Neo.

AdrianW

Is there a way to change the backdrop.

You can change the backdrop for each collection (e.g. TV, Movies, etc) that you've setup in the server by uploading a "backdrop" image for that collection: 

• Choose "Browse Library" by right clicking the server icon in the tray
  • Browse to the Media Folder (e.g. TV)
  • Click edit at the top
  • Choose Images (third button at the top)
  • Click "Upload Image"
  • Choose a backdrop image
  • Set it's Image Type to "backdrop"
  • and click "Upload"

Repeat for each of your media folders.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

In upcoming tv can the series/season and episode number be shown?? Not sure how or where it's grabbed from.. Cheers

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

I'm loving the theme so far but there is one thing that I would really like and that is an optional exit confirmation. I'm a bit over zealous with the back button sometimes.

Trevor68

ha, thank god for the black background, I had actually given this theme away as the white background with white highlight made it totally impossible to navigate.

Thank you. That's going to save some frustration. One more question. Is there any plans to incorporate some more fanart into the coverflow view such as logo.png?

Edit: Sorry I meant in addition to the posters, not instead of via the cover menu option.

Edited by Spanner

AdrianW

@@Soultaker

That new "One TV" view looks fantastic. Kind of a variation of ebr's new Chocolate TV view.   Will it be configurable to use posters instead of banners? And hopefully posters for Seasons as an option instead of just text?

Edited by AdrianW