Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

Soultaker

Thank you. That's going to save some frustration. One more question. Is there any plans to incorporate some more fanart into the coverflow view such as logo.png?

@@Spanner Um I dont have any plans right now, no.

@@Soultaker

That new "One TV" view looks fantastic. Kind of a variation of ebr's new Chocolate TV view.   Will it be configurable to use posters instead of banners? And hopefully posters for Seasons as an option instead of just text?

@@AdrianW I havent finished it, but generally I really dislike adding lots of configuration options.

Just noticed small cosmetic bug, when I switch off the View Backdrop from the folder menu, not only does the general backdrop not show, the detail view no longer shows backdrops either.. see below no pictures in the details section.

52ebb83bebf4c_Capture.jpg

• Like 1

Soultaker

Just noticed small cosmetic bug, when I switch off the View Backdrop from the folder menu, not only does the general backdrop not show, the detail view no longer shows backdrops either.. see below no pictures in the details section.

52ebb83bebf4c_Capture.jpg

@@ronvp Good catch

Feature request: could we add an option to allow for the position of Cover flow and thumb views to be vertically adjusted?

um... maybe for cover flow. Not sure about thumb view..... hmmmm

can we have translucent squares ?

You can do it right now...

transSq.jpg

Noticed a cosmetic bug. Text overlapping in cast details. it only shows in a few movies. The below picture is for the trailer of the new captain America movie..

52ed0735dd84c_Capture.jpg

yardameus

How do we make the squares translucent?

I'm guessing it's done using the custom styles tweaking referred to earlier in this thread. 

moviefan

How do I get to the regular config options in Square to change the theme back?

I installed it as a trial and had to close MBC, open the configurator, and completely uninstall it to get out of it.

All of the other themes make it very easy to do this but square seems to have removed this menu?

Edited by moviefan

Possible Bug:

In my music video collection I have it arranged in groups by letter, each of these has an image that has no uniform size and the focus frame does not conform to them.

52ed572c362d8_Screenshot20140201201641.p

Feature Request:

In coverflow I have no way of knowing what the file is before entering it, could we add show labels please.

Screenshot%202014-02-01%2020.21.17.pngScreenshot%202014-02-01%2020.21.17.png52ed585469a58_Screenshot20140201202117.p

Keep up the good work

Edited by Spanner

I'm guessing it's done using the custom styles tweaking referred to earlier in this thread. 

I tried going thru the style sheet, but can not find anything that resembles that setting..

yardameus

Maybe this one (the first one is the opacity)  <Color Name="Sq_Tile_Text_Bg" Color="100,0,0,0" />

hedgehogg

No can't see it - ST is the setting for translucent in the configuration or in thestyle sheet - i really don't want to go messing with the style sheet.

EDIT

I tried as suggested. Downloaded the Dark stylesheet and set <Color Name="Sq_Tile_Text_Bg" Color="100,0,0,0" /> to 0.0.0.0 No change. It's the accents that I want transparent / Translucent. ST has it in his pic but I can't see how to achieve this.

Edited by hedgehogg

Soultaker

I'm in a bunker and am planning on rewriting the whole colorization of Square to hopefully make it easier to customize for everyone. If anyone has done any customization with Neo it will be very similar. This colorization will be with the next release; which is seemingly monstrous now that I think about all the stuff thats actually going into it.

Bear with me for a few days I'll get you guys details.

/back to the man cave

In upcoming tv can the series/season and episode number be shown?? Not sure how or where it's grabbed from.. CheersSent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

@@Soultaker not sure if you missed my request as you never answered.. Pretty please with sugar on top, if possible!

Ta

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

AdrianW

Latest build is looking fantastic - excellent work as usual ST.

But I did notice a this cosmetic issue - the backdrop opacity controls are invisible (at least on my setup) - but I can still navigate to them and raise and lower the opacity.

Z5xJNgH.png

Also, the title in the spotlight section: "COLLECTION" makes sense when I have "Movies By Genre" selected - e.g. it might show "Action" which I see is a "collection" of sorts. But if I'm on TV or Movies, and the spotlight item is a TV show or an individual movie, does the title "Collection" make sense?

I like how you're using the accent colour on the EHS for the focus rectangle, is there a reason you didn't carry that over to the other screens?

Something else I just noticed - in the details view where you show the small version of the backdrop - the image is being stretched to 16:10 instead of being 16:9 - so people are looking a little taller and narrower than normal!

Sorry - one more thing: On the EHS when I have "Movies by Genre" selected - the two squares to the left of the spotlight item are "Genres" and "Year". Entering either of these shows the genre collections - but then so does pressing enter on the "Movies by Genre" title as well as on the "Browse..." square. So that's four different ways to get to the genre listing. I'm thinking that perhaps the "Genres" and "Year" squares should be removed from this specific collection.

nfH2Fmf.png

Edited by AdrianW

Soultaker

@@AdrianW

Opacity spinner, there is a bug with v121 of MBC I've already reported it to ebr

Movies by genre is a fake folder that was made a workaround because indexing by genres was too difficult before square. I have no plans to change this, however, if u really dont like having collections you can create your own localization file and replace the word collection with whatever u want.

Not sold on accent color in the other screens...

I'll check out the 16:10 issue

Perhaps "movies by genre" is redundant and unnecessary?

• Like 1

Just turn off the option to show "Movies By Genre" in the main MBC config if you are using an advanced theme like Square.

• Like 2

AdrianW

Just turn off the option to show "Movies By Genre" in the main MBC config if you are using an advanced theme like Square.

Yes, I just tried that and it makes sense with this theme as square shows it's own Genre icon for each collection.

AdrianW

@@AdrianW

Opacity spinner, there is a bug with v121 of MBC I've already reported it to ebr

Movies by genre is a fake folder that was made a workaround because indexing by genres was too difficult before square. I have no plans to change this, however, if u really dont like having collections you can create your own localization file and replace the word collection with whatever u want.

Not sold on accent color in the other screens...

I'll check out the 16:10 issue

Perhaps "movies by genre" is redundant and unnecessary?

I'd forgotten all about the localisation settings. I tried changing a couple, but everytime I run MBC the xml file gets replaced with the original contents.

Assuming this is the correct file: "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Localization\Square-strings-en.xml"