Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

So I couldn't launch MBC 241. I uninstalled square, MBC launches in Chocolate. I then reinstalled square making sure to grab the release 1.128.0. It launched, I switched my TV vf to next up. Nothing appears in the list. I exited MBC and invalid application on next launch, appears something is wrong with next up. Just hit me up on skype and i'll get you whatever logs or testing you need done.

@@ebr since your in here, can you please fix Chocolate List mode to have old man font size option for the items in the list and also for the love of all that is holy make the list a wrappable scroller. Oh and Logos dont show up in List even though I have the toggle on. 

Edited by BAS

Soultaker

MBC v241 has completely destroyed Square's NextUp and Upcoming functionality.

I dont know what underlying models have changed, to be honest I don't care to trawl through the source to find out. I will need to need to release a new version of Square because of this. Testing is currently in progress - will let you know more asap.

Edited by Soultaker

Were you directly instantiating a "Ratings" class or referencing Mb3ApiRepository.RetrieveUnwatchedCount()?

Soultaker

So I believe the underlying models have changed significantly and therefore there were some errors being thrown (I'm speculating as Im not 100% certain). I've since updated to be consistent meaning that the current beta release of Square (v1.12.11.0) has a dependency on MBCv241. This should work for those people reporting errors.

Take care

• Like 1

Noted a small issue with this release, selecting "Upcoming TV" in "Apps and Setting" crashes MBC.

Fixed in the latest version..1.12.11.00

• 4 weeks later...
MrFlibbles

Ah, that's where my "next up" went ;) Mine was just empty running the 1.12.08 release version. Populated now running 1.12.11 beta. Cheers ST.

• 2 weeks later...
MrFlibbles

Is anyone else having issues with "Default To First Unplayed" being unreliable with Square release version 1.12.13? There was an issue with it last year that EBR fixed in MBC but since the "next up" fix in Square I'm experiencing similar symptoms as before. Selected a series with more than a single season does not automatically select the season with the next unwatched in it. If you exit the series, then enter again it moves to the correct season.

I'll play around with chocolate and see if I can replicate it but just thought I'd pose the question here as Square was the only thing I have updated recently.

• 2 weeks later...
techywarrior

@@Soultaker with the new beta of MBC ebr has made an effort to align MBC with the way MBS handles folders. It seems this has effected Square. The main box on the EHS used to show an assortment of movies/tv/music (whatever library you were in) but now it doesn't show any images (it shows some titles but it was genres/collections/some other things). Also, the little box for random no longer shows anything either.

Hopefully there will be an update to Square to make it compatible with the new MBC as some of that functionality was useful (or if not useful at least it looked pretty :) )

• Like 2

Soultaker

@@Soultaker with the new beta of MBC ebr has made an effort to align MBC with the way MBS handles folders. It seems this has effected Square. The main box on the EHS used to show an assortment of movies/tv/music (whatever library you were in) but now it doesn't show any images (it shows some titles but it was genres/collections/some other things). Also, the little box for random no longer shows anything either.

Hopefully there will be an update to Square to make it compatible with the new MBC as some of that functionality was useful (or if not useful at least it looked pretty :) )

Not much I can do here the structure is very different, you have two options really...

1) Switch the EHS mode to EHS-Bar

or

2) Disable EHS

techywarrior

Maybe it's more work then you want to do to the theme at this point but it would seem that you could still get random items to show up since other apps shows random backdrops or images for a screensaver.

I'll check out EHS-Bar mode in the meantime. And if not it's not the end of the world. The theme still works, even if some of the lesser functionality is not working properly.

• 1 month later...
CashMoney

Utterly pointless but ....

MB changes to Emby so does that mean MBClassic becomes Emby Media Center Classic? If so -

E(mby)=MC Squared!

:lol:

Maybe it's more work then you want to do to the theme at this point but it would seem that you could still get random items to show up since other apps shows random backdrops or images for a screensaver.

I'll check out EHS-Bar mode in the meantime. And if not it's not the end of the world. The theme still works, even if some of the lesser functionality is not working properly.

If you ungroup them the behaviour is as before...

Whether you want to do that is up to you I guess!

I prefer the folders way in MBC.

• 1 month later...
MrFlibbles

Don't suppose any other Square users are experiencing very slow response times in MBC now? If I had to guess I would say it has been an issue for a couple of months, so over many release versions of MBS and some MBC. If I switch to Chocolate, the response navigating and selecting media is normal with no real lag or delay. In Square, if I select a library from the EHS I hear the media centre sounds acknowledging it has been selected and I wait 3 or 4 seconds before the library is displayed. Same experience navigating to a letter e.g. "H" for shows starting with "H". Once something is playing I can pause and skip ahead no issues.

Square: 1.12.13

Emby Server: 3.0.5597.1

Emby for WMC: 3.0.265

Vladimir_1975

Hello. Can someone help me. Is it possible to reduce the font size in overview and description windows? (for example edit file square_styles.mcml)

lanos

one TV no longer seems to work for me. This is the first time I've used MBC in almost a year (been using MBT till now) so maybe I missed something has one tv been removed or something?

BAS

one TV no longer seems to work for me. This is the first time I've used MBC in almost a year (been using MBT till now) so maybe I missed something has one tv been removed or something?

One TV view still functions but it requires you to be using the legacy folder browsing toggle in MBC settings.

• Like 1

BAS

Hello. Can someone help me. Is it possible to reduce the font size in overview and description windows? (for example edit file square_styles.mcml)

Download this file and place in C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\ open with notepad and change any of the font lines you want. I believe the lines you are after would be Large and Medium, but not real sure as it has been well over a year since I've messed with this. It's basically trial and error. Change font size, save file, open MBC, confirm changes. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

Vladimir_1975

Download this file and place in C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\ open with notepad and change any of the font lines you want. I believe the lines you are after would be Large and Medium, but not real sure as it has been well over a year since I've messed with this. It's basically trial and error. Change font size, save file, open MBC, confirm changes. Rinse and repeat.

Thank you very much. You helped me a lot

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi,

First thanks for your free theme it's gorgeous !

I have some questions :

1/ Is there any way I can make a translation ? Indeed I'd like to have it in french for my family usage.

2/ Is there anyway to add in WMC links the "read DVD" one ?

3/ If editing the style, is there anyway I could set the general theme background as transparent for more WMC integration ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback !

Hi,

First thanks for your free theme it's gorgeous !

I have some questions :

1/ Is there any way I can make a translation ? Indeed I'd like to have it in french for my family usage.

2/ Is there anyway to add in WMC links the "read DVD" one ?

3/ If editing the style, is there anyway I could set the general theme background as transparent for more WMC integration ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback !

1. I've never really done this personally and the last time i tried to help someone with this has been at least a year or longer. Translation should be supported by going to C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Localization and editing and saving the Square-strings-en.xml file, I use notepad.

2. Sitting on Square's homepage open the quick config menu by hitting #, turn on show media center links. This will put the tv guide, recorded tv, scheduled tv, and live tv buttons on the square apps & settings menu choice. There is no way to add other media center links.

3. This can be a little tricky, as you will want to make sure to turn backdrops off on any level, but once again in the # quick config menu there is an option to lower the background opacity for square thus making everything come thru brighter. If you want to really get media center to come thru... open configuration area for Emby Media Center, goto theme settings and turn off show theme background,and if you dont want backdrops showing up throughout the interface, the easiest way to do that is by making sure show fan art on views is unchecked as well.

Edited by BAS

Hi Bas,

Thanks for that quick feedback.

1/ Allright I'll chek this out, thanks.

2/ Yes indeed I see that there is no other way to customize what appears and what doesn't.

3/ Thing is I tried to uncheck that "show theme background" but it does not make my WMC show up. I guess I'll have to try to set the same background PNG to square background, that'd be quicker.

Cheers.

Hi Bas,

Thanks for that quick feedback.

1/ Allright I'll chek this out, thanks.

2/ Yes indeed I see that there is no other way to customize what appears and what doesn't.

3/ Thing is I tried to uncheck that "show theme background" but it does not make my WMC show up. I guess I'll have to try to set the same background PNG to square background, that'd be quicker.

Cheers.

On 3 try unchecking show initial background along wth theme background, then lower that backdrop opacity  in square between 0-8.

Edited by BAS