Square Theme: General Help Thread

Soultaker

Soultaker

ebr,

I'll msg you in a PM as this is diverging from the intent of this thread.

Lee, point taken but no plans for change at the moment (as I freaking love it :) ).

tmb4016

Hi Soul,

Liking the new theme. I've tried several new ones fro MB3 but nothing came close to the Neo look and feel I had on MB2. Until now ....

I've noticed a couple of things ...

1) Similar to Techywarrior's issue - If I have EHS enabled I do not see the Spanner icon on top screen. Only way to change theme etc is to reset the xml file to another theme.

2) It would be good to have option to hide the title text on various thumbs as it is duplicated from the art work and obstructs the image.

3) In the last played tile on top screen the folder image is not central ..

52dfaf3b985a4_screenshot.png

Soultaker

Hi Soul,

Liking the new theme. I've tried several new ones fro MB3 but nothing came close to the Neo look and feel I had on MB2. Until now ....

I've noticed a couple of things ...

1) Similar to Techywarrior's issue - If I have EHS enabled I do not see the Spanner icon on top screen. Only way to change theme etc is to reset the xml file to another theme.

2) It would be good to have option to hide the title text on various thumbs as it is duplicated from the art work and obstructs the image.

3) In the last played tile on top screen the folder image is not central ..

1) Go to Apps section and there is a big spanner tile called Configuration.

2) This is close to impossible, unless you know about some awesome image detection feature that can detect text in graphics that I can leverage to auto hide the label when not needed.

3) Yep, looking into it.

• Like 2

On the back of this theme I've done several "metro" icons with transparent backgrounds I'll post em up later.

I like em someone else might!!

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

this is what they look like in the wp client...

post-299-13903942258887_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

tmb4016

Hi Soul,

Thanks for the quick response.

With regard to title - sorry no magic wand on image detection - just I would prefer them not to be there at all but this is a personal thing.

Theme still looking good at first glance - Thanks again.

Soultaker

New update available for Square, please read post #2 in this thread for details or click here

Also have an update on my blog which I intend to keep adding content to every few days, check that out at http://www.soulsarmy.com

Special thanks to everyone who has responded so far.

Edited by Soultaker

hedgehogg

I have 3 comments:

1 WB ST

2 AWSOME

3 I want thosetransparent Icons and a transparent option in the colour swatch :)

Thanks ST will be paying later :)

I have 3 comments:

1 WB ST

2 AWSOME

3 I want thosetransparent Icons and a transparent option in the colour swatch :)

Thanks ST will be paying later :)

Do u mean my icons? I'll upload them tomorrow can't get the wife off the tv at the minute!!!

kingfenix

I have enabled delete functionality, and I can delete using other themes but I don't see any delete buttons here in square, am I missing something?

paid user here, thanks,

kingfenix

Trevor68

Ok, Maybe I did this backwards? I paid the $6 in MBServer, it said I'm registered and to use MBC Configurator to install the theme.

Installed theme ok using MBC, but when I go into MBC to switch from Diamond to Square, Square does not exist, even though I can see it properly installed in the Configurator. Unfortunately there appears nowhere in Configurator to set a default theme.

Tried several restarts, still nothing.

Cheesegeezer

Ok, Maybe I did this backwards? I paid the $6 in MBServer, it said I'm registered and to use MBC Configurator to install the theme.

Installed theme ok using MBC, but when I go into MBC to switch from Diamond to Square, Square does not exist, even though I can see it properly installed in the Configurator. Unfortunately there appears nowhere in Configurator to set a default theme.

Tried several restarts, still nothing.

Hi Trevor,

You need to be on Dev Builds of both MBC and Server.  The theme required some extra features that these now have, the main one being filtering and individual user settings.

The current Dev build will break the LiveTV functionality if you are using it until ServerWMC is updated. I'm running them and don't have any stability issues, however it's entirely upto you to install a Dev version.  If you do I would suggest that you quickly change the version updates back to Beta, to avoid any unwanted future dev updates.

Hope that helps.

Trevor68

Err ok, given I use LiveTV on my other PC's and the point of this purchase was to see it working in MBC maybe I will just look upon this as a future investment  i guess. Any thoughts as to when I might be able to actually use it on the Beta build?

BTW in MBC Configurator the plugin says it requires 3.0.96.0 and "appears" to install fine. Guess I should have read the fine print, lesson learnt.

Edited by Trevor68

Soultaker

I have enabled delete functionality, and I can delete using other themes but I don't see any delete buttons here in square, am I missing something?

paid user here, thanks,

kingfenix

This functionality will be added in the next release.

Trevor68

No problem, I'll just wait for the beta release and check it out then. I can see a lot of work has gone into it, and like to support that work.

Can i get a random question while I wait? ;)

I presume we will be notified to update ServerWMC somehow once its updated and theres another beta release of MB3?

AdrianW

ST - is there any chance of having an option to replace the breadcrumbs (folder paths) at the top of the TV show and season screens with the logo.png if it exists? Probably just to the right of the two filter buttons.

I also feel that logo.png would be better on the main collection screens in place of the studio icons that currently display for each movie/TV show selected. Maybe an option to choose what is displayed there (studio, logo, clearart, banner) - what do you think?

Edited by AdrianW

Soultaker

@@AdrianW

Hi,

It's an interesting customization option for sure. However, I'm not ready to either commit or dismiss your suggestion. I have quite a backlog of things I want to get done first, perhaps I can come back to this one in a little while.

Love this theme..

A few requests:

Is there any way we can have the grey boxes around the thumbs to be translucent or even better the opaqueness adjustable?

How about a way so when I start MB, it takes me directly to the App screen?

Reorder the app screen so that the TV apps are at the beginning of the apps screen and Live TV is highlighted?

yardameus

Err ok, given I use LiveTV on my other PC's and the point of this purchase was to see it working in MBC maybe I will just look upon this as a future investment  i guess. Any thoughts as to when I might be able to actually use it on the Beta build?

BTW in MBC Configurator the plugin says it requires 3.0.96.0 and "appears" to install fine. Guess I should have read the fine print, lesson learnt.

I was actually wondering the same thing about this (installing but it not appearing, running MBC 3.0.108)  Due to some funky glitch, I can't run a configurator system update (installer never starts when I say to install)  So, I've been having to manually download the setup when an update is released.  But, I do not seem to be able to use Dev installs because of this.  Do I just need to wait it out until 3.0.111 is released?

Oops, may have jumped the gun on this.  I'm assuming 3.0.117 will make everything work?

Edited by yardameus