Android Mobile

Redshirt

Mibok

There is no option to choose "Español (Mexico)" in the system settings, only Español, English, Portuguese. However there is various Spanish options in Google Voice Typing including Español (Estados Unidos), Español (España) and Español (Mexico). I tried those three and the language shown in MediaBrowser is English.

537aa3fb3cb67_Screenshot_20140519175906.       537aa37e105ab_Screenshot_20140519175912.

Redshirt

That's interesting. The issue then is simply that I don't have the Spanish translation completed yet. Spanish (Mexico) is 100% and now you have me wondering if it's even used.

If you look here, you'll see that Spanish is only 42% done. I'm at the mercy of the community members who are giving their free time to complete the translations. Since you have a stake in that language, your more than welcome to assist in the translation by joining the translation team. The more the merrier. 

Edited by Redshirt

Mibok

I think that we can use Español (Mexico) as the default Spanish language, although there are some regionalism and accent that make noticeable certain differences, when typing those difference aren't that big, As Mexican i'm used to visit some Spanish (the country) forums and i haven't had any communication problem. If anyone here is from Spain i like to know what do you think.

CBers

Not sure if this is possible, but if controlling CC playback from the Android app on my phone and I receive a call, could playback be automatically paused?

• Like 2

Redshirt

You can post it right here, or just create a new topic in Android support area.

christoph86

Is there a way to keep the content playing when you hit homescreen or try to switch to another app?  For example, if I'm playing music on the MB3 app, then I hit home screen to switch to chrome browser, the music will stop playing.  Is there a way to keep it playing in the background while I'm doing other things on the phone/tablet?

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

Yes this happens on my new s5 when the smart cover even closes...stopping the music im playing to my car over bluetooth

James Nally

When casting and at home screen of phone the notification for media browser blinks if the notification is not at the top of the list. Maybe because I am on CyanogenMod though. Also the play/pause button switches back and forth constantly on the notification. Thanks for the great app.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

superloopy

Here's a stupid question .... most of my movie collection is in bluray folder format. Any chance that i'd be able to lift one of those and stream to my mobile using the android client? Does it work or do i need to downsize the blurays?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Redshirt

Is there a way to keep the content playing when you hit homescreen or try to switch to another app?  For example, if I'm playing music on the MB3 app, then I hit home screen to switch to chrome browser, the music will stop playing.  Is there a way to keep it playing in the background while I'm doing other things on the phone/tablet?

I'll be looking in to this after a few other things are completed. I'm not happy with music playback at all. 

Redshirt

When casting and at home screen of phone the notification for media browser blinks if the notification is not at the top of the list. Maybe because I am on CyanogenMod though. Also the play/pause button switches back and forth constantly on the notification. Thanks for the great app.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I know the play/pause issue is frustrating. I'm waiting for the Google devs to fix their library. 

As for the flickering, it looks like they may have submitted a fix a few weeks ago. I'll update to include their changed library for my next release.

• Like 1

Redshirt

Here's a stupid question .... most of my movie collection is in bluray folder format. Any chance that i'd be able to lift one of those and stream to my mobile using the android client? Does it work or do i need to downsize the blurays?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

You don't need to change your blurays. The server will transcode them on the fly to a more streaming friendly format.

Menissalt

You can post it right here, or just create a new topic in Android support area.

Sorry for the delayed post. First, I've noticed that the application becomes far more stable if I disable notifications through android, thought I would share that.

I do have a couple of requests if they haven't been made yet. 

1. The ability to add/change subtitles/audio either mid-stream or to resume a video with alternate subtitles/audio

2. When playing a video and you want to skip, it would be nice if the time indicator followed where your finger is so you aren't guessing every time you skip

3. This has been requested before, I just wanted to add my voice for it. Special Features for movies.

• Like 1

Luis

I can also confirm the stability improvement with notifications disabled.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Redshirt

The only notification I'm showing is the Chromecast notification. Which was written by Google lol.

Menissalt

The only notification I'm showing is the Chromecast notification. Which was written by Google lol.

You would be correct, I should have mentioned that the stability issue is in relation to using CC. The notifications are also only for the CC and turning off notifications really helps, but only when streaming to a CC. 

Out outside of that, the app is already pretty stable.

Azor

1. The ability to add/change subtitles/audio either mid-stream or to resume a video with alternate subtitles/audio

This would indeed be a good feature, the abbility to select subtitles for remote playing would be great too.

Also, would it be possible to add some link to get back to the "Remote playing" Window ? 

(Like if you play a tvshow from your phone to your computer, if you close this pannel, you can't get back to it)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
christoph86

Would it be possible to get an exit app option?  On my phone, if I stop using the app and go to homescreen or another app, then try and come back into mediabrowser app after it had been running, it won't load anything and I can't get access without going into settings-->apps--> running and forcing a stop app.  Then I can get back into the app fine.  I have an older HTC Vivid phone and it's a pretty sluggish phone these days so that may be the issue.

ireme

I bought MediaBrowser for android and it works perfect to play my library but I do not know how to stream Live TV.
Live TV works perfect for another clients as Firefox but do not know how to add this function to my the app "MediaBrowser for Android" in my tablet.

Any help will be welcome.

Regards

Luke, I have "Channels" enabled on my Server and can see the channels in my desktop Classic and web client version but not on Android.  Is internet content "Channels" not available yet for Android or is there something that I need to do in either Server setup or Android setup to turn them on?  Let me know, what ever you can.

Thx

Redshirt

I have not released a build yet that supports the channels infrastructure. It's coming soon though.