Android Mobile

Redshirt

same here

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Chromecast stopped working with new version from google store for me. I see the mediabrowser logo on TV, but when I press play it just turns black and nothing happens. No video or audio playback works. And I don't get the chromecast icon in notification nor on the lock screen. Mediabrowser app says it's casting, but progressbar is on 0 and doesn't move. I can dissconnect and connect chromecast without issue. I've tried restarting phone, chromecast and MB3 server. Server is current BETA version. 

EDIT: Seems to be a backend issue. As the MB3 server does not detect my chromecast.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7135-chromecast-stopped-working/

Chromecast in the web client has not been a released feature yet, so it is working as expected.

Chromecast in the web client has not been a released feature yet, so it is working as expected.

but it was working just fine earlier. Both on phone and web.

James Nally

Updated the server this morning and all is working again with chromecast

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

dibsta

Chromecast stopped working with new version from google store for me. I see the mediabrowser logo on TV, but when I press play it just turns black and nothing happens. No video or audio playback works. And I don't get the chromecast icon in notification nor on the lock screen. Mediabrowser app says it's casting, but progressbar is on 0 and doesn't move. I can dissconnect and connect chromecast without issue. I've tried restarting phone, chromecast and MB3 server. Server is current BETA version. 

EDIT: Seems to be a backend issue. As the MB3 server does not detect my chromecast.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7135-chromecast-stopped-working/

Hi I am have the same issues but sometimes I can hear audio

My setup

Client version 1.0.42

Server Version 3.0.5238.39498

Hope someone can help Dave

Redshirt

I haven't a clue what's going on with Chromecast as I haven't changed the logic. 

I've pushed 1.0.43 to the play store and Amazon market, will be visible in the next few hours. Hopefully this will resolve the CC issue for those few that are seeing it. 

Regardless, with this new version, people should see a big increase in stability (I hope).

• Like 1

CBers

Somebody else reported an issue with DDNS being set in the server and it causing connection issues with the app, but I thought that was just adding connection back after removing it.

Chromecast still not working for me, but like I said the problem might be server-side. Previously I could CC from web-gui, but MB3 no longer gives me that option. 

CBers

I haven't had any issues with CC playback in any of the last 2 or 3 releases.

Redshirt

The server has no involvement in cc discovery. If both. The server and client can't see it though, something else must be going on

The client (app) had full controll over CC, turning on tv, connecting/disconnecting, apply MB logo, but no playback.

I have found the issue it seems. From server settings (MB3 not app) I removed my dns name from the dyndns setting. This results in MB3 reporting/using my external IP adress rather than my dns name, and also the app picks up on this and changes from dns name to ip adress. 

After this change Chromecast is working again. Why it does, makes no sense since chromecast only works on LAN anyways.

Edited by KRA

dibsta

Hi Red

I have updated to latest release but im still having issues

I press chromecast button screen on tv turn to MB screen

when I press play picture changes to backdrop and I here audio no video

hope my explanation helps

Dave

CBers

Hi Red

I have updated to latest release but im still having issues

I press chromecast button screen on tv turn to MB screen

when I press play picture changes to backdrop and I here audio no video

hope my explanation helps

Dave

You're going to need to supply logs from your phone (/sdcard/Mb3AndroidData/logs) and corresponding server & ffmpeg logs (%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\logs).

Do you wait for the MB3 cast screen to appear on the TV (Chromecast) before pressing the PLAY button in the app ??

Edited by CBers

Redshirt

That droid log doesn't show that playback was attempted.

Just to make sure we've got the right android log, can you delete all the logs on the device and then retry casting.

dibsta

Hi Redshirt

I cleared the log folder then reran MB3

1 choose chromecast waited for MB3 casting picture on tv

2 selected tv show pressed play picture on tv changed to tv show backdrop

then all I hear is audio no picture.

Hi Redshirt

Any joy with the log I posted

Dave

Redshirt

Dave, that issue was with the receiver app that runs on the CC device, not my client. Luis has fixed it as of a few days ago.

Redshirt

I've just published version 1.0.45. It'll be visible in a few hours. 

There's one or two bug fixes, nothing major.

The biggest change in this version is added localizations for Spanish(Mexico), French, Hebrew & Dutch. I want to say thanks to all our translators that are working on the various localizations. If any issues are found with the translations please post here. If text is out of place, a screenshot will help the translators greatly.

Delphi

@@Redshirt I was just playing around and adding upcoming shows to download automatically this fall. They do not show in MB Server, as expected, but they do show in this client. Is this expected behavior?

Tranquil

Where can I change the language of the app? Can't find something under settings or maybe German is not supported right now?

CBers

Where can I change the language of the app? Can't find something under settings or maybe German is not supported right now?

Me neither, but I assume it takes it from the language setting on your device?

Redshirt

The default language is chosen from the devices language setting. Only the languages I listed above have been translated. Others, including German, are on the way.

Mibok

It seems that Spanish (Mexico) translation it's not picking the system language. I have a Motorola Razr Maxx (XT910) with Android 4.1.2 system language configured to Spanish and MediaBrowser is showing everyting in english.

Redshirt

Is the system set to Espanol (Espana) or Espanol (Estados Unidos)? Forgive the lack of proper characters.