Android Mobile

Redshirt

jordy

@@Redshirt, is there a way to returnn to the remote control page if you have to or accidentally leave it during playback on a sg3. I like using your app as a remote control but it is annoying when I lose the controls.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

phillyfan1138

This app is amazing!  I have one feature suggestion: it would be awesome if the app could allow you to pick the play-to source from a menu, similar to the play-to that the web dashboard recently switched to.  Then I wouldn't have to pick my client every time.

• Like 1

eraser8

Hi Redshirt,

Congrats for the app, it is an amazing app and it is a pleasure for me to buy this to encourage you to continu the development.

I saw in the forum that you already done some upgrade for remote control handling. Do you have a next upgrade release date of planned? Do this upgrade will contains some remote control improvement?

Thanks

Heckler

Question... I was thinking of getting a chromecast for the bedroom TV... So how does the app work for that... is it even the same app?

Can I control it from my tablet running android 4.4.2?

James Nally

Question... I was thinking of getting a chromecast for the bedroom TV... So how does the app work for that... is it even the same app?

Can I control it from my tablet running android 4.4.2?

Yeah same app and you have control and works great. However some issue currently with maintaining connection to Chromecast after leaving app. Think a fix is coming though.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

hyB1Aq9l.jpg

Will the internal player ever evolve to be able to produce popup video windows? In the image above it's BSPlayer's popup video window you see (playing the simpsons) overlaid on top of the internal clients video (playing CSI). I like using the internal player and having it spawn popup style would only add to the awesome. Is this somewhere in it's development timeline? If not can it be added?

reason: I want to be able to asphalt8 while watching my mediabrowser3 movies in a quasi picture-in-picture sort of way. Hopefully you understand what I mean. I can play asphalt8 against a friend, while live skyping my friend, and playing a video all at the same time. All on tv-out over hdmi and it all plays smoothly as glass on my 2k13 nexus 7 (see image below for example). Popup video is something apple's IOS multi-tasking can only ever dream of doing. Android can do it today. :)

https://plus.google.com/114002271962291080230/posts/is4K4dVYAA5

qHlAF4Al.jpg

IOS eat your hearts out, you cannot participate in the above screen shot now, or likely, ever. ;)

Also, can this thread please get pinned? This one and a few others IMO should be pinned on top.

Edited by speechles

Redshirt

There are definitely plans for the internal player, but I'm not committing to anything publicly :)

• Like 2

James Nally

Good to see topic pinned, any development news for an update? Thanks.

• Like 1

dchaosblade

I just updated to the most recent version on the Play store.  I am now unable to watch any videos (including videos I watched just earlier today pre-update).  After selecting play, it goes to the blank video playback screen (depending on the video, this is either black or a static image associated with the movie/show) with the details up at the top and the play/pause etc buttons at the bottom; the loading progress circle goes away after a couple seconds and then...nothing.  Playback never starts, clicking the play/pause button doesn't start it, trying to jump to another time does nothing, etc.  If I click the back button, the layout on the previous screen is also screwed up (everything is shifted up off-screen by a bit, making controls on the navigation bar inaccessible).  At this point the device also becomes completely unresponsive, requiring me to hard-reset it.  This is using a Nexus 7 (Gen 2) on WiFi.

Edited by dchaosblade

Redshirt

Let me see the client log for that crash. Logs are in SDCard\MB3AndroidData\Logs\.

Redshirt

I've just pushed version 1.0.41 to the Google Play Store. 

The build contains fixes for playback. Also are some fixes for Chromecast playback. 

This biggest change in the current version is that each server connection now has a local address and a remote address. This is the first step towards having the client survive network switching gracefully. More work will still be needed in a future update. Saved connections will be erased on first launch.

I will attempt to get this same build (including CC support) into the Amazon Store.

• Like 4

James Nally

I've just pushed version 1.0.41 to the Google Play Store.

The build contains fixes for playback. Also are some fixes for Chromecast playback.

This biggest change in the current version is that each server connection now has a local address and a remote address. This is the first step towards having the client survive network switching gracefully. More work will still be needed in a future update. Saved connections will be erased on first launch.

I will attempt to get this same build (including CC support) into the Amazon Store.

much appreciated.

Menissalt

I actually had to buy the app twice, first on Amazon then on Google Play. After a day of nearly pulling my hair out I tried the Play store version to try to get my CC working. I happened to buy it the day before the big sale. :/

I'm happy to support you, It was just a bit frustrating because there's nothing posted that either app is different. Great job on the app though, it looks great, excited to try it with the new bug fixes!

dchaosblade

Let me see the client log for that crash. Logs are in SDCard\MB3AndroidData\Logs\.

I sent logs via the app report function for a couple of the crashes.  Interestingly, none of the files on my device at MB3AndroidData\Logs\ (of which there are many) have a created or modification date from today.

Redshirt

I had a look at that report. I believe I've now patched what caused the client to become non-responsive. However the crash report that is sent to Google doesn't show the events leading up to the ANR. Try deleting all those logs and see if you can recreate the issue. I need to see what the client and server and ffmpeg log.

Redshirt

1.0.42 published. A last minute layout bug was reported. 

James Nally

Much better with chromecast on my end. Only things I am seeing; notification area seeing a pause and play button cycle and also after leaving app and returning the timer gets messed up. Appreciate the update.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Redshirt

Can anyone who purchased from the Amazon store confirm they now have Chromecast support with version 1.0.41. 

Vidman

Updated the Amazon version on my ouya to .41 and it now constantly asks me to install Google play services

Edited by Vidman

gthrift

Updated the Amazon version on my ouya to .41 and it now constantly asks me to install Google play services

Google Play Services is required for Chromecast.  If Google Play Services is already installed then it needs to be updated.

If you're not trying to or going to use Chromecast, then I'm not sure what the solution is for that.

Edited by gthrift

eraser8

Hi Mark,

Is this new release contains new features about remote control "In progress" ?

Thanks for this beautiful app.

Chromecast stopped working with new version from google store for me. I see the mediabrowser logo on TV, but when I press play it just turns black and nothing happens. No video or audio playback works. And I don't get the chromecast icon in notification nor on the lock screen. Mediabrowser app says it's casting, but progressbar is on 0 and doesn't move. I can dissconnect and connect chromecast without issue. I've tried restarting phone, chromecast and MB3 server. Server is current BETA version. 

EDIT: Seems to be a backend issue. As the MB3 server does not detect my chromecast.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7135-chromecast-stopped-working/

Edited by KRA

James Nally

Chromecast stopped working with new version from google store for me. I see the mediabrowser logo on TV, but when I press play it just turns black and nothing happens. No video or audio playback works. And I don't get the chromecast icon in notification nor on the lock screen. Mediabrowser app says it's casting, but progressbar is on 0 and doesn't move. I can dissconnect and connect chromecast without issue. I've tried restarting phone, chromecast and MB3 server. Server is current BETA version.

EDIT: Seems to be a backend issue. As the MB3 server does not detect my chromecast.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7135-chromecast-stopped-working/

same here

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk