Android Mobile

Redshirt

philyew

Currently, there seem to be download issues for the app in.com the Google Play store. It persistently gives a server error when trying to download to a Nexus 5, despite having completed the purchase transaction.

It also does not appear at all when using the Play store on a Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet.

After many failed attempts, the download on the Nexus 5 completed in the background.

I also managed to see the app for the tablet. Google's search algorithm is a mystery. If you search for "media browser 3", it will pull up literally hundreds of apps, but not this one. Yet if you modify the search to just "media browser", it comes up first - as you would expect.

Redshirt

Interesting to know googles deployment doesn't work perfectly.

Darth Octane

I should have mentioned it in the official blog posting, but I'd like to thank @@Darth Octane for his donation of a Chromecast to my development efforts. Hope you like the results Darth :)

You are most welcome. I am glad to have contributed in some way. I can't program but man can I shop on Amazon :-).

I am in love with it. Who needs an xbox in every room now? I have my kitchen, living room and bedroom all running beautifully on it. 3 chromecasts and no more clunky fast forward on a xbox controller.

YOU ROCK!

• Like 4

Tikuf

I am getting battery drain I think, anyone else?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Well drawing lots of pixels on the screen is going to use you battery. All video playback does

James Nally

Well drawing lots of pixels on the screen is going to use you battery. All video playback does

I mean the Chromecast feature it was draining me faster than other Chromecast apps do.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

natedawg87

I had a client crash when I pressed the play button when I was on a season of a TV show.  I have Android client version 1.0.27.  Here are three logs from recreates.  Hopefully this helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hm0lxnm3eztq9re/client-b037b3e2-ceca-4527-b1d2-425f93930b9e.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6tubet4g0tkyq8/client-413eaa32-100e-49b2-be39-0101ee8151af.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsvs3odndv1lgl2/client-8197981b-5e25-4e63-9f12-1761be9511a1.txt

I also had a crash when I reached the end of an episode I was watching.  These are the logs from around that time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsghievtt8rkvlr/client-8d362148-6430-48d3-bdc0-3eff10fa8283.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4h2s6xkgdqlfip/client-cdc85b2a-0724-4c7f-9c89-dbba3204b514.txt

Edited by natedawg87

Redshirt

Github works great for me as I get notified and it's easier to keep track of. I don't expect regular users to use github so it's entirely up to you if you'd rather post here or there. Steps to reproduce are always a bonus. Thanks. 

Fixed for next release.

Edited by Redshirt

Tranquil

Two thinks:

1st.) A movie or an episode tagged as "shown" in episode or movie detail screen within your app does not show the checkmark when going back to the movie or episode overview

2nd.) Feature Request: Select more then one Movie or TV Show Episode for tagging as shown or not shown.

Anyway, really great app!!

Ghostm

Ok one last one then I will leave you alone, i noticed they are also pushing mirroring capability, which would be kind of cool, will that be available at some point for as well?

• Like 1

Ghostm

I noticed in various outlets they are pushing the fact that their android and ios clients can mirror whats on the phone on the chromecast, so browsing your library appears on the chromecast as you browse on the phone.

Im not an actual plex user so i have not tried it myself, i just keep up to date with what various media streamers are doing. 

One publication claimed only on plex, so I dont know how accurate that is. 

Its a short scroll down on the link below.

"Well, as you’re browsing your library on your mobile device, we fling details for the item onto the big screen. It’s perfect if you’re sitting around on the couch with friends trying to decide what to watch. Below are some examples of content mirroring (we mirror movies, shows, episodes, artists, albums, and video clips from channels). All the beauty of Plex Home Theater on your tiny little Chromecast."

https://blog.plex.tv/2014/02/24/chromecast-enhancements-shared-sync-more-omg/

• Like 1

Redshirt

I'm not sure if we're going to do that or not. It's neat for sure. We don't want to be a "me too" app beside Plex but if the users want it...

Ghostm

Ya, i just think it would be cool because mb3 from what I seen produces much nicer metadata/artwork then plex.

Not many things plex has that mb3 does not have (useful for me anyway outside of accessing it and sharing your library outside your home) but its one idea i think they were on the ball with that mb3 users will find useful. I actually found it because i was casting last night trying out your app and when it connected i was hoping to see the artwork on screen as well, but it just had a generic mb3 wallpaper. 

I suppose i can setup a feature request although i think this would be useful across various platforms beyond just an android request. 

And the idea of using it so your family can see your library and select something is also appealing.

And i just noticed its your birthday, so i will wish you a happy birthday, and stop bothering you with requests :)

Edited by Ghostm

cristiantx

Hey, any timeframe for the next build release? Or maybe details of the build cycle. Like once a month, once a week, etc. Thanks!

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

Redshirt

ideally I'd like to release something every couple of weeks, but it's all based on my work schedule and how productive I am when I do work on the client.

ernstgot

now i gotta wait for android app to update with live tv.  with the last server update I cant use live tv though the website.

Redshirt

Live TV is the next big feature I intend to work on. No ETA yet though.

• Like 1

Ghostm

Just a quick question, does the bitrate selected in the android settings have any effect on the chromecast bitrate being streamed? Or does that go beyond the app and more of a server/chromecast determination. 

Redshirt

If you have the most recent version there's a third bitrate option purely for Chromecast.