Android Mobile

Redshirt

Just want to give everyone a heads up.

Beta testing is in the final stages. We're no longer looking at weeks or months before the next release. Keep an eye out for the blog post in the days to come. There's so much going on, I think people will be very happy.

Hope you don't plan on sleeping for a few days when this release comes out...  :P

breezytm

I hope the ui doesn't look anything like some of these media apps i've seen. Of course the names shall remain nameless. Can we get a screenshot you don't mind.

• Like 1

Beta testing is in the final stages. We're no longer looking at weeks or months before the next release. Keep an eye out for the blog post in the days to come. There's so much going on, I think people will be very happy.

Over a week has passed and I have not seen the update, pls pls pls can we have it :)

Over a week has passed and I have not seen the update, pls pls pls can we have it  :)

Yeah..   It's been 7 days and 22 hours.. but whose counting....  :) lol

mini__me

@@spv4u Weeks or Months, does not mean it won't be more than a month ;) And a blog post with screenies could come anytime in advance of the release.

However wouldn't you rather wait for something to be properly tested and released than have something that's almost working but not quite there?

breezytm

Yeah..   It's been 7 days and 22 hours.. but whose counting....   :) lol

and 40 sec 3 milliseconds

but really who's counting. :D

breezytm

No. Wait. For real?  :D

We know that. I was just teasing.

Some screenshots would be nice though. I don't think you need to do any testing for that. At least that's what I am waiting for. If I like what I see I'll wait for as long as it takes. If I don't I stop waiting. 

Edited by breezytm

Redshirt

Here's a better shot of the side bar, and the tablet details view. The blacked out text made it look like something from wikileaks :)

5425f3c299956_20140926230351.png 5425f3d0bb400_20140926231139.png

• Like 4

Here are some screenshots from the latest beta that is in testing. This is not the final beta or final GUI, this is just were they are at. I blacked out some areas for privacy. Not sure what else I can show, but hopefully this will show there is progress.

5425e5215aeb7_Screenshot_20140926165711.5425e533e84fd_Screenshot_20140926165748.5425e540c3c86_Screenshot_20140926165807.

5425e54c5c68a_Screenshot_20140926165914.5425e555e114d_Screenshot_20140926170919.

5425e56360681_Screenshot_20140926165931.

541c76569a983_20140919182306.png

541c78482715b_20140919183518.png

• Like 3

breezytm

Yoda voice {uhmmm...nice this looks. On this my hands can't wait to get.}

Which section of the forum do you guys keep the 'please become an alpha tester today' application? :)

As always, great job guys. It's coming out pretty nice. Definitely worth the wait. Now I am going to go back and stare at my watch. 

the layout has gotten similar to the web client, except with the improved performance that comes from native app.

• Like 1

breezytm

the layout has gotten similar to the web client, except with the improved performance that comes from native app.

Yeah I noticed that and that's a great thing. Unity is always good. Jumping from one app to another without having to figure out where things are on this one versus the other is definitely a plus. At least It is in my book. 

Edited by breezytm

The blacked out text made it look like something from wikileaks :)

You had to say it, now I gotta watch for the black helicopters.  :unsure:  :blink:

dark_slayer

However wouldn't you rather wait for something to be properly tested and released than have something that's almost working but not quite there?

Personally no. There will invariably be more and more things that need to be fixed, introduced, tested, etc. The current apps chromecast performance and inability to specify internal vs external ports keeps me from using it at all since that covers my usage scenario

breezytm

Personally no. There will invariably be more and more things that need to be fixed, introduced, tested, etc. The current apps chromecast performance and inability to specify internal vs external ports keeps me from using it at all since that covers my usage scenario

I can agree with that statement. I always favor when developers allow users to beta test. The reason being is that not everyone's setup is identical. Not everyone requirements/expectations are the same. When the final version is out their will be bugs. @ mini_me wouldn't you rather these issues be ironed before the release date? Would you not be unhappy if you get the client but it's unusable to you? I've never came across a new bug free app. Allow users to beta test give the developer the chance to hear about these bugs and fix them, add users feature requests, etc..before finalizing the software. On release day you would most likely not hear comments like 'its not working for me' and the developer responding back and saying "well it works for me'.

Edited by breezytm

Redshirt

As the user base for the client grows it becomes more and more important to make sure the experience is the best it can be for the majority of users. There will inevitably be bugs, it's the nature of software development. It's the job of myself and the testing team to ensure those bugs are as few and small as possible. I'd love nothing more than to release the client right this minute, but I have to consider the majority of users who aren't active on the forum, who will email/pm me privately or worse post publicly somewhere without giving me the chance to help them.

• Like 1

We have a good size group working on it right now. The distribution methods for the betas for our apps utilize beta delivery methods within the app stores themselves, and some of them limit the number of seats that can be added.

We are in the home stretch of the testing period. It's very close, so you won't have to wait too much longer.

Has there been any testing of the new app with an Android Mini-PC on a television? Curious to know how this new layout works as a 10'UI for those of us not using it for mobile purposes. The app in its current state works, but is a little clunky with a remote. The new app looks great from the screenshots though!

Redshirt

The primary focus of this next release has been on getting the client caught up with the server functionality, Live TV, Channels, streaming improvements etc... The 10' UI had to be put on the back burner. Once this is in the public's hands, I'll be focusing on improvements for a living room client. I'm sure people will be disappointed, myself included. I've wanted to make my Amazon Fire TV my primary HTPC device for a long time. 

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 1

heretostay

Patiently waiting. Just installed the Pioneer Appradio 3 with appradio unchained in my vehicle. Everything is working smooth as butter but would love to be using the Mediabrowser app as opposed to the web client for live tv. 

Thank you all for the efforts. 

• Like 1