Android Mobile

Redshirt

Redshirt

I don't know if this post is pointed at me  ;) but I would be willing to give you an idea of problems I have been having.

1.)  I would like to have the player be smarter about which audio stream to use.  (I am pretty sure you have already addressed this but just making sure.)

2.)  The internal player for some reason will not skip forward using the arrows more than once.  I think I have narrowed the problem down to a problem with the player resetting the internal current time of playback 0:00.  To give you an idea of what I mean, if I attempt to fast forward from 00:54 to 01:24 seconds, it will work.  However, if I attempt to skip in the same playback from say 4:24 to 4:54 (notice the time from 01:24 to 4:24 seconds: a total of 3 minutes), the player will skip instead to 3:30 in the video.  I hope that made sense.

3.)  Also, a note about the UI in general.  I know that you are making huge UI improvements (mostly for the Android TV but hey, I can hope.) but I would like to point out that navigating from an episode using the MediaBrowser button in the top left hand corner takes me back to the home screen.  I would instead expect it to take me back to a season view.

4.)  I have also noticed that when I am streaming media outside of my LAN, leaving playback is extremely slow, i.e. when I stop watching, the UI freezes for long enough to cause Android to think that the app crashed, even though the app may still unfreeze.

Thanks for being willing to listen!  Have to say that I am looking forward to the newest update.

1. has already been dealt with. The client will try to choose an audio language based on language preferences defined in server. As well as other factors... and if it gets it wrong, there's a solution for that as well :D

2. I'm aware of that issue and it's high on the to-do list. Your close in your analyses of the cause. 

3. I'd always intended that as a home button, but as Luke says a nav drawer is becoming the norm. With the next update some of the UI levels will be using a nav drawer and some wont. It's more disjointed than I'd like but it's only until I can refactor the existing views to support it.

4. I suspect that's the playback reporting to the server... It shouldn't be doing that though. Can you recreate the situation and provide a client log so I can verify.

if you look closely at that facebook design, all they've done is cleared icons from the top and moved them to the bottom. Search is the only function in their new design that was not globally available before. So i think it begs the argument of whether it's worth taking away application space when it only buys you one more persistent option. In a media app though that's harder to do because you've got to think about the persistent audio player when music is playing, as well as persistent remote control player. I'm not saying the new FB design is bad, only that it works for them but might not for us.

thefirstofthe300

4. I suspect that's the playback reporting to the server... It shouldn't be doing that though. Can you recreate the situation and provide a client log so I can verify.

What do you know. I just did a total restart, cleared out all of the logs and suddenly everything is working.

1. has already been dealt with. The client will try to choose an audio language based on language preferences defined in server. As well as other factors.

what other factors?

• Like 1

Redshirt

The device profile. Audio channels etc. 

Vidman

would you care to make a forum post about this? i am willing to bet that most users don't realize you can run xbmb3c on android. thanks.

In what section?

• 2 weeks later...
Glyde62

Is it possible to set default sort order on the movies page, would like default as date added

Sent from the secret room in the back of your closet

Redshirt

Not at this time, it's on my to-do list to allow sorting options to be sticky

• Like 2

Glyde62

Not at this time, it's on my to-do list to allow sorting options to be sticky

Cool

wkearney99

Might it be worth checking to see how your devices are resolving that DNS name?  It's entirely possible they're not able to resolve it to the local IP address. 

MKANET

Pardon for not posting too much detail about my setup.  I'm curious it's a known issue where the Android client becomes unresponsive; hanging the entire OS.  I can eventually use the Android Task Manager to kill the process.  This seems to be triggered by issues related to network access/unexpected loss in network access to the MedaBrowser Server (due to poor network conditions).  Fortunately, it's not very often I have issues with Internet access on my phone.

Anyway, if I'm the only person experiencing this symptom, I can gather more details about my setup; and, post.

Edited by MKANET

Haven't been on here for a while now, but I was just curious if there has been any update on a possible Android app with a 10'UI for those of us using droid mini-pc's and such for our tv's.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Pardon for not posting too much detail about my setup. I'm curious it's a known issue where the Android client becomes unresponsive; hanging the entire OS. I can eventually use the Android Task Manager to kill the process. This seems to be triggered by issues related to network access/unexpected loss in network access to the MedaBrowser Server (due to poor network conditions). Fortunately, it's not very often I have issues with Internet access on my phone.

Anyway, if I'm the only person experiencing this symptom, I can gather more details about my setup; and, post.

Did you turn off notifications in Google app settings?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Redshirt

The next release has been in beta testing for the last few weeks. I'll be released when the testers are happy with it.

• Like 5

CBers

The next release has been in beta testing for the last few weeks. I'll be released when the testers are happy with it.

That'll be never then :D

On a serious note, it's coming along leaps and bounds - looks very nice  :)  :)

• Like 2

thefirstofthe300

Looking forward to it!

thefirstofthe300

Duplicate.....sorry.   

Edited by DaBungalow

Glyde62

App is freezing on all my devices lately, Can't recall Any updates, Just started doing it

Redshirt

There hasn't been an update for a few months. Perhaps the update that's currently in testing will alleviate the issue once released.

• Like 1

Vidman

App is freezing on all my devices lately, Can't recall Any updates, Just started doing it

+1 same thing happening to me