Emby TV CLUB

CBers

fantaxp7

Anyone watch the Mad Men finale? Thought it was pretty good. Not great. 

I think the show lost a lot of it's momentum and popularity after that one season where the show ended and didn't come back for like a year and a half...

chef

Dear God... DC has created a Super Girl TV Show.... and it looks like Devil Wears Prada meets the Flash... why??....WHY?!?! AHHHHHHRGH!

DC I am trying so hard to like your TV Series... it is hard enough already.... {shakes head}.

So many problems... how could Barry Alan Defeat the Reverse Flash already. Their Rivalry last years, and years (through almost three different incarnations of the Reverse Flash, and two different people being the Flash) in the comic book.

And the Time line in the final episode of the Flash was not thought out properly!! For crying out loud has no one at DC watched Back to the Future Part Two.

There is a completely viable explanation in that movie about time travel and what happens if you tamper with the past. 

If the Reverse Flashes great great Grand Father shoots himself, then the Reverse Flash Doesn't Exist,and there is no reason for a battle to happen where Barry Alan's mother dies, and therefore, no reason to become the Flash! After all any comic book nerd knows that that is exactly why he becomes the Flash (because he was to slow to save his mother). In the TV Series Universe, there would have been no explosion to give Barry Alan his powers to become the Flash if the Reverse Flash didn't ever exist.

WHHHHHHHYYYYYYY! 

Edited by chef
  • Like 3

swhitmore

Looks like it will be a great summer for Sci-Fi fans!

Some new shows to look out for:

Returning Shows: Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 3

Macburp
  • Extant - July 1 (really looking forward to this

Extant is possibly the worst SF show I have seen in my life. Wooden acting, poor writing, its got it all. How it ever was renewed is quite beyond me.

CBers

Dark Matter & Sense8 look good.

Glad to see some of the others coming back, although I could never get into Extant.

Also gave up on Dominion and Under the Dome.

Sonarr will be busy this summer :)

Edited by CBers

CBers

Speaking of Sonarr, I love the new iCal support :D

Haven't used it. Any good?

Anyone else started watching Wayward Pines?

Not yet, any good?

swhitmore

Yes and yes :P

I added the calendar feed to my outlook calendar. So it now shows on my phone etc.

Wayward Pines is interesting. I've only watched the first episode, but it was enough to make me want to watch the second. 

• Like 1

AdrianW

Wayward Pines is interesting. I've only watched the first episode, but it was enough to make me want to watch the second. 

Yes - I watched the first episode. Very interesting, has a Twin Peaks feel about it.

swhitmore

They are doing a remake of Twin Peaks. I'm looking forward to that.

xnappo

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell on BBC (America)!

One of my favorite books - but can't believe they made it into a TV show - I like it a lot but don't have high hopes for its survival as it is an acquired taste.

AdrianW

Well, episode two of Wayward Pines got a bit graphic towards the end...

with the loss of a major character - the entire town must be under some deep hypnosis or something.

Also, a damn funny episode of Silicon Valley this week - with a high point being the company name cards at the conference  :o

Edited by AdrianW

chef

They are doing a remake of Twin Peaks. I'm looking forward to that.

I think I watched all the old twin peaks, and the two films. Erie stuff.

fantaxp7

Anyone else started watching Wayward Pines?

glad you mentioned it aired already. can't wait to watch it! 

• Like 1

fantaxp7

Well, episode two of Wayward Pines got a bit graphic towards the end...

with the loss of a major character - the entire town must be under some deep hypnosis or something.

Also, a damn funny episode of Silicon Valley this week - with a high point being the company name cards at the conference  :o

"I'd call that natural selection" I thought that part was great lol. 

CBers

I'm really enjoying HALT & CATCH FIRE.

The theme tune does remind me of the tune from the UK's THE IT CROWD :)

• Like 2

Macburp

I'm really enjoying HALT & CATCH FIRE.

The theme tune does remind me of the tune from the UK's THE IT CROWD :)

Season 2 starts 31st May. Looking forward to it - or has the first episode leaked?

shaefurr

Season 2 starts 31st May. Looking forward to it - or has the first episode leaked?

Hasn't leaked as far as I know.

Loved season 1 though, just rewatched it again this week before S2 starts.

fantaxp7

finally got around to watching wayward pines. I really enjoy, though there are some kinda questionable parts to it.

Heckler

Three new shows to report back on.

Aquarius - Starring David Duchovny

I kinda get the feeling that this show came about because of The Following, but that's pretty much a personal opinion. I also have to say that I am a fan of Duchovny and there's very little he's been in that I haven't liked.  This one is no different so far, I've seen 2 episodes and it's intrigued me enough to want to watch the rest of it.  Set in the late 60's amongst the free love hippie movements, tensions over the Vietnam war and rising racial tensions... these are just the backdrop to the real intrigue... Charles Manson before he became the notorious figure he is now.

They've done a decent job with setting the scene for the time period, attitudes and racial tension is rife throughout but somewhat toned down a little I feel.  Performances of most of the cast was pretty good and the story arc seems to hint at many things.

I'll certainly continue watching this one and based on watching 2 episodes so far 8/10

Mr Robot

Set in the world of hackers and big corporations and staring a whole raft of newcomers that are unfamiliar to me... with a small part from Christian Slater.  It follows a socially awkward (probably autistic in some way) young computer genius who likes to hack in spare time and send anonymous tips to the police about bad people. he also uses to it protect the people whom he knows and respects... Seeing as he doesn't exactly have the ability to form relationships, and may actually be delusional about some of the things he sees... It's hard to tell which way this one is going after seeing a single episode... I'm also unsure if this is actually a series or a mini series that may become one if it's a success.

It certainly had me intrigued and the main character is very good and well portrayed, the writing and intrigue in this one is also very high.

Definitely be following this one and based on the first episode 8/10

Stitchers

Now this one is very similar in overall themes to Mr Robot, the main character is socially awkward but in a slightly different way and her 'condiion' just sounds dumb to me and everytime the explain it... it just sounds dumber and dumber. The actress chosen for the lead role is also completely unable to fill the role in my opinion. She's going for the cold, clinical angle because of the condition, but because I can't believe in this so called 'condition' it ends up translating as really bad/poor acting.

The premise is simple... Clandestine govt agency has the ability to 'hack' into dead peoples minds to retrieve memories and the protagonist is the 'only' one who can do it because of her unique condition.

The first episode is very simple, formulaic crap that sets up that through this technology she can get to 'feel' things she's never been able to before... the whole thing reeks of really bad writing.

It reminds me of last years show Intelligence and uses very similar concepts to illustrate the hacking of a dead persons brain... and we all know how that show ended... With cancellation.

It's one saving grace is that Allsion Scaglioti is in it... but as of one episode the part so far seems very minor which is a shame. It's also got Salli Richardson-Whitfield (from Eureka) as their boss.

I don't expect this one to survive a full season (or half season as it's a summer show) and I probably won't bother with it any further unless I am completely bored and have nothing else to watch (In which case I may just finish watching Intelligence instead)

Based on that one episode... 4/10

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I've watched Mr Robot as well. I like the starting point of the story. It is unusual in a way because I can't tell if the main guy is good or not lol :P I guess, only time will tell. It was a good episode and will keep watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

xnappo

Just watch Mr. Robot - definitely not what I expected.

Somewhat of a Dexter vibe, combined with maybe some 'Fight Club'.

Definitely watching.

• Like 2

badaas

Halt & Catch Fire, looking forward to that as mentioned above.

Ray Donovan restarts soon, Jon Voight just works in this, along with Bunchy and the whole crew!

Aquarius to watch.

CSI Cyber is very poor, maybe I know too much, maybe the theme will never work, maybe they should of canned this and kept CSI..

Following axed, Stalker axed too..

AdrianW

Thanks for the heads up re: Mr. Robot - that first episode was just fantastic, and the music is brilliant. Can't wait for more.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 2