Emby TV CLUB

CBers

CBers

Zoo is excellent.

Dark, mysterious, dramatic and the music is creepy.

An excellent show.

Almost a domestic Jurassic Park/World :)

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, that or Elliot was yelling, because Mr. Robot is him... :P

Mr. Robot's latest episode

Well shit, that girl (Shayla I think?) was yelling directly to Mr. Robot and then he smashed the keyboard...I guess the theory that Mr. Robot is not real is in the water? :P

AdrianW

I just watched the first two episodes of UnReal after hearing Constance Zimmer talking about it on WTF a few weeks back.

I wasn't really interested in the premise (behind the scenes of a bachelor type reality show) - but it's a lot better than I was expecting. And it's great to see Shiri Appleby again. 

jluce50

I think you might be  ;). I agree that Clarkson is an ass, but if I limited my entertainment to only people who were upstanding moral characters I wouldn't have many options left.

• Like 1

I think you might be  ;). I agree that Clarkson is an ass, but if I limited my entertainment to only people who were upstanding moral characters I wouldn't have many options left.

Well, you have all of the Disney child stars... oh, wait... never mind....

• Like 1

techywarrior

The show should totally be called "next gear".

And I don't care if he is an ass hat. Don't care about actor's personal lives at all. If you put out a good show then do whatever you want (that is legal, not condoning famous people who break the law because they are famous)

jluce50

I couldn't care less what they call it, as long as they give them free reign to do what they do best.

• 2 weeks later...
fantaxp7

last weeks episode had an interesting moment that made me sit up and wonder...

Mr Robot actually spoke directly to another person in the scene where Elliot was in the bed going cold turkey... However, it remains unclear if that was part of the hallucinations/withdrawl... But it's the first time that Slaters character has directly addressed or been acknowledged by some one other than Elliot.

Finally got caught up on mr. robot, and there seems to be even more evidence that disspells our theory  :). I'm actually very relieved. 

chef

True Detective is killing me with how bad it's been.

I really enjoyed it. The episode where vince vaughns character is talking to the little boy about his dead father, and the pep talk he gives to him is just brilliant.

Also, the shoot outs are fantastic...

Edited by chef

jluce50

I agree. I think it was actually really good. The problem is that they set the bar astronomically high with the first season, IMO. That was one of the best seasons of television ever made and a very tough act to follow.

• Like 1

chef

A lot of the monologues in true detective were written well. The actors did a good job of playing their parts. Each with their back story which unfolded with each episode. It is really dark, and there is quite a bit of foreshadowing throughout the season, and ironic twists

a shot gun nearly kills the one detective early in the season... At the end it is a shot gun which is his final weapon before he is gunned down.

Edited by chef

chef

I think that Mr. Robot is a fight club thing, where Christian slaters character is his other personality.

Or each person in fsociety is a version of mr robots personality.

Just a theory....

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

fantaxp7

I really enjoyed it. The episode where vince vaughns character is talking to the little boy about his dead father, and the pep talk he gives to him is just brilliant.

Also, the shoot outs are fantastic...

I haven't watched for a few weeks but I heard it got good towards the end. 

swhitmore

So we watched the finale of Sense8 last night. Amazing show if you have the time to watch it. There are long periods where dialogue and drama and a little too drawn out, but the final few episodes made the entire series worth it.

Really glad to hear that it has now been renewed for a second season!

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/8/9120717/sense8-season-two-renewed-netflix

Edited by swhitmore

AdrianW

So we watched the finale of Sense8 last night. Amazing show if you have the time to watch it. There are long periods where dialogue and drama and a little too drawn out, but the final few episodes made the entire series worth it.

Glad to hear that. I've gotten up to episode 7 or 8 and just need to find time to carry on. 

Angelblue05

Mr. Robot:

It's pretty great the Mr. Robot theory was confirmed with the last episode. :)

Can't wait to see where the story is headed.

Edited by Angelblue05

CBers

It's pretty great the Mr. Robot theory was confirmed with the last episode. :) Can't wait to see where the story is headed.

SPOILER ALERT !!

:D

Edited by swhitmore

Angelblue05

What?? I didn't say which theory. :( there was a few. I'll add the spoiler tags I guess... But I really didn't think them necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1