Emby TV CLUB

CBers

shaefurr

I'm ready to give it up. I like The Flash though, and I hear Daredevil is good.

Yeah ever since the Flash started Arrow has gotten worse, And Daredevil was friggin awesome. Can't wait for a season 2 of that one.

CBers

I gave up on Arrow at the start of season 2.

Just started watching The Flash, which seems OK. Only seen first 3 episodes.

Whenever I see him running around though, it reminds of the scene from The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon runs to the desert, dressed as The Flash, to shout his anger at Leonard :D

https://youtu.be/HpeF067Hx2Y

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

im85288

Just completed the season of Daredevil in ultra hd (Netflix is great!) and although it's got raving reviews..it didn't really do it for me. I seem to be basing my viewing around 4k content nowadays...luckily there's House of cards and Bloodline next to watch :)

• Like 1

fantaxp7

Just completed the season of Daredevil in ultra hd (Netflix is great!) and although it's got raving reviews..it didn't really do it for me. I seem to be basing my viewing around 4k content nowadays...luckily there's House of cards and Bloodline next to watch :)

I felt it was a good show. I think it was over hyped a bit by everyone, so maybe my expectations were high. 

dark_slayer

Black Sails picked up for me (finally!!) starting with S01E05. Now I'm hooked ;)

Also, of all the shows my wife likes to watch that I find mildly humorous at best (Exes, Kirstie, The Game, Kardashian junk, etc)  . . . a new one named "Younger" has been an good enough mix of humorous, original, and interesting that I enjoy watching it with her

Enjoying Flash/Daredevil as well. Still watching Supernatural here, but not sure how much longer we'll follow that (or how much longer it'll go)

I've never watched Dexter, Numbers, Californication, or Shameless . . . which of those 4 do you all recommend the highest?

Edited by dark_slayer

Scott84Z28

Black Sails picked up for me (finally!!) starting with S01E05. Now I'm hooked ;)

Also, of all the shows my wife likes to watch that I find mildly humorous at best (Exes, Kirstie, The Game, Kardashian junk, etc)  . . . a new one named "Younger" has been an good enough mix of humorous, original, and interesting that I enjoy watching it with her

Enjoying Flash/Daredevil as well. Still watching Supernatural here, but not sure how much longer we'll follow that (or how much longer it'll go)

I've never watched Dexter, Numbers, Californication, or Shameless . . . which of those 4 do you all recommend the highest?

Shameless!

• Like 1

Dexter or Californication - depending on what type of show you want.  Also, beware that Californication is pretty graphic if you will be watching with the wife :).

• Like 1

Macburp

Anyone watching season 2 of SILICON VALLEY?

I'm finding it hard going. It's not as good as season 1.

Thoughts?

To be honest, I've enjoyed this season much more than Season 1. I feel more invested in the characters now. I've watched both seasons as a week on week thing, binge watching does make a difference to your point of view.

Macburp

Season 4 of Dexter is an amazing bit of TV, up there with Breaking Bad.

• Like 1

fantaxp7

Shameless is good, but different. Takes some getting into but I'm a fan.

Dexter starts off solid. Then dips, comes back up and then the ending has had much negative reception.

Californication is a fun show. Some up and down seasons but overall enjoyable because it isn't too serious. 

• Like 1

jluce50

I agree with Dexter and Shameless. I wanted to like Californication, and it had some good moments, but I eventually just got bored with it and gave up.

• Like 2

dark_slayer

Thanks all, so one thing is certain this far . . . nobody cared for Numbers. I may just skip that one, I only had one person ever recommend it and I don't know that I'm into the concept very much

I think I'm going to watch some of the other three if not all. I think we'll start with Dexter

chef

I'm ready to give it up. I like The Flash though, and I hear Daredevil is good.

Might be one of the best series from Marvel yet actually.

The same stunt/fighter who did Captain America winter soldier did all the fight scenes for daredevil.

But lately I have been watching Caliou, Thomas the tank engine and Curious George and the man with the yellow hat...

...Yep...

Edited by chef
  • Like 4

mediacowboy

Might be one of the best series from Marvel yet actually.

The same stunt/fighter who did Captain America winter soldier did all the fight scenes for daredevil.

But lately I have been watching Caliou, Thomas the tank engine and Curious George and the man with the yellow hat...

...Yep...

How about Chuggington? I been watching that a lot.

• Like 1

CBers

nobody cared for Numbers. I may just skip that one, I only had one person ever recommend it and I don't know that I'm into the concept very much

You mean NUMB3RS? I watched every episode and it's really good, especially if you like maths, which is what the basis of the show is all about.

All the characters are good as well.

It was a good show and could have lasted longer.

Edited by CBers

Heckler

Numbers was a really good show, got all of it on my server.

Now for the bad news.

Backstrom, Constantine and Forever are all officially cancelled... The first two I really enjoyed, the latter I was kinda waiting to the season end before grabbing it, but I won't bother now.

Meanwhile the utter shite shows get renewed.

CBers

FOREVER has been cancelled?

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It us one of the better shows on TV.

• Like 1

AdrianW

Backstrom, Constantine and Forever are all officially cancelled... The first two I really enjoyed, the latter I was kinda waiting to the season end before grabbing it, but I won't bother now.

Just because Forever was cancelled is no reason to not watch it - at least it came of some kind of conclusion.

Do you refuse to watch all single season cancelled shows? If so, then you'll be missing out on some excellent TV - e.g. Firefly, Wonderfalls, My So Called Life, Almost Human, Freaks and Geeks, etc.

Heckler

Do you refuse to watch all single season cancelled shows? If so, then you'll be missing out on some excellent TV - e.g. Firefly, Wonderfalls, My So Called Life, Almost Human, Freaks and Geeks, etc.

No... I've just ended up really disappointed so many times and I don't feel like spending the time trying to get into a new show that I know isn't going anywhere... I've done that twice already this year alone with Backstrom and Constantine and I really can't be arsed with another one.

I don't have time to watch every show that's out there... so I pick and choose a few... Never even heard of Forever until it got mentioned in this thread and by then it was 2/3 of the way through a season. I'd much rather spend my time watching something that has a future.

Edited by Heckler

CBers

You'd never watch anything if you knew it didn't have a future :D

Only programmes that do, are news and sport.

All current shows are liable to cancellation.

Heckler

You'd never watch anything if you knew it didn't have a future :D

Only programmes that do, are news and sport.

All current shows are liable to cancellation.

I think you're missing the point here... I picked up several new shows, Backstrom and Constantine among them... I simply don't have time to look for everything new... Too busy and often struggle to keep up with I already have going... I simply do not have the time to add another show to the list when I consider that it's not worth it just for a single season... and I mean a show that has ALREADY been cancelled before I've watched a single episode of it. Unless the shows producers had ample warning and were able to rewrite the last episodes to bring it to a conclusion... which they didn't... I see no point of wasting 18-20hrs on a show that will leave me with unanswered questions and a feeling of disappointment (if I even like the show, there's a 50/50 chance I'll hate it anyway... and then I'll just think you lot couldn't spot a decent show if it jumped up and down waving a flag that read 'quality product' on it  :P  )

It's got nothing to do with 'never' watching a show that gets cancelled... it has 'everything' to do not being interested in wasting my time on a show that is unfinished when I have at least 2 or 3 shows each year that already do that... I simply do not want to add to that list... it's not worth my time at all and suggesting that I am somehow wrong for that is kinda insulting and ignorant.  :)

CBers

Forever was good, but could have been better and it's a shame it was cancelled.

Six seasons of Numb3rs should be worth WATCHING, especially as the series finale is good, IIRC.

In fact, I might have to add it to my collection for later perusal.

thefirstofthe300

Forever ended very well. I am EXTREMELY disappointed that ABC didn't see the potential in Forever but I can totally live with how it ended. Very well done in wrapping up the show but leaving the door open to more stories if ABC had run with it. I still hold out a slim hope that a cable network might pick it up. I don't really expect it to happen though. :(

I just got around to finishing 12 Monkeys season one and must say that it is definitely one of the best shows going at the moment. The entire series premise is very brain-bending but definitely one of the best time travel stories out there.

Edited by DaBungalow
  • Like 1

politby

I just got around to finishing 12 Monkeys season one and must say that it is definitely one of the best shows going at the moment. The entire series premise is very brain-bending but definitely one of the best time travel stories out there.

+1. It had me nailed to the couch all through the season. I'm going to be devastated if it isn't renewed.

• Like 1