Emby TV CLUB

CBers

CBers

Thanks for the heads up re: Mr. Robot - that first episode was just fantastic, and the music is brilliant. Can't wait for more.

He's the Egyptian Pharaoh out of Night At The Museum 2 & 3.

AdrianW

He's the Egyptian Pharaoh out of Night At The Museum 2 & 3.

I knew him straight away from The Pacific and the pilot episode for Believe.

• Like 1

fantaxp7

sounds like I'll have to check our Mr. Robot. 

EDIT: Ahh I remember seeing a preview for this now, when I was at the theater seeing mad max they showed a clip for this show. Totally forgot about the name. 

Edited by fantaxp7

fantaxp7

Stupid question, how do I do one of those Spoiler posts where I can hide the spoiler and users click? 

fantaxp7

Finally got around to watching Mr Robot last night. Great like others have said, but something that bugged me...

How blatantly obvious was it when he switched that folder? He was very conflicted and strung about implanting that IP then he makes such a careless mistake....each folder being a different color....he could have pulled out the folder and left the current one on the desk instead of making it so clear that he switched it. Now I understand that it is part of setting up what is going to happen later. They want us to see that the smart tech guy caught him. But it was just comical in my opinion. Maybe have him do some "slight of hand" switch where only there smart tech guy could see from his angle...or something. Probably over reacting a bit, but it clearly bugged me haha.  

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Anyone watched Entourage? Is it worth a good watch?

fantaxp7

Anyone watched Entourage? Is it worth a good watch?

It's a fun show. I always enjoyed it as a light, good humor show in the mix with others that were aired at the time. I noticed Silicon Valley has a similar structure...not that they are very much alike...but both are comedies really, have a plot that is interesting but not too serious, they way things are going well for them then something happens to ruin their progress...similar vibe. 

badaas

Finally got around to watching Mr Robot last night. Great like others have said, but something that bugged me...

How blatantly obvious was it when he switched that folder? He was very conflicted and strung about implanting that IP then he makes such a careless mistake....each folder being a different color....he could have pulled out the folder and left the current one on the desk instead of making it so clear that he switched it. Now I understand that it is part of setting up what is going to happen later. They want us to see that the smart tech guy caught him. But it was just comical in my opinion. Maybe have him do some "slight of hand" switch where only there smart tech guy could see from his angle...or something. Probably over reacting a bit, but it clearly bugged me haha.  

I thought the same, but..my own spoiler thinkings from Ep.1

Is it deliberate? Did 'we' have to believe it was a bad script moment. Is it all real? He's schizophrenic, is Mr Robot real? Fight Club? But I agree, the guy is a genius, meticulous, that switch is a major f#@k up if not a major plot point :( Matrix, the red pill or blue folder? Maybe he makes mistakes when emotional about his best friend? I'm making excuses cos I liked the show!? ;)

fantaxp7

Is it deliberate? Did 'we' have to believe it was a bad script moment. Is it all real? He's schizophrenic, is Mr Robot real? Fight Club? But I agree, the guy is a genius, meticulous, that switch is a major f#@k up if not a major plot point :( Matrix, the red pill or blue folder? Maybe he makes mistakes when emotional about his best friend? I'm making excuses cos I liked the show!? ;)

Heh, Agreed. 

Edited by fantaxp7
  • Like 1

Not sure how many basketball fans there are here but I got a kick out of the Game of Zones youtube shorts

• Like 2

fantaxp7

Not sure how many basketball fans there are here but I got a kick out of the Game of Zones youtube shorts

haha awesome!

A little dated but still well done.

I am loving the finals right now. Some great games...some poor officiating but still entertaining as hell. 

thefirstofthe300

So I just started on the first season of Suits and I can't believe it took me so long to find it....wow it is an amazing show.

Harvey is one of the best lead characters on TV at the moment IMO. What an egotistical teddy bear...the chemistry between him and the other characters is pretty amazing. Just getting through the first season and I hope the show maintains its quality.

• Like 2

shaefurr

So I just started on the first season of Suits and I can't believe it took me so long to find it....wow it is an amazing show.

Harvey is one of the best lead characters on TV at the moment IMO. What an egotistical teddy bear...the chemistry between him and the other characters is pretty amazing. Just getting through the first season and I hope the show maintains its quality.

Yeah I love that show, It seems to get better each season, this previous season was amazing, cant wait for season 5 in a few weeks

• Like 1

Heckler

Must admit I had a similar thought, and as I previously mentioned... also wondered along the lines of some things being a delusion of some sort.

It's due to start at the end of this month I think...  really looking forward to more of it... and it does seem to be a mini series rather than a full show.

• Like 1

jluce50

Tvdb and IMDB both show Mr. Robot as starting on June 24 and Sonarr doesn't find any releases even with a manual search. How are you guys watching it?

CBers

Tvdb and IMDB both show Mr. Robot as starting on June 24 and Sonarr doesn't find any releases even with a manual search. How are you guys watching it?

Where are you looking?

I've just done a manual search in Sonarr and got loads of results back.

chef

Ummm so I have tried to watch episode one of Sense8 which is a Netflix original show.

I am not sure as it has put me to sleep twice now.

Should I even bother?

CBers

Ummm so I have tried to watch episode one of Sense8 which is a Netflix original show.

Should I even bother?

Same thoughts here, but it picked up at the end of episode 4. Hopefully episode 5 will be even better.

Edited by CBers

TolkienBard

Should I even bother?

J. Michael Straczynski is well-known for taking his time to establish the settings and characters in his stories. His shows, and even his movies, tend to be something more of a slow burn, especially at the beginning. However, once they get going, the momentum just keeps building all the way through the ending. Having taken the time to fill the viewers in on everything they needed to know up front, he doesn't have the typical pauses that let viewers "catch up" while things are explained. I like most of his stuff, but his style is certainly not for everyone, which is one of the reasons he left television for so many years. For the most part networks/studios don't buy into his plans.

I just watched Sense8. I really enjoyed it. But yes, the first episode was extremely slow (introducing 8 "main" characters) and the second one, though it picked up, was also a bit sluggish. Things started to pick up in 3 though, and then, true to his form, once the narrative started picking up steam, it just kept piling on.

• Like 1