Emby TV CLUB

CBers

thefirstofthe300

+1. It had me nailed to the couch all through the season. I'm going to be devastated if it isn't renewed.

Good news on that front. Season 2 is confirmed :) but it doesn't air until 2016. :(

TolkienBard

No... I've just ended up really disappointed so many times and I don't feel like spending the time trying to get into a new show that I know isn't going anywhere... I've done that twice already this year alone with Backstrom and Constantine and I really can't be arsed with another one.

I don't have time to watch every show that's out there... so I pick and choose a few... Never even heard of Forever until it got mentioned in this thread and by then it was 2/3 of the way through a season. I'd much rather spend my time watching something that has a future.

This was exactly the sort of problem Forever had to deal with from when it was launched. ABC's marketing department failed Forever miserably. I only happened to find the show entirely by accident. If it weren't for a special on Amazon Prime for the pilot episode, I ma not have learned about it until it got its second-half pickup. It was a very nicely done show with great character dynamics. Its +3 and +7 numbers were actually very strong, but those don't sell advertising dollars. It's not surprising at all that Hulu viewing led the way for the show. Hulu actually promoted it. I was not even remotely surprised when I saw it was canceled, but I was very disappointed, especially after seeing some of the other stuff ABC decided to bring back.

Crestj

A few really enjoyable shows I've been watching:

Fortitude - Fantastic and griping all the way through - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498622/

The Following  - Great first couple of seasons but I think the last is struggling a little- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2071645/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Helix - Amazing first season but I think they should have stopped there, second season is not even close to as good - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2758950/?ref_=nv_sr_1

dark_slayer

The general plot of Forever seems like something I'd never want to watch, just coming from someone who hasn't seen any of it. The premise is too weak for me to get invested. Also ABC has a pretty pathetic run of shows IMO. Either stretching them too dubious, ridiculous lengths or cancelling . . . rarely just giving a show with an interesting plot a few seasons and calling it quits with advance time to let the series finish. It's always like some used car dealer pushing for more seasons.

Anyway, silly rant aside, a few here mentioned Silicon Valley and I must say it fits my humor quite well. The marginally annoying character (Erlick? Can't remember how his name is spelled) is not so off putting as to ruin the show. The remainder of the cast has a very funny dynamic, IMO. I'll probably watch the first couple seasons

• Like 1

CBers

So, CSI has finally been cancelled !!

And other series renewed/cancelled:

ABC

Renewed
"20/20"
"American Crime"
"American's Funniest Home Videos"
"Beyond The Tank"
"Black-ish"
"Castle"
"Dancing With The Stars"
"Fresh Off The Boat"
"Galavant"
"The Goldbergs"
"Grey's Anatomy"
"How To Get Away With Murder"
"Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
"Marvel's Agent Carter"
"The Middle"
"Modern Family"
"Nashville"
"Once Upon A Time"
"Scandal"
"Secrets & Lies"
"Shark Tank"

Canceled
"Manhattan Love Story"
"Revenge"
"Selfie"
"Cristela"
"Resurrection"
"The Taste"
"Forever"

NBC

Renewed
"The Blacklist"
"Celebrity Apprentice"
"Chicago Fire"
"Chicago P.D."
"Grimm"
"Law & Order: SVU"
"Mysteries of Laura"
"Undateable"
"Hollywood Game Night"

Canceled
"A to Z"
"Allegiance"
"Bad Judge"
"State of Affairs"
"Constantine"
"Marry Me"
"About A Boy"
"One Big Happy"

FOX

Renewed
"Bob's Burgers"
"Bones"
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine"
"Empire"
"Family Guy"
"Gotham"
"Hell's Kitchen"
"Last Man On Earth"
"Masterchef"
"Masterchef Junior"
"New Girl"
"The Simpsons"
"Sleepy Hollow"
"World's Funniest Fails"
"American Idol"

Canceled
"Gracepoint"
"Red Band Society"
"The Mindy Project"
"Mulaney"
"The Following"
"Backstrom"

CBS

Renewed
"2 Broke Girls"
"The Big Bang Theory"
"Madam Secretary"
"Mom"
"Mike & Molly"
"NCIS: NOLA"
"Scorpion"
"Survivor"
"NCIS"
"The Good Wife"
"Criminal Minds"
"Blue Bloods"
"Hawaii Five-0"
"NCIS: Los Angeles"
"Elementary"
"Person of Interest"
"CSI: Cyber"
"The Odd Couple"
"The Amazing Race"
"The Undercover Boss"
"60 Minutes"
"48 Hours"

Canceled
"The Millers"
"Battle Creek"
"Stalker"
"The McCarthys"

The CW

Renewed
"The 100"
"Arrow"
"Beauty and the Beast"
"The Flash"
"iZombie"
"Jane The Virgin"
"Reign"
"Supernatural"
"The Originals"
"The Vampire Diaries"

Canceled
"Hart of Dixie"
"The Messengers"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/08/canceled-renewed-tv-shows_n_7225116.html

Edited by CBers
  • Like 2

Crestj

I remember watching the first 30 seasons of this but tbh I got bored towards the end, it kind of run its course a while back so this is not surprising news.

Easy filter list for cancelled/renewed shows:

http://www.tv.com/news/renewed-tv-shows-canceled-tv-shows-2015-renewal-scorecard-cancelled-series-142669962513/

Edited by Crestj

thefirstofthe300

So why the HECK is NCIS still on? I have lost all interest in the show. Gibbs is a great character and the entire team dynamic is fun but the show is very stale. Someone discovers a dead body. See an interesting corpse. Find a killer, etc. I guess the same could be said for L&O:SVU. And just about every procedural out there. At least when they get a new procedural, you have a new relationship dynamic.

On an unrelated note, what are all of you guys watching this summer? I am thinking sense8 looked pretty good.

AdrianW

On an unrelated note, what are all of you guys watching this summer? I am thinking sense8 looked pretty good.

Definitely going to checkout Sense8. Something called Wayward Pines started last night which I plan to try. The Whispers will also be worth a look, I think.

I've started on two UK shows - one a WW2 period drama called Home Fires, and the other (No Offence) a female cop show from the creator of Shameless. I'm enjoying both of these so far, but they're only two episodes in.

Edited by AdrianW

CBers

I started late with the NCIS franchise (started when NCIS:LA started), so still enjoying all 3 series.

• Like 1

politby

State of Affairs canceled? Argh. Had been looking forward to another season [emoji26]

Xzener

One more like to get to a 1000 !!

Congrats on 1000!!! Now, go like my comments 697 times. :lol:

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 2

Congrats on 1000!!! Now, go like my comments 697 times. :lol:

LOL ...     :)

• Like 2

ginjaninja

Someone at work recommended (UK's)  "Peter Kay's Car Share" to my wife...I had very low expectations but its likeable without setting the world on fire...just two 'salt of the earth' 30 somethings chatting in a car on their way to and from work.

Not for Americans with access to explosions and excitement :-)....Anyone else seen it? ill  watch it to the end. but thats not the highest compliment..im still watching Arrow after all..

Ive started watching a very long running show..supernatural....yes its absolute rubbish but doesnt take itself seriously and with a somewhat interesting story arc through the seasons.....good fodder to wind down to at the end of the day.

• Like 1

CBers

My wife and I have watched the first 2 episodes of "Peter Kay's Car Share" and also thought it was funny.

Very UK based humour.

CBers

Peter Kay is brilliant, Phoenix nights is in my top 10

I wouldn't go that far ;)

ginjaninja

well i am as soft and southern as they come...still am trying your phoenix nights suggestion....should be able to understand with subtitles ;-)

• Like 1

Spaceboy

To be fair I think my northern credentials (if I ever had any) have been revoked a while ago. Born in Derby but been living in London almost 20 years now

• Like 1

dark_slayer

The episode from Silicon Valley was really good yesterday! Anyone watched it? :)

Yeah that was one of the funniest yet
  • Like 1