Emby TV CLUB

CBers

Watching the new Netflix series "Bloodline" and enjoying it.  I'm pre-disposed to like it because it takes place in Islamorada - where my kids and I go for two weeks every summer (and have been for 15 years).

I'm about half way through it and feel it is well done.

Good day,

ah that Game Of Thrones, sure a good one, I just watch S1E1, but ... it rating 18+ :) Just hoping the rest not all about these ...

My best

• Like 1

LOL - Abo - the sex tones down considerably after the first season (to some people's dismay ;)).

• Like 4

CBers

Watching the new Netflix series "Bloodline" and enjoying it.

Just read the synopsis and it doesn't grab me.

Is it based on the book/film of the same name?

LOL - Abo - the sex tones down considerably after the first season (to some people's dismay ;)).

Thanks buddy for the head up, I feet better now :)

Good day,

ah that Game Of Thrones, sure a good one, I just watch S1E1, but ... it rating 18+ :) Just hoping the rest not all about these ...

My best

It is the best show on TV. You just can't watch it with kids.

• Like 2

The problem mostly the wife :)

AdrianW

The problem mostly the wife :)

I watch it with both my wife and (adult) daughter - they both love it.

It's rare to see an episode without sex or nudity - I'm not complaining ;) See this page on IMDB for an idea of how much appears.

• Like 2

I watch it with both my wife and (adult) daughter - they both love it.

It's rare to see an episode without sex or nudity - I'm not complaining ;) See this page on IMDB for an idea of how much appears.

Good day buddy,

Yes, I know about all rating info at IMDB :)

My last reply to Luke as some friendly joke matters.

All my movies/tv are uncut and sure nudity / sexual parts in it normally goes as normal.

This tv series, well, no different from all tv series focus on UK Kingdom (kings and rules) matters, as the tv series one: The Tudors

But way these scenes compare from the 2 tv series sexual parts if you get my meaning on the idea.

I will watch s1e3 today, and hoping to see thing get better for the story.

My best

It turn to be great tv series indeed!

I watch almost season 1 :)

Thanks again for the recommendation to watch this one, well done buddy.

Angelblue05

Yeah, @@Abobader

I think we are very lucky to have GoT now. It's one of these show I hope keeps going for a very long time, make at least a trilogy and even then, I don't think I'd be tired of the story! I wish they would double the format of their episode, because there's way too many protagonists, characters I care about, etc. :)

Just think GoT could have easily been this, haha (I've checked and there's no spoilers for content after season 1) - It's just a 95's intro to Game of Thrones:

Winter is coming.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

it's not going to keep running for a very long time as they're almost out of source material from the author

Angelblue05

it's not going to keep running for a very long time as they're almost out of source material from the author

don't say that!  :( At least I still have the books to read. The storyline differs so it's like starting a whole new GoT journey! Plus did G R R Martins finish writing them? I didn't think he did....

Winter is still coming.

Edited by Angelblue05

jluce50

I'm pretty sure I read that the producers are shooting for 7 seasons. I'm also pretty sure this season marks the point at which they go beyond what is actually in the books. Luckily Martin is pretty closely involved so they at least have a general sense of where to take things.

• Like 1

Swynol

i heard that the tv series is going in its own direction now as the author hasnt finished the books and they dont want to wait for him.

• Like 1

jluce50

i heard that the tv series is going in its own direction now as the author hasnt finished the books and they dont want to wait for him.

Well. sort of. They do have to continue without having the books to guide them anymore. However, George R.R. Martin is involved with the show so they're not totally in the dark.

• Like 1

TolkienBard

Well. sort of. They do have to continue without having the books to guide them anymore. However, George R.R. Martin is involved with the show so they're not totally in the dark.

HBO and Martin have both confirmed though that this current season will be the first to significantly divert from the books. I can only imagine that diversion will increase as they go into seasons 6 and 7. Both parties have also laid claim that the "end" of the show at the close of season 7 will not be a spoiler for how Martin currently envisions his series of books ending. 

I'm not so sure about that last part though. It would seem rather disingenuous to have the television show be essentially the same story, only with a changed ending. I could see the difference being in just who lives and who dies, perhaps changing alliances somewhat, but I suspect the "final outcome" to still be very similar.

shaefurr

I do too, but this entire plot with Ra's is just annoying, can't wait for them to be done with this garbage and move on to something else.

• Like 1

swhitmore

I'm ready to give it up. I like The Flash though, and I hear Daredevil is good.

CBers

Anyone watching season 2 of SILICON VALLEY?

I'm finding it hard going. It's not as good as season 1.

Thoughts?

fantaxp7

Anyone watching season 2 of SILICON VALLEY?

I'm finding it hard going. It's not as good as season 1.

Thoughts?

I like it. I thought the first episode was great.

I watched all of season 1 at once, so I think that continuity vs watching week to week gives a different impression of a show. 

CBers

I also watched all season 1 episodes one after the other.

I'll keep watching, but may not see it through.