Emby TV CLUB

CBers

chef

Anyone else watch the show "The Last Ship"?

My wife loves it, but I am still not too sure if I like it. It has a great plot idea, and the acting isn't terrible, but it is also produced by Micheal Bay.

I think because I have also been watching "The Strain", there is just too many show surrounding the CDC.

CBers

The Last Ship was excellent in Season 1, but seems to have stagnated a bit in Season 2.

Hopefully it'll pick up a bit.

• Like 1

AdrianW

Fear the Walking Dead?

Pretty "meh" 

Nope - I found it very enjoyable. I'll definitely be checking out more episodes.

Another new show that also started yesterday is Blunt Talk - a comedy with Patrick Stewart. A good first episode and not quite what I was expecting - but then Seth MacFarlane is attached, so perhaps I should have been expecting it.

Angelblue05

Fear the walking dead - I liked it actually, because the concept is smart. As a fan of the show the walking dead, the one thing I really wanted to see and understand was how everything actually started. I'm excited to see where they decide to go with it. :)

Still a better spinoff than "better call Saul", imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdrianW

Still a better spinoff than "better call Saul", imo.

Oh, I loved Better Call Saul - fantastic show, can't wait for more.

Angelblue05

Better call Saul - I thought all the episodes were pretty boring. :(

The storyline concept is uninsteresting. Halfway through the first season of breaking bad, I was hooked. However, at the end of the first season of better call saul, I was still undecided. Feeling like "the show is pointless". Other than reusing some of the characters from a genius show, creating a hype by repeating "from the creators of breaking bad", the storyline was just ok in comparaison.

Because I am a fan of breaking bad, I forced myself to watch the show every week, but probably going to drop it, unless they decide to go in a direction that will blow my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im85288

Have to agree, better caul Saul is painful watching. Like Angel I tried to force myself to get into it for two reasons:

1. It is available to watch in 4K

2. It's a spin off from the awesome breaking bad.

Unfortunately it bored me from the first episode and I never made it past episode 2'

badaas

BCS was good, but I think his character is ace and he is great actor, so I'm biased!

You have to watch just for when the skater dewds called Tuco's mum a biznaaaaaatch! (biggest mistake evah!).

:D

jhevener

Saul does get better but not till Mike starts getting involved. IMHO

Next season will hopefully get badass.

• Like 1

AMenard

Started watching "The Leftovers" yesterday... I'll wait to pass final judgment after at least half the 1st season eps, but the first eps was a bit of a snore fest.

Starting the following this weekend:

• The Strain
  • Falling Skies
  • Deliverance

I also have about 4 month of Nova and other PBS documentaries to capture from my DVR for inclusion in my media library...

My favorite and most watched (current) TV series this year so far have been:

• The Walking Dead (I'm up to the 5th season)
  • Gotham
  • Marvel's Agent of Shield
  • Arrow

The other series I've watched (not current) are:

• Band of Brothers (Great)
  • The Pacific (only so so... too much non war related drama)
  • Buffy: TVS (I do an annual marathon of those including Angel... Don't ask why!)
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • Babylon 5 (Again, another marathon!)
  • Battlestar Galactica, the new one as I missed it when it was current.
  • And a ton of documentaries on history or scientific subject.

fantaxp7

Nope - I found it very enjoyable. I'll definitely be checking out more episodes.

Another new show that also started yesterday is Blunt Talk - a comedy with Patrick Stewart. A good first episode and not quite what I was expecting - but then Seth MacFarlane is attached, so perhaps I should have been expecting it.

I didn't feel engaged one bit with this cast and story line of the first episode, and that is very important, probably more so in a spin off type thing (not sure what you want to call it). We all know what is going to happen so the story leading up to that to make us understand the characters and their lives would seem important. The original walking dead episode was so solid. I think the production value feels different too. Of course when you have Frank Darabont directing the first season ( I think most all of them episodes he directed) alongside actors that gave worked with him you get a really solid product. I don't get that seem feel from this. I am a big fan of the walking dead and I do like the concept of this so I'll definitely keep watching.

Blunt Talk I like. Lot of potential. 

TolkienBard

All I know is it is 15 more days before season 4 of Longmire bows on Netflix. It is pretty much one of the only shows I am eagerly awaiting this year. Others would be Elementary and Castle (though it should have ended last season). I was really excited for Forever, but it never stood a chance, so now I am left trying to find yet another new show to try and fill my watching schedule.

I find these days that the high value stuff on television today trumps older television in numerous ways, but that the overall percentage of shows on television actually able to keep me around has dropped drastically. 

thefirstofthe300

Just watched the latest episode of Suits and it is by far the best episode I have seen yet.  It is the only TV episode that I have seen in the last 3-4 years that has actually made me choke up.  Wow....just....wow.  :D

And they seem to be setting up either a massive bang to send the show out on top or a killer start to season 6.  Either way, I will be ecstatic.

fantaxp7

Just watched the latest episode of Suits and it is by far the best episode I have seen yet.  It is the only TV episode that I have seen in the last 3-4 years that has actually made me choke up.  Wow....just....wow.   :D

And they seem to be setting up either a massive bang to send the show out on top or a killer start to season 6.  Either way, I will be ecstatic.

I've got to catch up on Suits. I just hate how much of a drama/soap opera it has felt like in the past few seasons. 

TolkienBard

I've got to catch up on Suits. I just hate how much of a drama/soap opera it has felt like in the past few seasons. 

This is what my problem became. I watched avidly in season 1. In season 2 I still watched, but noticed a different tone developing about mid-way through the season. The end of the season really had me wondering if the direction of the show was changing a bit. The third season lost me. It just became way too much of a prime-time soap and less of a compelling drama. I have, however; heard some good things about the most recent season. Given how little I have left to watch, I may give Suits another shot and see where they wound up. 

Angelblue05

Finished first season of Falling Skies. I like it so far.

It gets really good. Next week is the series finale and I'll be sad to see the show end :(

• Like 1

CBers

Sorry Angel, I deleted my post after I re-read your post :)

I hope it hasn't been cancelled either, but I do wish they got on with it.

It can be a bit slow in some episodes.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

AMenard

Five season is short, especially for those modern series that are more like half season (10-13 episode instead of 22 to 26).

Of course that also mean that there are less goofy filler episode to watch in between the main story arch.

AdrianW

Am I the only one here watching UnReal ? It's an excellent show, do yourselves a favour and at least checkout one episode.

Don't be put of by the premise - I hate reality shows as much as the next person (I've watched a total of about 10 minutes ever), but this thing is just so good.

CBers

Finished first season of Falling Skies. I like it so far.

It gets really good. Next week is the series finale and I'll be sad to see the show end :(

It is the series finale. I don't think it got cancelled (it's been 5 seasons after all) :)

Watched the last 2 episodes last night.

The storyline went very quickly to a conclusion !!

Doesn't look like there is going to be a Season 6.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

lol, indeed CBers. I don't see why they would announce as series finale and plan for season 6.

A show that's been cancelled is Under the dome. It's ending in 2 episodes. Hopefully they will be able to end it in a way that makes sense :(

CBers

lol, indeed CBers. I don't see why they would announce as series finale and plan for season 6.

A show that's been cancelled is Under the dome. It's ending in 2 episodes. Hopefully they will be able to end it in a way that makes sense :(

Under The Dome is ending ?? About time !!

I gave up after season 1. It had a lot of potential, but as usual, they dragged it out for too long.

Might have to watch the last couple of episodes just to see if it matches the ending in the book :)

• Like 2