Emby TV CLUB

CBers

xnappo

So much SciFi!

Thoughts between Dark Matter and KillJoys?  KillJoys seems to be getting more buzz, but my family is liking Dark Matter better.

DigiTM

Has anyone seen ZOO?
Considering it's a CBS show I actually enjoyed the first episode.  Then again having animals turn on you is one of my fears.

Edited by DigiTM

swhitmore

So much SciFi!

Thoughts between Dark Matter and KillJoys?  KillJoys seems to be getting more buzz, but my family is liking Dark Matter better.

Really struggling to enjoy Dark Matter. I wanted to like it so badly as well. I haven't tried Killjoys yet, but I plan to this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
CBers

What is up with Mr Robot!

Episode 1 was excellent, but eps 2 & 3 haven't been as good.

I know it takes time to create characters etc, but this is becoming painful to watch.

Edit: Thanks Angelblue05.

Edited by CBers

Angelblue05

Mr Remote??

Edit: ohh Mr Robot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

badaas

What is up with Mr Robot!

Episode 1 was excellent, but eps 2 & 3 haven't been as good.

I know it takes time to create characters etc, but this is becoming painful to watch.

Edit: Thanks Angelblue05.

I'm thinking the sub-plot is the thing, i'm trying to figure out if it's

Fight Club, Mr Robot is his alter ego.. and all the hackers are his erm.. Hack Club lol

Edited by badaas
  • Like 2

Heckler

Fight Club, Mr Robot is his alter ego.. and all the hackers are his erm.. Hack Club lol

I'm really enjoying Mr Robot, it's more intrigue and drama... there's no action and adventure it's just an autistic (he comes across as aspergers) maladjusted hyper intelligent guy with no real social skills, a drug habit and possibly paranoid schizophrenia.

I've been saying that exact same thing.... Remember how Tyler Durden never interacted with anyone else when they were together at the same time... I noticed the exact same thing going on in this.

Heckler

Has anyone watched Sense8 yet?

It's from Michael J Strazynski who created Babylon 5... it's got a lot of potential and I'm 9 episodes in so far... but it's not without flaws. It's incredibly slow paced, endless amounts of dialogue about meaningless things and then you might get a brief moment of high intensity drama or action that's over far too quickly.

Oh and the credits... over 2 mins long in the beginning and 3 mins at the end... that alone annoys the crap out of me... But there are parts that have me intrigued and i want to see where they take it, although if I must admit... it's only because it's created by MJS that I'm still watching... he always has made slow paced stuff with endless dialogue. It's not always a bad thing, but this isn't the early 90's and things have changed and he does need to up the pace a few notches to make it better.

swhitmore

Yeah, my wife and I enjoy it. We are up to episode 8. I nearly had to stop watching it when they had an Australian character with the worst accent and 'Australian' dialogue I've ever witnessed. It made us cringe so god damn hard.

I like the drama, and I'm a sucker for mysteries. I just hope that the reveal is a good one. It feels like a big investment to keep watching, and I just hope it pays off.

although if I must admit... it's only because it's created by MJS that I'm still watching...

I actually only started watching it because of the Wachowski brothers (brother and sister?)

Edited by swhitmore

xnappo

We are liking it.  Just make sure the kids are in bed asleep!

Edited by xnappo

badaas

I'm really enjoying Mr Robot, it's more intrigue and drama... there's no action and adventure it's just an autistic (he comes across as aspergers) maladjusted hyper intelligent guy with no real social skills, a drug habit and possibly paranoid schizophrenia.

I've been saying that exact same thing.... Remember how Tyler Durden never interacted with anyone else when they were together at the same time... I noticed the exact same thing going on in this.

Haha yes, and

He doesnt flinch when Mr Robot touches him, and in the bar the barman doesnt look at Mr Robot at all when asking what Eliot wants and scowls at him as if hes there on his own not buying anything..

• Like 1

fantaxp7

Yep been watching out for this too.

I was so happy when someone acknowledged the hacker girl that follows him home. I was certain that she was imaginary, until his druggie girlfriend mentions her. But at this point it seems all Slater to be imaginary....It better not be that simple. But so far it's still really enjoyable. 

DigiTM

True Detective is killing me with how bad it's been. 

It's definitely not up to the Season 1 standard. :(

Swynol

really enjoying entourage atm. once that finishes will try ballers and how to make it in american 

• Like 1

AdrianW

My current favourites:

• Humans
  • Mr Robot
  • Wayward Pines
  • Not Safe for Work
  • The Astronaut Wives Club
  • Another Period

Heckler

Yep been watching out for this too.

I was so happy when someone acknowledged the hacker girl that follows him home. I was certain that she was imaginary, until his druggie girlfriend mentions her. But at this point it seems all Slater to be imaginary....It better not be that simple. But so far it's still really enjoyable. 

last weeks episode had an interesting moment that made me sit up and wonder...

Mr Robot actually spoke directly to another person in the scene where Elliot was in the bed going cold turkey... However, it remains unclear if that was part of the hallucinations/withdrawl... But it's the first time that Slaters character has directly addressed or been acknowledged by some one other than Elliot.

Edited by Happy2Play
fixed spoiler
  • Like 1

Heckler

It's definitely not up to the Season 1 standard. :(

When I heard who was going to be in it... I knew it was going to be bad... Vaughn and Farrell are really poor actors in my book... and aren't even in the same league as Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.

I don't even need to download it to know I won't like it, because I simply don't like their movies.

badaas

Mr Robot actually spoke directly to another person in the scene where Elliot was in the bed going cold turkey... However, it remains unclear if that was part of the hallucinations/withdrawl... But it's the first time that Slaters character has directly addressed or been acknowledged by some one other than Elliot.

Yeah that was odd.. but he does seem to just sit around doing nothing but pull quizical faces.. Maybe Mr Robot is real and Elliot is his imagination hahahaa.... rewind :D

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, that or Elliot was yelling, because Mr. Robot is him... :P

• Like 1

joshstix

really enjoying entourage atm. once that finishes will try ballers and how to make it in american 

Thanks for mentioning Ballers.  I hadn't seen anything about it but I've watched the first few episodes and am liking it.