Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

VicMoore

Hello @JunglejimI will look into your suggestion about "clear all".  Is everything else working OK?

Vic

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello @JunglejimI will look into your suggestion about "clear all".  Is everything else working OK?

Vic

I’m just travelling back from Deutschland.. when i get back… i can make this plugin available in the catalog… most of the quirks are now resolved.

@ebr instead of me posting to catalog, would you consider giving vic access to emby Admin.

either way I’m happy 😃 

• Thanks 1

gillmacca01

Need some advice on tagging Live TV

This is the first screen I see when launching the plugin:

image.thumb.png.89d49ffd23788434ea1fc8d5b1bcb9f8.png

After clicking Live TV, I see this screen

image.thumb.png.cb85f5bd315aad40cf39ce41c7a8f08b.png

Applying filters (using categories that already exist in Live TV), and I returned to the above screen, where it appears no filters have been applied.

Have I done it the wrong way?

VicMoore

I have not added tagging live tv yet.

Vic

@gillmacca01 I like your icons

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

I just posted plugin 3.0.

I added creating and editing playlists.   And corrected a few bugs.

Vic

Maarten

I can filter by subtitle codec and audio codec. Nice, but it cannot filter those 2 by language, only by codec? 🤔

And is there a option to filter by path/filename? Search for string seems only to work in titles.

thanks.

• Like 1

___WhoAmI___

Got the plugin up and running. 

But its really difficult to know how to navigate simple things. And i dont think the help file is very helpfull. 

For example, just setting a filter that list all movies in specific path, seems very difficult to do. 

The path in question would be: 

/mnt/5TB/MOVIES/

Also i believe you cannot bulk edit, to make the plugin read the data created of files. 

But it seems you can however make a specific date, and bulk edid according to that date though!

That would be the next best thing, 

image.thumb.png.4a5b873772928b6e29051305ec67eb8b.png

___WhoAmI___

Also, it seems if you want to do bulk edit, you cannot, neither hold ctrl, alt, or shift, to only make a selection of a range if items. 

Either you have to choose the files one by one, or you have to select everything. You cant you select for example the first 10 items, by presing first item, and then go down to item 10, and for example press another key to select the selection. 

Im I missing somehting?

Junglejim
On 06/05/2023 at 22:35, VicMoore said:

Vic

Hi Vic, for the main part everything is working great.

There are a few issues that I have reported but that's just me testing things out. :)  They don't really affect me personally.

The "clear all" would be nice though, thanks for taking a look!

Keep up the good work mate! 👍 Your doing the community a great service here!

• Agree 2

VicMoore

@__WhoAmI__,      yes that is how it works - I have not yet implemented selecting ranges - once everything is debugged I will revisit ranges.

In the custom filter you can search on path.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

Junglejim
17 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@Junglejimthanks for the kind words.  How would you like the clear all to work?

Vic

Hi Vic, it works great in most situations. It just seem that the filtered results seem to all be selected and the clear all doesn't work as expected there. I mentioned it a few posts back if you remember. If your just manually selecting items within a library and decide to clear all and start again it works ok. 👍

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm the only one that thinks it needs fixing. 😁

Junglejim
On 07/05/2023 at 21:38, VicMoore said:

Thanks @rbjtechfor the link.  I never knew such icons existed. 

Vic

Yeah Vic I really like those icons too and have been using them for a long time. Thanks to @atomicmoonfor releasing such a great set of media icons. 👍

Screenshot_2023-05-13_14-53-18.thumb.png.d686a63012afec0650ac3bf7e9354f10.png

fwemby67
On 5/6/2023 at 6:08 PM, VicMoore said:

I have not added tagging live tv yet.

Vic

@gillmacca01 I like your icons

Hi, Vic, I have the same issue with Gillmac, could you let us know when you will add tagging live tv? I have too many channels that need tags to group for easier browsing. thanks.

VicMoore

Hello @fwemby67I love live tv and I included tagging channels in the earlier browser based Emby Tool.  I plan to port that code to Bulky soon.  Before I start doing that, I have to get this plugin into the Emby plugin library and before I can do that I need to make sure this plugin is stable.  You can speed the process by testing the plugin and feeding me bug reports.  I would appreciate any help.  You could also let me know what functionality you want. Have you used the browser based Emby tool?  I can send it to you if you like.

Vic

fwemby67
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

Hello @fwemby67I love live tv and I included tagging channels in the earlier browser based Emby Tool.  I plan to port that code to Bulky soon.  Before I start doing that, I have to get this plugin into the Emby plugin library and before I can do that I need to make sure this plugin is stable.  You can speed the process by testing the plugin and feeding me bug reports.  I would appreciate any help.  You could also let me know what functionality you want. Have you used the browser based Emby tool?  I can send it to you if you like.

Vic

Hi, Vic, No, I haven't used the browser based Emby tool, I am very new to Emby and even newer to this community. I'd appreciate if you could send the tool to me. As far as testing the plugin, I will try my best to feed any bug reports or feature suggestion within my focused area. right now I mainly use Emby for Live TV viewing and there are very few movies or shows in my library. thanks!

VicMoore

@fwemby67The tool is attached below. Just unzip it and click on tool2.html.  With this tool you can tag your channels.  Eventually the capabilities of this tool will be included in the plugin.  

With the tool you can look at the live tv EPG, Play Shows, and tag Channels.  You can also watch TV channels, even hard to play channels like Pluto TV.

Welcome to Emby. It's a friendly community.  I am glad you are here.  

Vic

Tool2.zip

Edited by VicMoore

fwemby67

@VicMooreThanks for sending the tool. It does exactly what I need, adding tags to the selected channels 🙂 there are few things I noticed with the editor UI, 

• "Filters" button doesn't work, it does nothing when clicked, and there are errors in the console log.
  • Better to have a deselect all or cancel selection key (eg. using ESC key?)
  • Multiple selection by holding down "shift" key doesn't select from the last selected to the current position, but selects all channels instead

no need to fix anything as I am good with the tool for now. thanks again!

VicMoore

@fwemby67I am glad that the tool does what you need.  I am adding the ability to tag channels to the plugin as we speak.  It will take me a few days. 

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

@fwemby67I just added "channel editing" so you can now tag channels and edit their meta data.  Give it a try and let me know if it works as you expect.

Vic

VicMoore

The new 3.5 version of the bulky plugin can now edit live tv channels.  Give it a go.  

Vic