Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

ZLuckyTraveler

I am having issues with bulk editing TV Series. I am wanting to remove all tags from an Anime library, and when I apply the filter and select bulk edit, it has me have to go through all 519 tv series to edit each one individually. I even tested out by applying "Remove Tags" & "Delete All" to about 20 of them going through each one individually and then selecting "Save". I'll receive a loading spinning circle, which will spin forever, and no changes are being applied in the end still.

I've provided a screenshot video as well of how I'm using it, maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Junglejim
1 hour ago, ZLuckyTraveler said:

I do not think the video uploaded...trying since more

Have you tried not using the filter option has tag..(could be a bug there).

Just select the library in question, then shift select to select all, then bulk edit and delete all tags and select save?

VicMoore

Hello @ZLuckyTraveler

I looked at your video (a movie was a great idea, thanks) and all you had to do was click the "save" button and it would have removed the tags on every selected item. The "prev" and "next" buttons let you view each selected item if you choose to do so.

This should work, but if you get the spinner again and it never goes away then there is another problem.  It will take a minute or so to edit over 600 items.

Let me know if this does not work and I will look deeper into the code to fix the problem.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

Ixionx

Hello! Love the plugin but was hoping you would be able to put in Australian parental ratings? 

They don't seem to be selectable when I go in to edit. Am I doing something wrong, or do these not currently exist in the plugin? Thanks!

ie: image.png.b8a514c2fbd4215e40daae474183fc2f.png

• Agree 1

VicMoore

Hello @MBSki as promised attached below is the Bulky plugin with the Library search button added. You can search for one or more tags across one or more libraries.  Let me know how it works for you and any suggestions that you might have.  Let me know if you find any bugs.  I plan to upload it to the plugin library in a few days.  Thanks for helping with this feature.

Vic

Emby.Bulky.dll

Edited by VicMoore

rbjtech

Does anybody know how to select all Episodes in TV Series (to apply a filter, bulk edit or whatever).

I can select all the 'TV Shows' that's fine, but I want to apply it to all 'episodes' as well - not just the TV Shows ...

Thanks !

edit - maybe I need to use the new DLL posted by @VicMooreabove - as this is a library level search .. ?

Edited by rbjtech

VicMoore

@rbjtechare you saying that you want to select all of the episodes for all of the seasons of a particular TV show?

Vic

rbjtech
1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

@rbjtechare you saying that you want to select all of the episodes for all of the seasons of a particular TV show?

Vic

Hi Vic,

Thanks for taking a look !

So I think the latest release above does what I want.    As I'm running the 'Bulk Edit' as we speak.  It's taking a while, but that's to be expected with 30K episodes ... 🤪

I want to find a particular Tag from a 'Library' level search - so for TV Series, this would include all the Episodes as well.

In bulk edit - it's now listing episodes - so I *think* that has worked just fine - using the new 'Library' Level search. :)

However - it would be 'nice' to have this ability (to include all episodes) when you select a Show or Shows - ie the 'filter' you use applies to the episodes for that show as well, not just the show level itself.    Films/Movies obviously don't have anything 'below' the normal level, TV Shows do.

I'm not sure if that makes sense ?

Films > Film 1

TV Series > Show1 > Episode1

rbjtech

Also - while I have you - have you thought about ever adding debug or Normal level 'logging' into your Plugin - so users can see exactly what items have been updated in the main emby log file ?

I ask because the 'spinner' means it's 'busy' - that's fine - but it would also be writing it's progress into the log - so you can see exactly what it's up to - and also have a full log of what it has (or hasn't) completed.

rbjtech

..to add - Library Level search/bulk edit worked perfectly the first time - but now it can't find anything at all..

Let me do some more testing .. brb

Edited by rbjtech

VicMoore

@rbjtechWow I have a lot to learn about debugging and logs - the answer to your question is yes - I would like to do more logging - I just need to learn how to do it.

Does the new Library search for tags do what you want?  I can add to what it does if you have ideas.  I put this feature together to get suggestions on how to improve it.  I also wanted to search across my libraries for all of the programs and tv shows that I have for each virtualTV channel.  I tagged the content for channel 1 with the tag "channel_1" and so on for all of the channels.

Vic

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@rbjtechWow I have a lot to learn about debugging and logs - the answer to your question is yes - I would like to do more logging - I just need to learn how to do it.

You are using html/js and api call's arn't you (if I recall from the early days of this being an html file..) - so writing to the log should simply be an API call and just pass the entry 'text'.   I've used it a lot with c# as I've done lots of enhancement work with cheese and chef on logging .. haha.    Happy to try and help here if I can.

9 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Does the new Library search for tags do what you want? 

Yes it did - but it's only worked once - now it doesn't appear to find anything on a new query - let me do some more testing and I'll come back to you ...

Thanks !

VicMoore

@rbjtechI am using the Emby ApiClient.   The plugin C# core is a creation of @Cheesegeezerthat allows me to do everything in JS. He did a great job.  I know C# but I am not skilled in it like I am in JS.  

I have an idea I would like to bounce off of you. I would like to add to the plugin a simple way to select content and build virtualTV channels.  The idea is that a user would select content across libraries and then tag that content in bulk with a tag.  Then in virtualTV all you have to do is associate a channel to match the tag given to the content.  You would manage the channel content across the Emby libraries. In a way, the idea of libraries disappears.  What do you think?   Have any improvements?  

Vic

rbjtech
8 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@rbjtechI am using the Emby ApiClient.   The plugin C# core is a creation of @Cheesegeezerthat allows me to do everything in JS. He did a great job.  I know C# but I am not skilled in it like I am in JS.  

ok - so assuming the core C# is using the standard Emby LogManager (setup as part of the Plugin EntryPoint.cs file) then in c# it's just a case of using 'Log.Level("contents");'  - ie Log.Info("This is a test Info Log written to embyserver.txt");

Maybe share the cs source files over PM if you like and I can take a look - or via github if it's on there ?  btw, I'm no coder - I'm most happy modifying somebody elses code lol.. 🤪

14 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I have an idea I would like to bounce off of you. I would like to add to the plugin a simple way to select content and build virtualTV channels.  The idea is that a user would select content across libraries and then tag that content in bulk with a tag.  Then in virtualTV all you have to do is associate a channel to match the tag given to the content.  You would manage the channel content across the Emby libraries. In a way, the idea of libraries disappears.  What do you think?   Have any improvements?  

I'm not that familiar with the virtualTV Plugin - but the concept sounds solid.    This is on everyones list tbh and is something emby have been promising for a long long time but never actually delivered on.   There is a 'smartlists 2.0' plugin that creates a 'playlist' based on various attributes (incl Tag's) so what we really need is a combination of that, your bulk editor and a 'channel creator' (from the likes of cheese or chef) to create the actual resulting 'channel'.    Playlists are 'ok' but they just don't look good vs 'channels - aka virtual libraries.

Maybe create another thread to keep the Dev conversation off your Bulky thread, but it would certainly be nice to work though some ideas/concepts on how this would work - as we seem to have the 'pieces' - it just all needs bolting together !

sandman32

Hi, I apologize if I have missed it but can I bulk assign channel numbers in live TV with this tool?  My iptv mostly leaves the channel numbers blank, and I would like to assign channel numbers.  Ideally I would say these selected channels assign a number from 1000 and up, but I'd also be happy if I could just give them all the same channel number (I'd assign them all channel 1000 and then pick and choose my favorites to assign lower numbers).

VicMoore

hello @sandman32... Yes you can.  Click the Live TV icon to display all of your  channels,  then select (click) all of the channels that you want to bulk edit 

next click the "bulk" button to edit them simultaneously, or click "Edit" to edit them one at a time.

Vic

sandman32

Hi @VicMoore, when I try to bulk edit channels the only options it allows me to edit are the tags and whether or not these items are locked (Name, Sort Name, Channel Number, Tags).  It doesn’t allow me to enter channel numbers on a bulk basis.

Thanks for your reply! 

VicMoore

@sandman32I am finishing up some other programming work right now.  Remind me in a couple of weeks and I will look into adding the feature you want (bulk adding sequential channel numbers). 

Vic