Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

mixXxim
mixXxim

I still have one 😉

here the default setting is =
in the plugin we don't have a default setting
default is empty

can you also set the standard setting to is equal to = in the plugin?

Danke liebe Grüße aus Berlin

Standard einstellung ist gleich.jpg

Standard einstellung ist leer.jpg

fwemby67

Hi, @VicMoorehappy Saturday! Today I opened up Emby and found all the tags created on my LiveTV channels by bulky are gone. I had the problem before and you told me to use lock which solved the issue but now they disappeared again. Is it because of the bug introduced in the latest version? I am on 1.0.0.23 now and about to recreate the tags, just want to make sure if your fix also covers this bug so I don't need to recreate tags again. thanks!

VicMoore

Hello @fwemby67good morning to you.  If they were locked they should have stayed set.  The problem I just fixed concerned bulk editing.  I will try and duplicate what's happening to you.   Thanks very much for reporting this issue.

Vic

VicMoore

Hello @mixXximI hope it's a nice day in Berlin.

I understand what you are saying.  Let me think about it for a bit.  I think the fix is easy.  I appreciate you pointing this out.

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

Later today I will update the Bulky plugin.  I added:

1) simplified the code

2) preserve the aspect ratio of images

3) added a show folders button

4) made several cosmetic changes and corrected a few small bugs

5) moved the "Cast to TV" button out of Edit.  It's now in Movies, TV Shows, and Music Videos

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 3

VicMoore

Update completed -- version 1.0.1.2   --  give it a try

Vic

mixXxim

under version 1.01.21 the custom filters don't work anymore, something went completely wrong

Custom filter falsch.jpg

mixXxim

Here the version 1.0.1.0 the buttons are there and work

Thanks very much

Custom filter richtig.jpg

VicMoore

@mixXximI will fix the problem with the buttons ASAP. And, I will answer you other question tonight.

Vic

VicMoore

@mixXximI fixed the buttons on the custom filter.  I will upload the plugin later today.

The reason that the custom filter does not have default operators is because several users wanted to test for empty fields. So, I had to distinguish a test for "no value" from a field that is not part of a test at all. The empty operator field lets me know which tests to skip over.

@mixXximI greatly appreciate your plugin testing and reports.  Your contributions to this project have been many.

Vic

• 2 weeks later...
VicMoore

@GrimReaperHello old friend... I have a question for you. Is there a plugin that saves all of your emby images?  It seams like you mentioned one a while back.

Vic

GrimReaper
25 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@GrimReaperHello old friend... I have a question for you. Is there a plugin that saves all of your emby images?  It seams like you mentioned one a while back.

Vic

Hey up, Vic

Yeah, @mickle026's plugin has a ton of options, backing-up images locally is one of them, don't let the Topic Title misguide you, it just started that way, it evolved to include a lot of stuff afterwards (similar to your tool's journey 😉). 

Latest plugin version for stable release:

Latest for beta branch (don't know whether still compatible):

Cheers. 

• 2 weeks later...
the-dumb1

Hi @VicMoore!  Kudos to making my feature request from > 8 years ago a reality.  I'm extremely happy to be able now to bulk edit my video collection.  I noticed there's a button for "Folder"; assume this makes folder view possible.  It doesn't seem to work for me; I click on it and the count for what is in my library immediately turns to 0.  I turn folder view off and am able to see all my videos.

Also, I was pretty excited to see that there's a feature to play videos and select my own thumbs/etc.  I don't seem to be able to find this "Play" button anywhere regardless of browser.  PEBKAC?  

Again ... THANK YOU!!!!

VicMoore

Good morning @the-dumb1I appreciate the kind words. The Folder option will show the folders in a view. When you get a count of 0 it means that you don't have any folders in that view. Now that said, I will check to see if it is working properly. Almost always when I fix one thing, I break another 🙂 I appreciate you reporting this to me.  As for the play button, look for the button "Cast to TV."  This button will play the video on any of the TVs or computers on your network that have an Emby client installed. It actually sends a playlist to your TV or monitor. 

Vic

the-dumb1
On 7/5/2023 at 5:38 AM, VicMoore said:

Good morning @the-dumb1I appreciate the kind words. The Folder option will show the folders in a view. When you get a count of 0 it means that you don't have any folders in that view. Now that said, I will check to see if it is working properly. Almost always when I fix one thing, I break another 🙂 I appreciate you reporting this to me.  As for the play button, look for the button "Cast to TV."  This button will play the video on any of the TVs or computers on your network that have an Emby client installed. It actually sends a playlist to your TV or monitor. 

Vic

So, I have two libraries.  One contains the bulk of my videos stored in various directories and sub-directories; videos in this folder may also contain foreign-language characters in the filenames.  The other is at most two folders deep.  The one that is only two folders deep seems to work just fine in Folder view, but the more complicated one doesn't.

With regards to the the "play" button, I see the Cast button and that works just fine, but I'm not seeing how I can change fanart/backdrops using captures from the video.  It looked like that is a feature of your plugin?

VicMoore

Hello @the-dumb1sorry for the delay.  I have been very busy helping my wife.  

I will check out folders again. I only tested it for two folders deep, so I could have missed something.

The video capture feature is in the standalone Emby browser tool.  I have not yet implemented it into the plugin.

Vic

• 2 weeks later...
VicMoore

I have been playing with searching for tags across the entire Emby library.  Is anyone interested in this feature?  I can also combine multiple views into one.  

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

MBSki
10 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I have been playing with searching for tags across the entire Emby library.  Is anyone interested in this feature?  I can also combine multiple views into one.  

Vic

Yes, absolutely!

VicMoore

Hello @MBSkinice to hear from you.

I will post some code in a few days. It will show the idea I have and give you an opportunity to add your ideas as well.  I am interested in your thoughts.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore