Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

Junglejim
33 minutes ago, Pejamas said:

Works a treat with community rating! However, unless I'm going blind, in the custom filter list there is no "critic rating" field appearing.

Yeah it seems to be missing, the normal filter has "min critic rating" but that wont help with a null value.

Hopefully Vic can add it to the custom list too. ;)

Edit: Also the "min critic rating" in the normal filter dropdown list are in decimal values (1.0, 1.5, 2.0.. etc.), critic rating are usually % out of 100...

Screenshot_2023-04-25_12-30-16.png.14606d239a6077b45f41110c19315664.png

92%...

Screenshot_2023-04-25_12-31-33.png.3cd9d1b117610d8fed62d5435930deaa.png

Edited by Junglejim

VicMoore

I will check into your comment about "Critic Rating" tomorrow.   

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

Well, I looked at the code and discovered that 'Parental Rating" is mapped into the Emby 'official rating'  and 'Critic Rating' is mapped into the Emby 'Custom Rating.'

I will try and find out it this is correct inside Emby. If so then I will make the necessary code changes.

Vic

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

Well, I looked at the code and discovered that 'Parental Rating" is mapped into the Emby 'official rating'  and 'Critic Rating' is mapped into the Emby 'Custom Rating.'

I will try and find out it this is correct inside Emby. If so then I will make the necessary code changes.

Vic

Actually Vic, im pretty sure that..

1. parental rating = official rating
  2. critic rating = rotten tomatoes rating
  3. custom rating = custom rating

@ebr  @Luke  @softworkz

can you confirm this please 👍👍

2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Actually Vic, im pretty sure that..

@ebr  @Luke  @softworkz

can you confirm this please 👍👍

Correct.

• Thanks 2

VicMoore

Looking at the code again:

there are three ratings in the Emby Object

1) OfficialRating   (ParentalRating)

2) CommunityRating   (Rotten Tomatoes Rating)

3) CustomRating   (CustomRating)

I don't find a "CriticRating."   It must be "CommunityRating."

Is this correct?   If so then we don't want the CommunityRating field to be editable.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

GrimReaper
5 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Looking at the code again:

there are three ratings in the Emby Object

1) OfficialRating   (ParentalRating)

2) CommunityRating   (Rotten Tomatoes Rating)

3) CustomRating   (CustomRating)

I don't find a "CriticRating."   It must be "CommunityRating."

Is this correct?   If so then we don't want the CommunityRating field to be editable.

Vic

Nope. There are actually 4 rating types/2 groups (and Emby terminology might be a bit lacking in that respect):

1) Community Rating (as in IMDB) 

2) Critic Rating (as in Rotten Tomatoes) 

----------------------------------------------------------------

3) Parental Rating 

4) Custom Rating 

1) and 2) are actual numerical ratings, i.e. how "good" something is, while 3) and 4) are Certifications, i.e. how suitable it is for a certain age group, with 4) overriding 3) for access control purposes when inserted. 

Hope this helps.

• Agree 1

VicMoore

Thanks @GrimReaperfor the info. 

From my viewpoint, the Emby object for an item has only

1) OfficialRating   

2) CommunityRating, and  

3) CustomRating  

These ratings are being referred to by users as 

1) Parental Rating

2) Rotten Tomatoes Rating

3) Critic Rating, and now

4) IMDB rating

In the editor I can use only one name. So, which should be used and how should it be mapped to the Emby Object Names?

Or should I just use the Object Names?

Vic

GrimReaper

If only 3 ratings are returned for an object, which I somewhat doubt, it is more likely that the items you are testing with don't have all 4 of those attached, then they're as @Cheesegeezerstated:

On 4/25/2023 at 6:21 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Vic, im pretty sure that..

Community Rating refers to IMDB rating, if present. 

VicMoore

@GrimReaperthanks for the education.  My new understanding is that my current implementation is correct and does not need to be changed. I now know what the different ratings mean and how they are used.

Vic

Junglejim
14 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@GrimReaperthanks for the education.  My new understanding is that my current implementation is correct and does not need to be changed. I now know what the different ratings mean and how they are used.

Vic

Your "Min Critic Rating ?" filter does nothing!

That's because it has a (decimal) drop down selection (1.0, 1.5, 2.0... 🙄). The Critic Rating is a % (integer) 🙃

GrimReaper
56 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello @JunglejimI understand your comment. Is the value always an integer and never a decimal number?  

Vic

Emby gets its IMDB (Community Rating) and RottenTomatoes (Critic Rating) ratings from OMDB api:

{"Title":"65","Year":"2023","Rated":"PG-13","Released":"10 Mar 2023","Runtime":"93 min","Genre":"Action, Adventure, Drama","Director":"Scott Beck, Bryan Woods","Writer":"Scott Beck, Bryan Woods","Actors":"Adam Driver, Ariana Greenblatt, Chloe Coleman","Plot":"An astronaut crash lands on a mysterious planet only to discover he's not alone.","Language":"English","Country":"United States, Canada","Awards":"N/A","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BYzFhM2M1MDUtNDhmNC00YzEzLThiMzctYWYxZTc0MGJhNWYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[{"Source":"Internet Movie Database","Value":"5.5/10"},{"Source":"Rotten Tomatoes","Value":"35%"},{"Source":"Metacritic","Value":"40/100"}],"Metascore":"40","imdbRating":"5.5","imdbVotes":"35,039","imdbID":"tt12261776","Type":"movie","DVD":"07 Apr 2023","BoxOffice":"$31,967,087","Production":"N/A","Website":"N/A","Response":"True"}

Former is decimal, latter is integer. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Junglejim
13 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Hello @JunglejimI understand your comment. Is the value always an integer and never a decimal number?  

Vic

Hi Vic, Yep as @GrimReaperstated Community Rating is decimal and Critic Rating is integer 👍...

Screenshot_2023-04-30_08-52-17.thumb.png.432a81f7db6ca4c81c38e8e09cf4fd2f.png

EDIT:

It can get confusing with them all having a rating in the description but @GrimReaperperfectly explained it here..

4) Custom Rating will probably not be used by most, only if the parents disagree with the official certification (Parental Rating) and want to raise/lower it for access reasons for there kids.

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

VicMoore

Thanks @Junglejimfor the clarification. So what I need to change is the 'min critic rating' in the plugin Filter to have integer values between 1 and 100. Everything else is as it should be.  I will make these changes tomorrow.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

I had a few free minutes so I fixed the problem and uploaded  plugin 2.2

vic

• Like 1

rbjtech

First of all - great work Vic and Dave on getting this into a Plugin !

This is the first time I've had to use it on mass to make a large bulk tag change - and I'm either not using it correctly or the 'bulk edit' function is not working as I assumed it would.

I have 250+ episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine (for my Grandson before any comments lol..) and it appears if I select multiple seasons I can 'bulk' edit and add a 'Family' tag.   This only applies to the Season level, not episode level.   Now if I go into a Season, select them all - hit 'Bulk' edit - I am presented with the items to edit 1 at a time only.    

I expected to see a single 'edit' applied to all selected Items.

I checked out Movies, and that appears to be the same - if I select lets say 4 movies, even in Bulk Edit, I have to set the (Add) the tag individually on each one using the 'next' button ?

What I want to be able to do is select the entire TV Season (or ideally per TV Show) and simply add a Tag to everything below it - ie all Season incl all Episodes

Any help appreciated as it's probably a user issue !

Thanks - keep up the great work. :)

Edited by rbjtech

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

First of all - great work Vic and Dave on getting this into a Plugin !

This is the first time I've had to use it on mass to make a large bulk tag change - and I'm either not using it correctly or the 'bulk edit' function is not working as I assumed it would.

I have 250+ episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine (for my Grandson before any comments lol..) and it appears if I select multiple seasons I can 'bulk' edit and add a 'Family' tag.   This only applies to the Season level, not episode level.   Now if I go into a Season, select them all - hit 'Bulk' edit - I am presented with the items to edit 1 at a time only.    

I expected to see a single 'edit' applied to all selected Items.

I checked out Movies, and that appears to be the same - if I select lets say 4 movies, even in Bulk Edit, I have to set the (Add) the tag individually on each one using the 'next' button ?

What I want to be able to do is select the entire TV Season (or ideally per TV Show) and simply add a Tag to everything below it - ie all Season incl all Episodes

Any help appreciated as it's probably a user issue !

Thanks - keep up the great work. :)

Richy Rich… I think the intension of the original html version was to select all the stuff you know need editing, and have a more granular edit to the mass edit, by doing one and moving to the next. But i think that it would be a great addition tohave a tab that said. Apply to all in the selected items.

• Like 1

GrimReaper

My memory might be lacking, but IIRC html tool worked as Rich described/expected, single action applied to multiple items in bulk, which was the original intention why the tool was created in the first place. Though it was considerable time ago when early alphas were tested, I might be mistaken just as well. 

• Like 1

GrimReaper

F*ck, wasn't I prophetic at the time or what? 🙂

On 7/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, GrimReaper said:

Following above @rbjtech's post from another topic regarding same tool, one of the directions I could see this evolving would be as a viable alternative to inbuilt Metadata Manager, other db fields could be manipulated just as well. Lack of core mass-edit has been an issue for quite some time, so much that number of users have resorted to 3rd party apps or various workarounds, being successful to a lesser or greater extent; since this would be tied directly to Emby, I'm quite sure lots of nerves could be spared and number of users could find solution to their issues. Of course, it would be highly dependent on Dev's willingness/available time to implement additional functions and, naturally, on community contributions to the same, and even without it it's still a great tool, kudos to @VicMoore

• Haha 1

VicMoore

The bulk edit should edit everything at once - I will check it again - maybe I broke something.

vic

VicMoore

@rbjtech The bulk edit does change every selected item all at once. You don't have to cycle through them.  When you add Tags, genres, and studios you must select from the pull down list how you want the tag added.  I just tested it and it works as expected.

I just uploaded plugin 2.3   -  it corrects a bug in the custom filter that kept the edit/bulk buttons hidden.

Vic

• Agree 1