Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

VicMoore

I forgot who asked me, but somebody wanted me to change how the shift click worked.  I was always selecting everything.  I have now changed it to work in the more traditional way. Like before you now click to select an item. Then when you shift click another item it selects all of the media between the two clicks. Give it a go and let me know if it's working properly.

The new 0.0.3.6 plugin with this code has been posted.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

fwemby67

Hi, @VicMoore I have been busy today and only got a chance to test the new plugin a bit at night. it looks better than the html tool. and all the issues I listed before have been addressed, the filter works, shift click issue is resolved (yes, it's me asking it :) ) and cancel selection also works with the "clear all" button. thanks for the effort.

I feel the overall performance is sluggish, probably due to too many channels I have (over 7000).

another issue is the new tags added by the bulk editor are lost after some Emby scheduled tasks execute, I think either the internet channel refresh or the guide refresh is causing it, but I am not sure which one yet. do you have an idea? if there is no way to fix it in Emby, then I have to write script to insert tags to the source iptv m3u file using group-title field, which was what I have been doing before your tool was introduced.

VicMoore

Hello @fwemby67when you change channel metadata you need to lock it or Emby will often change it back to the original values.  This is just the way Emby works.  

Wow, 7000 channels!!!  I didn't know there were so many. Question, when you add tags to channels do you see the spinner?  On my machine I have 20 channels and things happen so fast I never see the spinner, so I can't confirm it's actually working.

By the way, when you change metadata on 7000 channels, I have to make sure that the process does not overload Emby.  So the task is not fully asynchronous.  This is the delay that you are noticing. 

Thanks for your help, Vic

fwemby67

hi, @VicMooreyes, I see the spinner and it works perfectly. I will test the lock feature.

also I just realized that the adding, deleting or replacing tags functions are missing from the plugin. they are in the html tool. so how do I delete existing tags now?

VicMoore

@fwemby67just remove the tag you want to delete from the text area for tags.

I plan to enhance how tags are added and removed in the near future.

Vic

fwemby67
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

@fwemby67just remove the tag you want to delete from the text area for tags

You meant the text area where tags are added? Is it supposed to show the existing tags? It always starts empty ...

fwemby67
5 hours ago, fwemby67 said:

You meant the text area where tags are added? Is it supposed to show the existing tags? It always starts empty ...

ok, I see the single edit displays the existing tags in the text are, but bulk edit doesn't and always shows blank. if you can add the same methods implemented in the html tool, that would be nice.

Cheesegeezer

@VicMoorei send you some messages on teams. I will be free a bit later to get you set up so you can release the plugin to the catalog 👍👍

• Like 1

VicMoore

I just posted plugin 1.0.0.0 

You can now remove individual tags and you can change Primary images (for now you can select new images only from your server).  

@Cheesegeezerand I will try today to move the plugin to the Emby Library.

Vic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
VicMoore

I signed onto the dev portal and added the bulky plugin.  So far, it has not shown up in the Emby library.   I hope I didn't make a mistake.  This is new territory for me.

Anybody have any bugs that need fixing?

Vic

• Like 1

Junglejim
On 29/05/2023 at 22:21, VicMoore said:

I signed onto the dev portal and added the bulky plugin.  So far, it has not shown up in the Emby library.   I hope I didn't make a mistake.  This is new territory for me.

Vic

Hi Vic, not seeing it in the catalog yet, maybe there is a review process that could take some time?

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Hi Vic, not seeing it in the catalog yet, maybe there is a review process that could take some time?

On 5/29/2023 at 8:51 AM, VicMoore said:

Vic

Hi Vic, gimme a shout on teams when you are around and i can double check everything. 

its a 2 stage process when initially releasing.

1. Setup the package, including the plugin ID, name, thumb image links, description and server category 

1. you then need to add a version. This has-
    Your plugin version - 1.0.0.0…… server compatibility version - 4.7.11.0….: version notes - initial release and finally you upload the plugin dll. Click save and this is what is posted to the catalogue.

VicMoore

SUCCESS !!!!!   Bulky is in the Plugin Library.   

I failed to get the image URL from GitHub correct, so the image is missing.  @Cheesegeezeris going to help me later today to get the GitHub problems fixed.

Vic

• Like 4

gillmacca01

Great news.

Do we need to remove the current dll and install the plugin to get future updates?

VicMoore

I think so - but don't know for sure - to be safe I would load the plugin in the catalog - it has a few updates - let me know how it works

I am trying now to fix the Bulky image.  @Cheesegeezeris going to show me how to properly fetch the image from GitHub

Vic

gillmacca01

It updated from the plugin without needing to delete the dll 

VicMoore

I will have an update tomorrow or after the weekend.  Nothing big - just cosmetic changes

Vic

VicMoore

I just uploaded a Bulky update to confirm that everything is working fine.  My server upgraded without incident.

Vic

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Junglejim
On 02/06/2023 at 09:22, VicMoore said:

I just uploaded a Bulky update to confirm that everything is working fine.  My server upgraded without incident.

Vic

Congrats getting your plugin in the catalog mate. Working great. 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

fwemby67

I haven't checked it for a while, but the bulky plugin is automatically updated in my Emby and works well. Great job! @VicMoore your effort is much appreciated!

• Like 1

mixXxim

Thanks for the great plugin, it was and is definitely a lot of work, great.

I have a small problems.

How do I get back here?

Thanks very much.

Kein Zurück Button.jpg