Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

VicMoore

@JunglejimI think the problem is that I need to search on albums not folders  --  I am going to figure out how to do that ASAP - on my system Albums and folders are the same

Vic

Ninko
17 hours ago, BRVICR said:

I"m using the tags for access control. I want the tag to be applied at the album level whereas Bulky applies it to the folder level. I can add a tag at the album level through the Emby interface. If I apply the tag using Bulky songs within that folder inherit the tag, but since the album doesn't get tagged no albums show up in the Albums section of Emby. User can still access the songs through the Songs view, but can't view them in the Album view.

I suspect this is the problem I was having, only with audio books. Maybe audio books are treating in the same way as music on Emby?

VicMoore

@NinkoCould you tell me what's not working with audiobooks?  I think I have a handle on the problem with music, and I don't think the solution applies to audiobooks.  With Audio books I assume each book is in a folder.  This may be a bad assumption.

Vic

Ninko

@VicMooreIf you take a look at this thread, hopefully it helps to explain the problem.

Of course whether this problem lies with your plugin or the Emby team, I'm not sure.

Junglejim
19 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@Junglejim @BRVICR Please try the attached test plugin.  For music I am showing Albums rather than Folders. Let me know what I need to change.  

Vic

Emby.Bulky.dll 356 kB · 1 download

Hi Vic, tried your test version but that made no difference to ver .18

Music/audiobooks are "embedded tag" driven but it should be ordered the same ....

Artist(folder)/Album(folder)/Tracks(files)..

Same for audiobooks..

Author(folder)/Book(folder)/Chapter(files)..

Its the same as tvshows, Series(folder)/Season(folder)/Episodes(files)

It's weird how you had it right in previous versions. 🤔

This is driving me crazy.. This is ver. 0.0.1.12 and you had it right..

The music library should start with ARTISTS...

Screenshot_2023-04-13_19-52-27.thumb.png.a57bf5a958a0a4131717ffb9b43d49fe.png

ALL ARTISTS 👍

The audiobook library should start with AUTHORS

Screenshot_2023-04-13_19-52-53.thumb.png.9b69594b8048db66c40d7e649df2ad72.png

All AUTHORS 👍

The same as tvshows start with SERIES

Screenshot_2023-04-13_19-53-33.thumb.png.77f5dd6062a712576f22c8c6bee5c541.png

There's not much more I can do mate if you cant grab that basic concept.

It's not a big deal for me personally because I never tag music/audiobook in the library with this plugin. Just trying to help!

Feel free to ignore all this and just carry on as you were. I'm done. ;)

EDIT:

Here is ver 0.0.1.12, try this and see the difference.

Emby.Bulky.dll

Edited by Junglejim

Ninko
35 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Hi Vic, tried your test version but that made no difference to ver .18

Music/audiobooks are "embedded tag" driven but it should be ordered the same ....

Artist(folder)/Album(folder)/Tracks(files)..

Same for audiobooks..

Author(folder)/Book(folder)/Chapter(files)..

Its the same as tvshows, Series(folder)/Season(folder)/Episodes(files)

It's weird how you had it right in previous versions. 🤔

This is driving me crazy.. This is ver. 0.0.1.12 and you had it right..

The music library should start with ARTISTS...

Screenshot_2023-04-13_19-52-27.thumb.png.a57bf5a958a0a4131717ffb9b43d49fe.png

ALL ARTISTS 👍

The audiobook library should start with AUTHORS

Screenshot_2023-04-13_19-52-53.thumb.png.9b69594b8048db66c40d7e649df2ad72.png

All AUTHORS 👍

The same as tvshows start with SERIES

Screenshot_2023-04-13_19-53-33.thumb.png.77f5dd6062a712576f22c8c6bee5c541.png

There's not much more I can do mate if you cant grab that basic concept.

It's not a big deal for me personally because I never tag music/audiobook in the library with this plugin. Just trying to help!

Feel free to ignore all this and just carry on as you were. I'm done. ;)

What @Junglejimsaid! 😉

VicMoore

@Junglejimand @NinkoThanks JungleJim for the explanation.  I now know what to do and will put it right.  I will work on it today. Emby allows multiple views. I will have to resolve how to do that also.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Junglejim
On 13/04/2023 at 21:27, VicMoore said:

@Junglejimand @NinkoThanks JungleJim for the explanation.  I now know what to do and will put it right.  I will work on it today. Emby allows multiple views. I will have to resolve how to do that also.

Vic

Thanks mate, no rush/pressure, I know what you mean about emby having multiple views/default screens (artist/album/songs/folders etc..). As long as you can filter down to what you need in the plugin it should be ok, hopefully. :)

Edited by Junglejim

VicMoore

I am back from the farm...   Anyone have any bugs to report or suggestions?

Vic

MBSki
9 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I am back from the farm...   Anyone have any bugs to report or suggestions?

None here. Ready to go into the plugin library IMO. 😁

• Agree 1

VicMoore

Hello @MBSki.   I am glad that you are not experiencing any problems.  I need to test a little longer.  @Cheesegeezerwill decide when we ask Emby to add this plugin to the library.  I keep learning more every day.

Vic

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer
32 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello @MBSki.   I am glad that you are not experiencing any problems.  I need to test a little longer.  @Cheesegeezerwill decide when we ask Emby to add this plugin to the library.  I keep learning more every day.

Vic

Welcome Back Vic, Hope you had a great time away.

Generally Silence is golden.  I can host the plugin in the catalogue until Emby Admin give you access.

For everyone else in this testing group... please can you give your feedback over the next couple of days.  What we really want to avoid is doing minor bug fixes and keep rolling out updates, which requires you to restart you server all time.

We would really really appreciate your feedback on bugs only.

As for Feature requests keep them out of this for the time being.

Hoping this can be released and i can steal vic to create an ebook reader for Audirium hehehe ;) 

Thanks everyone again for all your help with getting Bulky this far!!!

• Like 1

VicMoore

Hello @Cheesegeezer... I had a great time on my daughters farm.  I will do the e-book reader for you.  I can also help you with a pure JS client.  Lets get together on another voice chat and discuss things.  I will send the latest plugin code tomorrow.

Please host the plugin under your account. 

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

Junglejim
14 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Welcome Back Vic, Hope you had a great time away.

Generally Silence is golden.  I can host the plugin in the catalogue until Emby Admin give you access.

For everyone else in this testing group... please can you give your feedback over the next couple of days.  What we really want to avoid is doing minor bug fixes and keep rolling out updates, which requires you to restart you server all time.

We would really really appreciate your feedback on bugs only.

As for Feature requests keep them out of this for the time being.

Hoping this can be released and i can steal vic to create an ebook reader for Audirium hehehe ;) 

Thanks everyone again for all your help with getting Bulky this far!!!

Hi @VicMoore@Cheesegeezer, It will be great to get this in the catalog. Movies & TV Shows are working great for me. The music library could still use some work visually but I don't tag music in emby's library so haven't tested it out.

I noticed something strange with plugin library's eg. Top Picks.

It used to look like this with earlier versions...

Screenshot_2023-04-21_18-32-21.thumb.png.69c135f19dae441200775819530dd4ef.png

With the latest code it looks like this..

Screenshot_2023-04-21_18-36-30.thumb.png.b8b6b5db3e26fa5da9faba337fbdc625.png

Do you think we really need access to virtual plugin library's ?

It's just a guess but I think it could have something to do with mixed content because my recordings library is the same..

Screenshot_2023-04-21_18-54-27.thumb.png.b67bbe2ec2e0550bb694668932dca8a8.png

This is ready to go in my opinion, thanks for all you hard work. 👍

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1

Junglejim
2 hours ago, Pejamas said:

Is there any way to filter Movies in a way that only shows titles that are MISSING critic/community ratings?

I don't think there is at the moment but you could use the reports plugin and sort/toggle by ratings, that should show the items missing a value.

You could also use the table view in the web app and sort by critic/community ratings and that should do the same.

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1

Pejamas
2 hours ago, Junglejim said:

I don't think there is at the moment but you could use the reports plugin and sort/toggle by ratings, that should show the items missing a value.

You could also use the table view in the web app and sort by critic/community ratings and that should do the same.

Good suggestions, that's what I currently do, I just thought this filter within bulky would make manually adding missing ratings easier rather than right clicking > Edit metadata for each item.

• Agree 1

Junglejim
3 hours ago, Pejamas said:

Good suggestions, that's what I currently do, I just thought this filter within bulky would make manually adding missing ratings easier rather than right clicking > Edit metadata for each item.

Yeah for sure! It would be nice. Maybe Vic could add this. (has rating, true/false) ;)

But that's a feature request.. lets get the plugin where Vic want's it to be and in the catalog. 👍

Edited by Junglejim
  • Agree 1

Junglejim
15 hours ago, gillmacca01 said:

Does this work with the latest beta version (4.8.0.30)?

Not sure mate, I don't run beta versions. I'm sure someone will have a answer for ya.. ;)

VicMoore

@pejamas and @JunglejimI just uploaded the 0.0.2.0 plugin.   It includes the ability to search for missing data with the custom filter.  The operator pull down list now includes an "N" operator that checks for 'no input.'   it checks to see if the item in the current object is blank.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 2

Pejamas
2 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@pejamas and @JunglejimI just uploaded the 0.0.2.0 plugin.   It includes the ability to search for missing data with the custom filter.  The operator pull down list now includes an "N" operator that checks for 'no input.'   it checks to see if the item in the current object is blank.

Vic

Works a treat with community rating! However, unless I'm going blind, in the custom filter list there is no "critic rating" field appearing.

• Agree 1