Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

VicMoore

I am going to try and make the custom filter recursive - it will take me a few hours to find out if I can do it

Vic

• Thanks 2

VicMoore

It's odd that the Emby filter works for everything except Music.  I may have to ask help from the Emby team to determine if the problem is in Emby.  Before doing that, I am checking my code closely to lower the probability that the problem is in my code.

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

@MBSkiI think I found the problem - I will try to fix it tonight.

Vic

P.S.  Thanks for pointing this problem out

MBSki
20 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@MBSkiI think I found the problem - I will try to fix it tonight.

Vic

P.S.  Thanks for pointing this problem out

Awesome, thanks Vic!

VicMoore

I just add 0.0.1.8 of the plugin to page 1.   It fixes many bugs, including the problem using recursion on music libraries.

Vic

p.s.  @MBSkiI will post a note tomorrow explaining how to filter and use recursion.

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

I am still trying to fix a bug. Hopefully tomorrow I can post an update

Vic

Junglejim
On 05/04/2023 at 11:09, VicMoore said:

I just add 0.0.1.8 of the plugin to page 1.   It fixes many bugs, including the problem using recursion on music libraries.

Vic

p.s.  @MBSkiI will post a note tomorrow explaining how to filter and use recursion.

Cheers mate, that fixed the problem using recursion on music libraries. 👍

Now I see a white background for the top two rows, it was not like that before and looked a lot better..Screenshot_2023-04-06_19-07-11.thumb.png.5babe73b1e2cfad7b6ff7be7149d1d79.png

If you scroll down some it starts to look like it used too. Which I prefer! Any way you can fix that or can you provide the 0.0.1.7 so I can roll back?

Rather have a clean looking plugin than mess with music tags!

Screenshot_2023-04-06_19-09-21.thumb.png.37d8a69293507736203bad00e48072f5.png

Also this is crap, white text on a grey background.. 😆

Screenshot_2023-04-06_19-18-34.thumb.png.3a224aecd5539d14b9abf601180d1320.png

EDIT: found a link to 0.0.1.6 in a previous post so that will do me, It does what I need and looks good!

Edited by Junglejim

MBSki
2 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Cheers mate, that fixed the problem using recursion on music libraries.

Weird, I get less results than before now. What the heck am I doing wrong? 😅

Junglejim
4 minutes ago, MBSki said:

Weird, I get less results than before now. What the heck am I doing wrong? 😅

It worked ok for me, albums and songs where listed. I must admit the music library in bulky is a dogs breakfast, not to sure how he works the logic with it as it is. 🤔

Work in progress as they say.. ;)

• Haha 1

MBSki
5 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

It worked ok for me, albums and songs where listed.

Man, I don't get it. I'm using the same exact arguments as before and now I get no results. This is really strange. 

Junglejim
26 minutes ago, MBSki said:

Man, I don't get it. I'm using the same exact arguments as before and now I get no results. This is really strange. 

I just down graded to .6 but I can upgrade to .8 and give it another go.. :)

From memory I just entered the main music lib and selected filter... (Recursive) + (Search for String)

before the .8 update I would scroll down to the actual music library and work from there.. (the main lib from the plugin is a mess)..

Screenshot_2023-04-06_22-28-30.thumb.png.f381901109468fdf020cb4dad0e500d1.png

Here's how I do that... https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/117487-bulky-bulkmass-metadata-editor/&do=findComment&comment=1240553

Let me know if you want me to test the new .8 again, no probs will take like 2min's. 👍

Edited by Junglejim

MBSki
23 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

I just down graded to .6 but I can upgrade to .8 and give it another go.. :)

From memory I just entered the main music lib and selected filter... (Recursive) + (Search for String)

Ah, that worked! I was trying to use custom. The "first" filter appears to be working though. The only issue is I don't know what i'm looking at in the results. 

@VicMoore Can the results show some indicator of whether it's a song or album?

Junglejim
28 minutes ago, MBSki said:

Ah, that worked! I was trying to use custom. The "first" filter appears to be working though. The only issue is I don't know what i'm looking at in the results. 

@VicMoore Can the results show some indicator of whether it's a song or album?

Here is the .8 filter..

Screenshot_2023-04-06_23-03-16.thumb.png.793cf31c88ba4137cfc9edbf72048774.png

Screenshot_2023-04-06_23-04-11.thumb.png.9a200a86028d322729c7a13bf50612d1.png

The Albums should have a red title header (folder), as you can see it picked up 595 items (albums+songs)

I hope that helps, now all Vic has to do is get rid of that crappy white html background panel.. :)

Edited by Junglejim
  • Thanks 1

VicMoore

@JunglejimWhat color would you like?

I posted the latest plugin.dll tonight.  I fixed a bug in the recursive search and another big bug in the "IsFavorite" and "Played"  user data values. I will continue testing this weekend.

Vic

Junglejim
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

@JunglejimWhat color would you like?

I posted the latest plugin.dll tonight.  I fixed a bug in the recursive search and another big bug in the "IsFavorite" and "Played"  user data values. I will continue testing this weekend.

Vic

Hi Vic, I'd like no panel at all and just have the theme background as it was at the start of the development of the plugin...

Screenshot_2023-04-07_13-33-38.thumb.png.42b5239c8edb8271d25f976ff5e616c1.png

Screenshot_2023-04-07_13-33-54.thumb.png.d8f9cad010db74b7cc07c9654837c5f7.png

Screenshot_2023-04-07_13-34-12.thumb.png.ac76aec05fe2d8a899eb9da670e11707.png

That looks cleaner and more professional and inline with other plugins, and more readable.

Not sure why you added this background but it just kills the plugin for me and looks totally out of place and it's not needed!

Screenshot_2023-04-06_23-04-11.thumb.png.9a200a86028d322729c7a13bf50612d1.png.4f62cabf5780219df282c61198d400d4.png

If your hell bent on using that background, maybe restrict the panel to the filter/custom filter page and make it black with 50% Transparency or something like that and make it fill the hole screen and not just the top 60%. ;)

Edited by Junglejim
  • Agree 1

VicMoore

@JunglejimI can make the background whatever you like.  I will put it back the way it was. 

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 3

VicMoore

@JunglejimI just posted 0.0.1.11 and it has all of the backgrounds removed.  The background will be what you select in the theme settings. 

Is this what you had in mind - I like it better also.

vic

• Like 3

Eigeplackter

Hi all,

thought I would join you in checking out the beta. As I'm using some specific combination of settings.

Display 3860*2160@60Hz Windows scaling 200% and Chrome scaling custom per website.

1) Icons in general are hard to read (Theme Dark 100% in Chrome), Favorite is unreadable/invisible

image.thumb.png.344948b89b077e556d9cd436107735c7.png

2) I like the spinning wheel showing that the plugin is doing something, could this be visible when picking a library too ?

image.thumb.png.338b2d9833bd9d6f76059c78ef6f4c7e.png

Right now loading a library looks like this

image.thumb.png.ae8ea6449ff5b88e5179d156eea59077.png

3) What are those button meant to do ? Is this meant to be the alphabet picker ? View is unfiltered movies library.

image.png.69b73542aee24315fe8ef33ba356fe47.png

Funny thing is, it changes the amount of shown letters, when you return i.e. from editing several movies, but it's still not complete

image.png.fc2c3eb8cd3da9a0c393eccf5dbd8ad5.png

4) I miss the "save&next" button to edit several movies in a row (extra click needed right now), but I love that it shows a count now

image.thumb.png.be034847229746141c591c906f32fa39.png

5) Is the option to remove/add/replace tags abandoned or not yet implemented ?

image.thumb.png.80f14e42eeef67675230301d2a89a020.png

That's all for now, thanks again @VicMooreand to all others helping to bring this to life as a plugin.

As a user, that cannot code, I'm really grateful for all the hard work and effort you put into such a "side project".

VicMoore

@Eigeplackterare you using plugin 0.0.1.11  ?

In the latest plugin I tried to use the theme colors as much as possible.  

You contribute a lot to this project by testing the code and identifying what's not working. Sometimes that takes more time than the coding.

Vic

• Like 2

Eigeplackter

@VicMooreyes, the one you uploaded today, just startet testing when your new reply popped up, so started the test over 😆

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
11 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@JunglejimI just posted 0.0.1.11 and it has all of the backgrounds removed.  The background will be what you select in the theme settings. 

Is this what you had in mind - I like it better also.

vic

Cheers mate, that's perfect. No matter which theme you choose it looks great!

Thanks for taking everyone's suggestions onboard. This is a must have plugin for every emby server in my opinion. 👍

Edit: Also thanks for sorting the music library out that's much better. :)

Edited by Junglejim
  • Agree 1

BRVICR

Thanks, I thought I had tried this awhile back and it didn't inherit. Seems to work. The issue with tagging with Bulky Editor though is that it tags the folder and not the album. 

VicMoore

I made a few cosmetic changes. I posted the latest dll.  The latest release is 0.0.1.14

I fixed the background color problem in the custom filter.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 2

Junglejim
On 08/04/2023 at 11:07, BRVICR said:

Thanks, I thought I had tried this awhile back and it didn't inherit. Seems to work. The issue with tagging with Bulky Editor though is that it tags the folder and not the album. 

Hi @BRVICRNot sure what your trying to achieve here..?

Emby or Bulky can't edit embedded tags, only programs like (kid3/mp3tag/MKVToolNix GUI) will do that.

Emby/Bulky just adds tags to the respective library db entry's (folder/file) which is useful in so many ways (filtering smart playlists, virtualTV, restricting user access... etc...) .

Edited by Junglejim

Super957

I try this plugin for first time...but in the libraries of movies (4.300 movies) at right the letters are show not correct, see screenshot

While my others library show correct...

There is a way to fix ?

Thank

Hispa

Senza titolo.png

Senza titolo2.png