ROC theme support

Jimmy

Version 1.0.6.2:

TV Show items title/logo is missing in Recently Added Detail and Poster view.  Movie items doesn't appear to affected, only TV items.

Detail View:

527ab7b7ac6e8_RecentlyAddedDetailViewNoT

Poster View:

527ab813c3968_NoTitleLogoRecentlyAddedPo

Nick's MCE

Seem to have a new problem for my backdrops in TV Series, they only show in the folder tier and then non in the season tier or the episodes tier right the way back. Any ideas for this.

Nick's MCE

Lee
Hopefully this is the right info, let me know.
- <System>
  <Provider Name="ehExtHost" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
  <Level>4</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T07:21:55.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>643</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Media Center</Channel>
  <Computer>Nick_MCE_2</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Exception System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to convert "" to an object of type 'System.Int32'. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.Operations.TypeConversion(Object instance) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.PropertyOperations.Get(Object instance, String stPath, Boolean fThrowOnError) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.Get(Object instance, Int32 idxStart, Int32 nCount, Boolean fErrorOnNullReturn, Boolean fThrowOnError) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Set.ApplyWorker(Object args) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.RuleCollection.Update(IRulesHost rulesHost) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.View.UpdateBindings() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.View.UpdateBindings() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.View.UpdateBindings() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.View.UpdateBindings() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.View.UpdateBindings() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.View.UpdateBindings() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.View.UpdateBindings() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.View.UpdateBindings() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessDataBinding() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

I changed my theme back to NEO and everything loads up no problem, help.

Lee

Did you have any luck in sorting the issue where TV programs finish then just seem to hang on a media centre blue screen, I have to use the back button to get back into ROC

leedavies

I don't know why but the newest version is working for me :) Great, thanks.

That's because there's a fix in there for what I thought was causing your problem.  ROC was having problems working out what version of MediaBrower you are running so it could some "visual optimizations" in particular ways for particular versions of MB, if it needed to.

Glad to hear you're working OK now.

leedavies

I changed my theme back to NEO and everything loads up no problem, help.

Yes, if you're having to go back to using NEO, you definitely need help!  LOL  ;-)

I'm looking into this issue right now... will report back.

leedavies

Lee

Did you have any luck in sorting the issue where TV programs finish then just seem to hang on a media centre blue screen, I have to use the back button to get back into ROC

Not yet, no.  I'm not seeing that behaviour, nor it seems is anyone else (that I've heard).  I'll ask a few of you wonderful pre-release testers to give it a try and give some feedback.

GrotShot

Lee can you tell me where to find the backdrop on the EHS and can it be changed, thanks heaps.

I added a backdrop.jpg to the Default section of the collections in the Server which gives me one background across all collections. So Browse Library in the Server, Click on one of your collections, Edit collection and on the left pane you get a list of your collections with a default at the top. Click on default and on the right pane select images and upload your preferred background image as a background.

If you want a different background for each of your collections then do this process for each collection choosing a different background image each time.

It took me a while to find this as couldn't see it documented anywhere.

• Like 1

GrotShot

Lee - I've added a backdrop.jpg into the default collection on the server. I've noticed that this does not load when MBC is started but only when you move off the initial collection tile. It then displays correctly after this when navigating tiles.

mboehler

Lee

Not yet, no.  I'm not seeing that behaviour, nor it seems is anyone else (that I've heard).  I'll ask a few of you wonderful pre-release testers to give it a try and give some feedback.

I'm sure someone else was havering the same problem

There was this thread and this thread, but neither of those had to do with the Roc theme.

Nick's MCE

I added a backdrop.jpg to the Default section of the collections in the Server which gives me one background across all collections. So Browse Library in the Server, Click on one of your collections, Edit collection and on the left pane you get a list of your collections with a default at the top. Click on default and on the right pane select images and upload your preferred background image as a background.

If you want a different background for each of your collections then do this process for each collection choosing a different background image each time.

It took me a while to find this as couldn't see it documented anywhere.

Ok thanks, I found the edit  & upload section on the server and uploaded an image to the default tab. I was given an option of primary or backdrop, not sure what this is so I loaded something in both. I then checked my EHS screen on ROC and there is no change, in fact couldn't find a change anywhere. I closed out and updated etc, then re-opened but still no change. Is there something I am missing.

Just to be clear what I am expecting to see change is the spiraling space image on the EHS screen, is this correct.

All help gratefully appreciated

leedavies

Ok thanks, I found the edit  & upload section on the server and uploaded an image to the default tab. I was given an option of primary or backdrop, not sure what this is so I loaded something in both. I then checked my EHS screen on ROC and there is no change, in fact couldn't find a change anywhere. I closed out and updated etc, then re-opened but still no change. Is there something I am missing.

Just to be clear what I am expecting to see change is the spiraling space image on the EHS screen, is this correct.

No, that spiraling image is the "initial folder" backdrop.  You can turn it on or off and the animation is turned on or off with it.  There's no option to change the image that spirals and there's no plan to add that feature this side of MBT.

leedavies

There was this thread and this thread, but neither of those had to do with the Roc theme.

Thanks buddy - sounds like this is nothing to do with ROC itself.  A theme simply tells the MB API to play an item.  The theme has no control over what happens when the item finishes playing.,

I'm not spending any time investigating right now cos it sounds like a core MB issue, not my code.

leedavies

Lee - I've added a backdrop.jpg into the default collection on the server. I've noticed that this does not load when MBC is started but only when you move off the initial collection tile. It then displays correctly after this when navigating tiles.

Hmm, I've not tried doing this.  Thanks for the heads up - will investigate and fix if poss.

GrotShot

I loaded it into backdrop. Yes, the spiral star field gets replaced. I have noticed that you have to move off the initial collection tile before it shows as the spiral always loads currently. I've mentioned this to Lee.

I have to say that it didn't appear on mine initially so it may be that a server restart and a full scan is needed before it picks it up. These things do seem a bit hit and miss!

Nick's MCE

I loaded it into backdrop. Yes, the spiral star field gets replaced. I have noticed that you have to move off the initial collection tile before it shows as the spiral always loads currently. I've mentioned this to Lee.

I have to say that it didn't appear on mine initially so it may be that a server restart and a full scan is needed before it picks it up. These things do seem a bit hit and miss!

I will try again and do the full scan and re-launch to see if it comes up. You can turn off the "initial backdrop" on the EHS, but it does leave the overlays etc there. Firstly need to get the backdrop to come up through the server to see what happens. Seems like there needs to be a mod on the ROC EHS to get this integrated correctly.

I will play with it and report back.

Nick's MCE

Yes, if you're having to go back to using NEO, you definitely need help!  LOL  ;-)

I'm looking into this issue right now... will report back.

Tried loading the home movies again in the ROC and Crystal updates but still the same issue. Checked it in NEO again and they load up fine.

GrotShot

Lee - I've noticed that as I've been adding theme music to my TV series, when at the Season or Episode level that the backdrops do not display. If I remove the theme music then the backdrops display successfully.

mariors44

Lee - I've noticed that as I've been adding theme music to my TV series, when at the Season or Episode level that the backdrops do not display. If I remove the theme music then the backdrops display successfully.

This also happens with movie box sets with theme music in the same folder, backdrops do not rotate, once you remove the folder all is well again with backdrops. I brought this up with lee and he said it was a classic issue. I posted this problem on the classic section but never received a response. This could be related. 

hedgehogg

Just updated to the latest verion now getting 'Invalid Application' on entry to MBC - Switched back to NEO and all ok again so deffo ROC :(

I'm also having problem "Unable to start Media Browser" after upgrade ROC to 1.0.8.2. Reverting to earlier 1.0.8.0 fixed problem tho.

Edited by pa3x