ROC theme support

Jimmy

Need some help...... Where can I put images for Movies by Genre, for Music by Genre and for Favorites

52701ada159d2_Capture.jpg

52701aee0b995_Capture2.jpg

I would like to add these.....

52701cd20ce77_MusicbyGenre.png52701ce543585_MoviesbyGenre.png52701d0495323_Favorites.png

CWNashvegas

In

C:\Users\WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\General\

create a new folder exactly matching the item name (ie, "Favorites" or "Movies by Genre"). In that new folder, place your desired folder.jpg or folder.png. For more information, see The ImagesByName Folder.

Edited by Knowledge Base

Lee not sure if anyone's reported this but im having an issue with both ROC and Crystal, when ive watched a TV program and I let it run until the end of the file it doesn't return back to ROC or Crystal unless I use the back button in media centre.

When ive tried other themes there isn't a issue when it gets to the end of a program.

johnchimpo

Items per tile is set at 5, which I believe is default. thks

edit: the Collections section shows 4 folder/series covers whilst the other 3 show only 2 episode screen shots. I'm assuming that this is due to the size of the picture. Not at all sure where the 5 items comes into it...

2nd edit: I know that you like my videos, so here another one by way of demonstration of both issues. It's a tad jerky tho, i'm trying out a screen capture app instead of my phone...

Same here. Only on TV collection and about 15 seconds where WMC is unresponsive.

Casper, how did you get Media Centre to look like it's a Windows 8 app?

edit: never mind, found it in the fanart.  I have to wait till 8.1 support is done though.
In regards to ROC it's working okay for me.  My only niggle is theme music plays but the backdrop doesn't show while the music is playing.  The backdrop is black.  Once the theme music plays then the backdrop shows.  Don't know if it's ROC, the Theme Music plugin, or MB Classic Core.

Edited by DigiTM

Lee,

If possible, please consider support for Upcoming TV episode menu/folder, similar to Recently Added, Unwatched,and Watched folders.  I also would like to see indicators or labels for missing, unaired seasons and episodes. Thanks!

Edited by JayAre

I see that since the premiered date is inserted in the episode page the episodename with number number is longer there In the episodes page. This episode number is only visable in the episode detail page. Can this be placed back in the episodes page? Thanks

Episodes page.

ROC%20Episode%20number%20missing%202.jpg

Episode detail page.

ROC%20Episode%20number%20missing.jpg

leedavies

No, your posts are not being ignored.  You can see from the post immediately above yours (#119) that RonVP is running 1.0.3.0 with no problems, as is everyone else, so it seems more likely the issue is related to your system and/or configuration, rather than the theme, as the theme is running fine for everyone else.

Having said that, you've posted some info with an error trace and I've looked into the problem and do have a change coming in the next patch which might fix your problem, as I suspect I know the cause, but I don't understand why it's only affecting you.

Are you happy to try a pre-release build to see if your problem is fixed?

Edited by leedavies

Sure thing I am. Bring it on.

I know no one else reported the same issue but as I said I tried it on my laptop too and the same thing happened. Both systems are x64 but I don't suppose that may be the problem.

leedavies

Sure thing I am. Bring it on.

I know no one else reported the same issue but as I said I tried it on my laptop too and the same thing happened. Both systems are x64 but I don't suppose that may be the problem.

v1.0.5.0 just went live.  Do you still have problems?  If so, I'll sort a debug build you over the next few days to pin this down.

leedavies

I see that since the premiered date is inserted in the episode page the episodename with number number is longer there In the episodes page. This episode number is only visable in the episode detail page. Can this be placed back in the episodes page? Thanks

Episodes page.

ROC%20Episode%20number%20missing%202.jpg

Episode detail page.

ROC%20Episode%20number%20missing.jpg

Fixed in 1.0.5.0, now live.

leedavies

Lee not sure if anyone's reported this but im having an issue with both ROC and Crystal, when ive watched a TV program and I let it run until the end of the file it doesn't return back to ROC or Crystal unless I use the back button in media centre.

When ive tried other themes there isn't a issue when it gets to the end of a program.

Odd.  Still the same in the new 1.0.5.0 that just went live?

leedavies

1.0.3.0 stops and becomes unresponsive if I keep the scroll button down in thumb list view. It stops at exactly the same movie every time.. movie number 63.. I removed that movie and it still stops on movie 63 but a different title, I down graded to the previous version and it is all good..

Fixed in 1.0.5.0, now live.

leedavies

Appears to be a bug in version 1.0.3.0 and older version.  I have a TV Series Collection with mixed collection type, mostly all with series.xml, only three TV movies with movies.xml.  If any of the three tv movies are marked unplayed, only these items are shown under TV Series Unwatched.  Unwatched TV Series episodes do appear when all three tv movies are marked played.

Great theme!  Nice work lee!

Should be fixed for you now in 1.0.5.0.

Not sure if this is a general MBC thing or specific to ROC, but:

All of a sudden, my TV series were showing all episodes in existence, not just the ones currently on my system. The interface became more confusing because it was switching between seasons I don't even own.  I eventually found that a new option about showing missing / unaired items for the library cropped up and was ON by default. Of course, if you click on one of the phantom episodes, it gives an error about that episode not being available...

The whole reason I only keep small numbers of episodes on the system at a time is to prevent wife confusion, as well as my own... having it show all episodes in existence by default is a spectacularly bad design decision. I see that in some circumstances it might be a good thing to have available, but turning it on by default is something that should be rethought.

Again, not sure if this relates to ROC or is general to MBC.

Meanwhile so far, so good on 1.05 of ROC! I updated tonight, and haven't encountered any problems. Any idea when more weather info (subsequent days, not just current stats) will get rolled in? I recall the discussion earlier in this thread or somewhere else that it's coming eventually. Can't wait.

Did the background on the home screen get changed? As in, more gray airbrushed in or something? I think I preferred it the old way. It still looks good, but I think the old way was a bit more classy.

Loving Roc. Beautiful.

Marc

Edited by Marc_G
  • Like 1

Yes, it would be nice for ROC to now have an overlay for missing and unaired on the episodes.  Chocolate now has it and it looks awesome.

• Like 2

EHS Backdrop in version 1.0.5.0 is shifting too much to the right, cutting off the EHS backdrop text.  This was not an issue in version 1.0.3.0.

Version 1.0.5.0 - EHS backdrop "3D Movies" text on the bottom right partially cut off.

52733fb82334c_Image00002.jpg

Version 1.0.3.0

5273406bc5c25_Image00001.jpg

Edited by JayAre

1.05, many improvements some comments

1 - The Dark skin looks like a marriage between dark and light.. I have a light overlay over the dark back drop.. creating a very distracting view. Anyway I can switch this off? EDIT: By using a custom backdrop for the EHS, the issue is gone..

2 - I love that we can set the transparency of the backdrops

3- Scrolling is good and smooth

4 - Still seeing a jump in the backdrop if I skip to a new movie during the backdrop animation

5 - When I start up, the theme (universe) backdrop shows and it does not switch to my custom backdrop until I switch tiles.. When switching back back to the EHS (from browsing a collection), , I see the theme backdrop for a split second and then my custom backdrop..

6 - The Wheather/Date text on the EHS does not capitalize (fri nov 1 instead of Fri Nov 1) also temp is showing as f and not F..

Edited by ronvp

leedavies

Thanks Lee for quickly adding the missing/future tags.  Although I do find it disturbing that you are missing Breaking Bad  :D

I haven't watched a single episode of breaking bad.  Haven't had time.  I have them all, well mostly all as I've now accidentally revealed , but I need to find the time to watch them.  Now that ROC release is out, I'm going offline and actually a movie through ROC.

It's about time!!!  :-)

leedavies

Sadly, didn't bother to learn how to move, add, or remove text in Photoshop or Gimp.  The backdrops are from me23 and tikuf.  I prefer the look of ehs backdrops with text, but no problem switching back to no text if needed.

Great job lee!  Will season folders also have missing or unaired tags?

As far as I can tell, folders don't have any indication that there are missing episodes within.  They just seem to count the number of episodes that DO exist on your system.  It's when you enter the folder that the magic of "more episodes appearing" happens.

Perhaps Luke can clarify?

leedavies

Sadly, didn't bother to learn how to move, add, or remove text in Photoshop or Gimp.  The backdrops are from me23 and tikuf.  I prefer the look of ehs backdrops with text, but no problem switching back to no text if needed.

Great job lee!  Will season folders also have missing or unaired tags?

All joking aside, is the animation better for you now in this release?

As far as I can tell, folders don't have any indication that there are missing episodes within.  They just seem to count the number of episodes that DO exist on your system.  It's when you enter the folder that the magic of "more episodes appearing" happens.

Perhaps Luke can clarify?

No, there isn't any indication if an actual season contains some missing episodes - only if the season itself were missing/future.

mboehler

The "little patch" I referred to in a post a few minutes ago is now live - ROC 1.0.6.0, with these changes:

• Support for "Missing" and "Future" overlays on items for MBC
  • EHS light overlay on dark skin fixed
  • "Living backdrops" animation anchor point and scale adjusted to avoid cropping too much of the backdrop edge

Thanks for the heads up guys on the Missing and Future feature in MBC.  

Despite this being an MBC-only feature, ROC is still a single plugin DLL that works in both MBC and MB2.6 by dynamically adapting itself to its surroundings.  

Enjoy folks.  If you're in trial mode, please buy this theme - I'm putting in the time and effort and my rent is due soon!  :-)

You are the man, Lee!

• Like 1